Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews in Alice Springs NT

Encouraging and assisting clients with various Disabilities to become more independent by working towards their goals. This experience taught me the true meaning of patience and that consistency is key when helping them work towards achievements. I had worked along side Staff from diverse Religious and Cultural backgrounds with little or no experience in the caring field. Alice Springs being such a remote town, it was hard retain Staff for periods longer then 2 years.This made our jobs a lot harder as our clients weren't able to have that consistent care but we continued to do our best and were acknowledged constantly for our efforts and given a lot of work study options to better support skills. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to watch our clients go from start to finish when achieving their goals. Regardless of how long it took them to achieve these, the smiles of achievement were well worth the push and wait. One of the most rewarding jobs I've had and am truly blessed to have been a part of it.
I used to collect clients from school. Enjoyed driving around the maxi van. Then we got home and completed homework and played games Then we cooked dinner together or sometimes my clients watched TV or played outside. Then we would have showers and socialise while I cook. Then have dinner and tuck girls in for bed.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
na