Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Growing facilities, dedicated staff, can be a lack of stability at management level. Complex behaviours can be stressfull. Great learning experience.
LWB management in their offices placed a blanket ban on NDIS support workers familiar to clients from supporting them after covid restrictions lifted. They are making up their own rules and only want internal staff, even casuals. It's all about saving money, not person centred care.
No work life balance. Staff are not respected very toxic. management in asylum seekers program don’t value the staff it’s all about pleasing immigration department. Some other programs are great as managers are great. Good organisations but you have to be in the right team.
This organisation is all about making money, the management is racist and very incompetent. I worked with them on Nauru and all they were worried about was keeping the government happy and couldn't care less about the refugees. The management is extremely incompetent.
Really enjoyed my placement here, learnt a lot and had a supportive team around me. I was able to develop and grow skills to become a case manager in the future.
I worked at LWB for 2 1/2 years and overall was pleased with the organisation. I was able to pursue professional and personal goals at my time with LWB and would be happy to work there again.
everyday was different at my job due to always working with different client, a typical day was meeting the clients needs. it was a fun rewarding job.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
better management
Whilst working at LWB i did a range of jobs ranging from setting up a house for Disabled clients. Buying Furniture, bedding, Kitchenware and Household items.
Pros
giving clients independence and choices.
Cons
difficult behaviours from clients at times.