Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Life Without Barriers reviews

Life Without Barriers

Life Without Barriers Employee Review

Great place to grow.

I used to collect clients from school. Enjoyed driving around the maxi van. Then we got home and completed homework and played games Then we cooked dinner together or sometimes my clients watched TV or played outside. Then we would have showers and socialise while I cook. Then have dinner and tuck girls in for bed.

Pros

Working with different people

Cons

na

Same role

Home away from home

The team in the residential accommodation is wonderful and the management has the welfare of workers at heart because they approach issues or challenges at work with human feelings. Working here makes me feel at home and that I am with my family.
Same role

Some good team members

Learned alot about all types of disabilities, team meetings weeklyDiversity in the workplace Always offered extra hoursWorking with different cultures Ability to converse with family members

Pros

Learning

Cons

Nil
Same location

Rewarding job.

Encouraging and assisting clients with various Disabilities to become more independent by working towards their goals. This experience taught me the true meaning of patience and that consistency is key when helping them work towards achievements. I had worked along side Staff from diverse Religious and Cultural backgrounds with little or no experience in the caring field. Alice Springs being such a remote town, it was hard retain Staff for periods longer then 2 years.This made our jobs a lot harder as our clients weren't able to have that consistent care but we continued to do our best and were acknowledged constantly for our efforts and given a lot of work study options to better support skills. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to watch our clients go from start to finish when achieving their goals. Regardless of how long it took them to achieve these, the smiles of achievement were well worth the push and wait. One of the most rewarding jobs I've had and am truly blessed to have been a part of it.
  • Life Without Barriers