Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews in Cairns QLD

Support staff and coordinators are awesome and value and uphold LWB beliefs. Operation and Regional management however leave a lot to be desired. One particular OM has been reported for bullying many times,yet she still remains in the position. Poor decisions by HR and senior management of you ask me.
Pros
Great training, good pay
Cons
Management are bullies
LWB, has some great aspects but the lack of support for their staff is really disappointing. The management has no interest in the safety of their staff and no understanding of the psychological affects their management style has on their staff. They let good staff go rather than fix their management culture.
Management are Very poor to act on bullying. LWB could not retain good staff as manager don't have good communication skills. They have big heads don't care attitude.
Life Without Barriers is not such a good place to work now that the management is being run people who lack people skills. It has the potential to be good again once the current Cairns office management is replaced by people who know what they are doing.
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
you have up and downs in any jobs. but it can be a rewarding challenge by helping the community by volunteering your time with young people.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
Lots of cultural activities, training, good people, helping clients with disability is a rewarding experience, never a dull moment.
Pros
free lunch at training
Cons
n/a
Working autonomously to provide highest level of care and support for clients and carers alike. The support is amazing and everyone is very understanding and helpful I enjoy working by myself, but every no and again we would have a giant team meeting and it was good to see all the other faces of fellow support workers and management This job doesn't really hard parts, but I suppose time management is the only thing you really have to keep in mind while working
Pros
Work autonamously
Cons
Never get to hang out with other support workers much