Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews for Support Worker

admin were supportive and understanding. awesome place to work.there was plenty of training and support provided, the staff are friendly and helpful.
One of the best companies have work with. Started in Townsville and transferred to Darwin. Worked there for 5 years and its one of the best. PROUD TO BE A LWB FAMILY!!
It was my first job as a Community Worker and I still consider one of the bests I have ever had. Management used to listen the workers and consider our opinion to take a decision. Manager was very efficient keeping the harmony and cooperation among workers, provide us constant training and be there for us as individuals when we needed it. Best part of the work was a a very integrated and reliable team. Hardest part of the job was supporting youth during their critical crises moments including suicidal attempting.
Good company to work for a lot of cultural acceptance and can listen to your needs and help you to do your work the best you can as well as a positive work environment!
Cons
it's been 3 months and I am loving it. full help and assistance from the coordinators. Though sometimes you feel more training could be provided. coordinators listen to your issues and try to solve it asap
Well managed, good place to work, the staff are ready to put you through if you are new, they have lots of training that will help you. Work and life balance is very ok.
I would not recommend working for this company at all on the central coast. What I went through was bullying from one particular management. I’m happy to be out of there. I’ve been in the industry for 15 years and was shocked at how they treat the staff and some clients. You are doing this job because you care, if your not in it for this alone get out of the industry!! These clients deserve 100% quality of care. But saying this. I was lucky enough at the end to work for a lovely part and thankful they never listen to the first manager!!
I worked for 2 group homes. The first one the induction was...well, I could even call it an Induction. To be honest I don’t know what it was. I didn’t enjoy working there at all. One of the participants was physically aggressive and I got hit a few times. The second group home was better. Co-workers were good. However the job gets very repetitive, it gets boring and nobody teaches you anything that can be beneficial for the participants and you.
Worked with a great team & team manager, manager was involved in client care and very supportive of her staff Travel with another team member Fortnightly care team meetings Client focused
Was nice working with them . Had a good team members and amazing facilities to enable us work well. looked after the workers and the residents . Made sure there was no form of bulling or negligence to duties, always clean and tidy and keep to the core, the ethics and standards of the company.
typical day was taking clients out for lunch or help them do their shopping,I learned to be more understanding of peoples disabilities and how i could help.The management were good,work place culture good,the most enjoyable part was making new friends.
I enjoy my work with LWB the work can be very rewarding the company has a very high staff turnover and are lacking in staff numbers resulting in current staff often over work
Support staff and coordinators are awesome and value and uphold LWB beliefs. Operation and Regional management however leave a lot to be desired. One particular OM has been reported for bullying many times,yet she still remains in the position. Poor decisions by HR and senior management of you ask me.
Pros
Great training, good pay
Cons
Management are bullies
Management in Darwin are very amateurish, unprofessional and fail to follow their own policies and procedures. They constantly cut corners, and this affects client care. So much so, that if compliance were to pay a visit, heads would roll. So much is covered up and easily so, as management look after each other. Management have one set of rules and the rest of staff have another. If you dare to question the hierarchy, you are punished in some form or other. Ask management a question and you are not answered. Staff are afraid to speak up, for fear of retribution. There is no formal induction other than receiving a wad of paper work, and a pen at a table and told to read through it alone and answer any questions. Being shadowed on your first day of work depends on if there is available staff. Quite often you are sent out alone on your first day. There is no training, team building or support. Rosters are often sent out day by day instead of a fortnight in advance, and always have errors. Wages are always mucked about. Clients and staff constanly complain about no one answering phones. Clients complain about being wrongly invoiced, but do not want to fill out a feed back form for fear of having their services stopped. Management have taken all of the joy out of a caring role that should be very rewarding. Staff work very hard but are never rewarded and hardly acknowleged. This is part of the resson why staff are leaving in droves.
Pros
Caring for clients
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Really enjoyed my placement here, learnt a lot and had a supportive team around me. I was able to develop and grow skills to become a case manager in the future.
Good if you speak the clients language !! lol nice and relaxed most of the time with some challenging activities . But that is life! Working with the other staff was an enjoyable experience.
Cons
clients behaviour
The most part I enjoy about this position is working with young people to help support them for their future. Due to my work I am unable to provide Information due being Confidential Information.
I am a very respectful and motivated person who enjoys working with people of any ethnic backgrounds. I am reliable and very organised person I am single and I am willing to drive to work. I have my CA car licence and my own vehicle. I am a healthy person and I like to keep active and I also enjoy meeting people and learning new information.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Don't like negative people
I love working with LWB, everyday it feels special knowing you are giving someone that basic care that people take for granted. I learned to be patient, calm and enjoy life. Thought its a care role, I worked on my own and I am responsible for the day to day program for my clients that's from food budget, personal hygiene and community programs or outings. Management easy to approach and friendly which makes my work enjoyable. team work great, everyone knows everybody and we all get well together. the hardest part of the job for me is to say goodbye, I have built good relationship with our client's families, workmates and the clients themselves but I need to pursue my professional goal and my passion. Most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on someone's face and that personal knowing that someone is there for them and cares.
A day at palmgrove was great we had some really good teams.I leant alot from palmgrove.Was while i was working at palmgrove as a helthcare worker i decied i wanted to be a nurse. When i worked there the managment was lovly very caring towards staff and Patients. All staff worked as a team to provied the best care to our ability. hardest part was when the patients pass away.I most enjoyable part of working at palmgrove was you made some great friends it was a lovly place to be.
Pros
helping people who need it
Cons
when they pass away
A typical day would start by picking clients up from their home and bringing them to the program. WE would then have morning tea and then prepare for the days activities whether we were going out into community or stay at the centre. we would break for lunch at the centre or eat out somewhere before undertaking afternoon activities. The clients then would be driven home to their homes and i would return to the program and do some cleaning and paperwork.
Pros
lots of fun activities to do
Cons
challenging and violent behaviours