Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Life Without Barriers Employee Review

20 February 2015
As a volunteer I found all the management and staff personnel very helpful and nothing was left unclear to me as to what I needed to do. I spent the day helping and guiding the participants in what they were doing for their day program. I assisted staff with taking participants on public transport into the city for lunch and by private bus to the lake so that they could participate in sailing activities. I leaned that every participant was an individual requiring different forms of involvement in the community. To see these people enjoying their involvement in there various activities made me feel that I had achieved and contributed to their well-being. My co-workers were all helpful and knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that I had. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see on the faces of participants the reactions they were getting from personal interaction with the community.
Pros
To be trusted by these individals
Cons
I found there to be none
11 April 2021
Same role
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) - 2-4 healey street craigieburn VIC 3064
The team in the residential accommodation is wonderful and the management has the welfare of workers at heart because they approach issues or challenges at work with human feelings. Working here makes me feel at home and that I am with my family.
8 March 2021
Same role
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
Learned alot about all types of disabilities, team meetings weeklyDiversity in the workplace Always offered extra hoursWorking with different cultures Ability to converse with family members
Pros
Learning
Cons
Nil
27 October 2019
Same location
Administration Officer (Current Employee) - Newcastle NSW
They support Clients in learning to do everyday task. They support the Clients in Community and in their own homes to learn the skill that we take for granted.
Pros
Great Support Staff
Cons
Long shifts
  1. The staff and participants were very nice to work with and made my time there enjoyable and rewarding.