Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Life Without Barriers Employee Review

17 December 2012
Each client has their own abilities, skills and attitude, so my job was to work with those attributes to firstly identify, then help them to achieve their goals. Some clients were very self-sufficient, others needed domestic assistance and some required more "personal" assistance.Serving people with disabilities is a very humbling, rewarding and empowering experience, which is difficult to describe to people who have not worked in the industry. This job taught me new levels of teamwork and leadership. Aspects of the work were, initially, challenging or even confronting for me at times but in overcoming those challenges, my appreciation for my blessings has increased exponentially!I found management very supportive. I particularly appreciated the regular training that was provided.It was great to work with people from such diverse backgrounds and perspectives but a common purpose.The hardest part of the job was overcoming my aversion to cleaning up other people's bodily secretions.The most enjoyable part of my work was being surrounded by people with a truly positive attitude in the face of profound challenges, helping clients experience and enjoy life to the maximum of their capacity, and helping people in the community to overcome their phobias and misconceptions about people with disabilities.
Pros
being surrounded by people with a positive attitude, both clients and colleagues. regular outings to top shelf entertainment.
Cons
the pay!
11 April 2021
Same role
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) - 2-4 healey street craigieburn VIC 3064
The team in the residential accommodation is wonderful and the management has the welfare of workers at heart because they approach issues or challenges at work with human feelings. Working here makes me feel at home and that I am with my family.
8 March 2021
Same role
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
Learned alot about all types of disabilities, team meetings weeklyDiversity in the workplace Always offered extra hoursWorking with different cultures Ability to converse with family members
Pros
Learning
Cons
Nil
27 October 2019
Same location
Administration Officer (Current Employee) - Newcastle NSW
They support Clients in learning to do everyday task. They support the Clients in Community and in their own homes to learn the skill that we take for granted.
Pros
Great Support Staff
Cons
Long shifts
  1. Working for Life Without Barriers was a privilege! Helping Young People, and People with Disabilities was both challenging and personally rewarding.