Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Life Without Barriers reviews

Life Without Barriers

Life Without Barriers Employee Review

Well meaning organisation - pathetic lower management

Challenging days with kids who have challenging behaviours. Lots of training offered, Lots of great team members, high burn-out rate of staff. Hardest part of the job, Too many people emotionally attached though which you cant have in community services. Thinking they can change the world instead of sticking to protocol and then spending their shift in tears! Best part of the job, seeing a kid turn themselves around with coaxing and prompting and making themselves a worthy member of the community. Lower level management couldnt care less. They hardly ever engage with these kids so have NO CLUE about their lives or issues.Upper management are oblivious despite having strict guidelines and policies. Spent my final year there having the guts to complain about all the stuff swept under the carpet. I was not very liked by LLM although the team and the kids loved me. I bailed after seven years service and dedication to those kids.

Pros

Be yourself

Cons

too many double shifts

Related workplace

Easy company to work for. Most days can be fun and rewarding. You are given clients that are suitable for your skills and experience. Clients are great fun and very easy to get along with.

Pros

Work your own hours

Cons

Low wages

Worst job I’ve ever had

This place is the most toxic work environment I’ve ever experienced. Management is terrible and completely incompetent. They only care about themselves. They run the company like a money making machine. I would never work here ever again.

Home away from home

The team in the residential accommodation is wonderful and the management has the welfare of workers at heart because they approach issues or challenges at work with human feelings. Working here makes me feel at home and that I am with my family.