Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews for DSW

LWB is a great company but has many bad managers . We are being made to sweep and mop commercial centres for same rate of pay. We are being made to clean busses, scrub toilets and yet still do our normal duties as DSW.
Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants. Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants. Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management. Very difficult to give any stars!
Worked in several houses with hi needs clients, without a great deal of support from the office. It's just what you know that make the day run smooth. Even to get in contact for a client that needed a PRN was difficult
I was a DSW employee for almost 3 years , what started off with promise soon turned into what I can only call unfair, bias, bullying and abusive environment to work in, not only for some staff... (Depending on who you were and how well you got along with management), but for clients also which is absolutely terrible and considering the business is supposed to be there for the client, it's just not on. I am unable to continue as this site says I can't write what I really need to write. In short, don't work there , it's a bad place with a bad work culture, when you see what you shouldn't and take it higher, they really don't care. You become a liability You don't matter the client don't matter, only management matters and they need to be looked into seriously.
Pros
There are some clients there that make everything worth it.
Cons
I've explained the cons, there are many 😊
Have been with the company nearly 8 years. Was good to start with. Pay per hour good and weekend rates good. Sleepover rate needs to be better and they dont like paying if you are disturbed during night for awake time. Management needs improvement. Lack of communication between management and carers. Almost no praise but will give you a going over for minute things. Can't trust some co workers reporting on everything you say. Working with clients can be very rewarding and enjoyable most times. The only reason you would stay. Hours are unreliable.
Pros
Helping clients achieve a great life
Cons
Managements attitude