Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Pay & Benefits reviews: Disability Support Worker

As usual, staff and clients excellent. Management on the other hand, it's like you don't even exist. And this comment comes from the clients as well. I looked after a client who's needs had changed but he could never ever get the supervisor to return his calls. He is going elsewhere when his contract expires. My salary was incorrect from day one as I was made to perform duties outside my contract. It took another 9 months before they sorted it out. I was promised work that never happened. Take my advice and simply look elsewhere. Even if you are a client.
Pros
Other staff and clients
Cons
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements. Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits. I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues. would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons