Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews for Caregiver

hard role but i was supported there was which ever training that i needed the management is very supportive of their staff everyday was different the youth were always a challenge
Being a Foster Carer is working from home and caring for the child. The company in general were always there for you if you need them. Very big on culture and you had to complete 3 courses per year to continue being a Carer. I guess the hardest part of the job was making the child feel welcome and comfortable in your home. The children obviously had been removed from danger. So they would be scared. The most enjoyable part of the job was making them happy and being loved.
Pros
They always looked after the Carers when in training
Cons
Always long hours
in my 3.5 years I saw 7 different managers come and go due to the work load. The children were challenging to work with, but that is why I loved the role, no two days were the same. The paperwork was easy to grasp and I implemented routine and planners, risk assessments.
I initially started out as a Foster Carer with LWB and have been lucky enough to have adopted my 2 beautiful children through this system. I don't look at this as a form of employment, more of an ability to be able to help those in need.
Pros
Meeting amazing people
Cons
Lifetime Commitment
Overall a good place to work. Helpful to all their staff. As a carer it is long days. and not working in and office with others.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours