Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Life Without Barriers reviews

Life Without Barriers

Life Without Barriers Employee Review

Wow... I never would have thought it possible

I was a DSW employee for almost 3 years , what started off with promise soon turned into what I can only call unfair, bias, bullying and abusive environment to work in, not only for some staff... (Depending on who you were and how well you got along with management), but for clients also which is absolutely terrible and considering the business is supposed to be there for the client, it's just not on. I am unable to continue as this site says I can't write what I really need to write. In short, don't work there , it's a bad place with a bad work culture, when you see what you shouldn't and take it higher, they really don't care. You become a liability You don't matter the client don't matter, only management matters and they need to be looked into seriously.

Pros

There are some clients there that make everything worth it.

Cons

I've explained the cons, there are many 😊

Same role

LWB is a good company but it has multiple mangers that have no empathy, respect or appreciation especially when you made a mistake

LWB is a great company but has many bad managers . We are being made to sweep and mop commercial centres for same rate of pay. We are being made to clean busses, scrub toilets and yet still do our normal duties as DSW.

Cannot recommend to anybody

Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants. Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants. Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management. Very difficult to give any stars!
Same role

They made it as just work no fun for clients which made it sometimes really hard for staff

Worked in several houses with hi needs clients, without a great deal of support from the office. It's just what you know that make the day run smooth. Even to get in contact for a client that needed a PRN was difficult