Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Life Without Barriers Employee Review

Poor Darwin Management

7 February 2018
Management in Darwin are very amateurish, unprofessional and fail to follow their own policies and procedures. They constantly cut corners, and this affects client care. So much so, that if compliance were to pay a visit, heads would roll. So much is covered up and easily so, as management look after each other. Management have one set of rules and the rest of staff have another. If you dare to question the hierarchy, you are punished in some form or other. Ask management a question and you are not answered. Staff are afraid to speak up, for fear of retribution. There is no formal induction other than receiving a wad of paper work, and a pen at a table and told to read through it alone and answer any questions. Being shadowed on your first day of work depends on if there is available staff. Quite often you are sent out alone on your first day. There is no training, team building or support. Rosters are often sent out day by day instead of a fortnight in advance, and always have errors. Wages are always mucked about. Clients and staff constanly complain about no one answering phones. Clients complain about being wrongly invoiced, but do not want to fill out a feed back form for fear of having their services stopped. Management have taken all of the joy out of a caring role that should be very rewarding. Staff work very hard but are never rewarded and hardly acknowleged. This is part of the resson why staff are leaving in droves.
Pros
Caring for clients
Cons
Unprofessional Management
11 July 2020
Same roleSame location
support worker (Current Employee) - Darwin NT
One of the best companies have work with. Started in Townsville and transferred to Darwin. Worked there for 5 years and its one of the best. PROUD TO BE A LWB FAMILY!!
27 May 2020
Same role
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Fremantle WA
It was my first job as a Community Worker and I still consider one of the bests I have ever had. Management used to listen the workers and consider our opinion to take a decision. Manager was very efficient keeping the harmony and cooperation among workers, provide us constant training and be there for us as individuals when we needed it. Best part of the work was a a very integrated and reliable team. Hardest part of the job was supporting youth during their critical crises moments including suicidal attempting.
21 July 2020
Same location
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) - Darwin NT
Have never regretted working with them. They look after their staff and participants. Great management system. Always very active in term of managing the participants.
Pros
Great work
Cons
To give staff the necessary training in order for them to do their job effectively