Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

the pay office thinks they are the main focal of this community service establishment!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sleep overs
Enjoyable and relaxed workplace. Team meetings include free food and effort put in. Collaborative and friendly. Less stressful than other placed I have worked.
Over the three day placement, I encountered a lot of new but interesting obstacles. My typical workday consisted of working alongside people in an office with many busy and important people. The hardest part of my placement was getting used to working in an office environment, but this also came with many advantages, through getting a firsthand experience of what office places are like. I developed many new skills including, communication, patience, teamwork and administration.
Shocking office culture. Management are hypercrits and lack both skills and empathy. Many years of my life that I can't get back. Don't make the same mistake I did. RUN !!
Pros
Car
Cons
Management, hours, bullying. Good work could be done but an evil narcisstic game playing manager
This is a very demanding job , can be fun but depends on the day and who you are looking after. Some clients are very demanding and can have very challenging behaviors, meaning they can get physically aggressive. Work place is ok if people work in a team. lots of different staff come through.Most in it for the money. Hard part is very physical and no support from other staff, best part is when you have a very happy client.
Pros
Good clients and good pay
Cons
long hours, short staffed and aggressive clients
Unethical work practice. Management are not skilled or qualified enough for their roles, very incompetent. Workplace operates as though a call centre, bottom line is more important than client wellbeing.
Most mid- and senior-level managers in their NSW branch of the refugee program are incompetent and do not have the technical knowledge of programs they run, they lack people skills needed to manage staff, address their needs or accord respect, they instead resort to micromanagement and making petty and demeaning rules.
I used to work with physical and intellectual disabled people in different disability settings in Sydney, Australia. I helped disabled children, youth and adults with managing Activities of daily living such as getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting, with personal care needs and with respite care. Management was very good and friendly and always helpful. I enjoyed to spend time with disabled people.
Pros
Client transport allowance
Cons
No fixed hours