Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews in Newcastle NSW

They support Clients in learning to do everyday task. They support the Clients in Community and in their own homes to learn the skill that we take for granted.
Pros
Great Support Staff
Cons
Long shifts
No management, no structure, no anything!! Great social environment, why pay people fortnightly and then spend two weeks fixing the mistakes? It’s not right!!!
Pros
People
Cons
Work
a typical day at work can be full on. You work with amazing support workers as co workers. you learn as you go and learn with each client you support. everyday there is a new learning experience.
Pros
great clients
Cons
no advancement
Great place to work, very client focused, the organisation has great values. Management were very approachable, great colleagues, hardest part, never enough time in each day and the most enjoyable was working with the clients.
Great not for profit organization doing great things for the Australian community. Fantastic IT Service Delivery Department who are proactive.
As a volunteer I found all the management and staff personnel very helpful and nothing was left unclear to me as to what I needed to do. I spent the day helping and guiding the participants in what they were doing for their day program. I assisted staff with taking participants on public transport into the city for lunch and by private bus to the lake so that they could participate in sailing activities. I leaned that every participant was an individual requiring different forms of involvement in the community. To see these people enjoying their involvement in there various activities made me feel that I had achieved and contributed to their well-being. My co-workers were all helpful and knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that I had. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see on the faces of participants the reactions they were getting from personal interaction with the community.
Pros
To be trusted by these individals
Cons
I found there to be none
Overall a good place to work. Helpful to all their staff. As a carer it is long days. and not working in and office with others.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Each client has their own abilities, skills and attitude, so my job was to work with those attributes to firstly identify, then help them to achieve their goals. Some clients were very self-sufficient, others needed domestic assistance and some required more "personal" assistance.Serving people with disabilities is a very humbling, rewarding and empowering experience, which is difficult to describe to people who have not worked in the industry. This job taught me new levels of teamwork and leadership. Aspects of the work were, initially, challenging or even confronting for me at times but in overcoming those challenges, my appreciation for my blessings has increased exponentially!I found management very supportive. I particularly appreciated the regular training that was provided.It was great to work with people from such diverse backgrounds and perspectives but a common purpose.The hardest part of the job was overcoming my aversion to cleaning up other people's bodily secretions.The most enjoyable part of my work was being surrounded by people with a truly positive attitude in the face of profound challenges, helping clients experience and enjoy life to the maximum of their capacity, and helping people in the community to overcome their phobias and misconceptions about people with disabilities.
Pros
being surrounded by people with a positive attitude, both clients and colleagues. regular outings to top shelf entertainment.
Cons
the pay!
Emails, emails and emails. Everyone gathers around for a social lunch which is nice to be part of a great team environment. Schedules are often hectic, diaries are complex but at the end of the day we are doing something for the community and people in need.