Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Life Without Barriers reviews

Life Without Barriers

Life Without Barriers Employee Review

High staff turnover

in my 3.5 years I saw 7 different managers come and go due to the work load. The children were challenging to work with, but that is why I loved the role, no two days were the same. The paperwork was easy to grasp and I implemented routine and planners, risk assessments.

Same role

case management

hard role but i was supported there was which ever training that i needed the management is very supportive of their staff everyday was different the youth were always a challenge
Same role

The headoffice was always clean and the staff were always friendly and happy

Being a Foster Carer is working from home and caring for the child. The company in general were always there for you if you need them. Very big on culture and you had to complete 3 courses per year to continue being a Carer. I guess the hardest part of the job was making the child feel welcome and comfortable in your home. The children obviously had been removed from danger. So they would be scared. The most enjoyable part of the job was making them happy and being loved.

Pros

They always looked after the Carers when in training

Cons

Always long hours
Same location

Don’t do it.

Terrible organisation. Treat staff appallingly. Extremely high case loads, expected to work outside contracted hours for no overtime or time off. Front line staff are very committed to their client group but rarely last long due to burnout and unrealistic expectations.

Pros

Tools of the trade.

Cons

Management, culture, expectations.
  • Life Without Barriers