Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Work–Life Balance

great and supportive admin

admin were supportive and understanding. awesome place to work.there was plenty of training and support provided, the staff are friendly and helpful.

Great Company

Great company to work for very supportive of staff. Ongoing training and room for improvements. Learnt lots of new skill about coordination and how to look after staff. Hardest part of the job was stress. I enjoyed ever aspect of the job

Pros

working with a great team

Cons

Good organisation to work for.

Excellent environment to work and good management support. Good team efforts in delivering service to the clients. Overall, probably one of the best job that I ever did.

Pros

Both staff and clients were excellent to work with.

Cons

Shift works

This job was rewarding and Challenging working with clients with a wide ranges of disabilities.

A Typical day is arriving at the office and talk to the Managers and plan the day. Drive the bus to pick up clients from all over Perth. take the clients to the office. Then pick up for the day. if we go to a picnic in the part we prepare a picnic basket with the clients. We went to a variety of places all around Perth. then we would bring the clients back to the office and unpack and do the washing up. Then drop the clients off at their homes. Then drop the buss of back at the office, and do the paper work, and then leave. I loved the Management and the other workers. the only down side was the traveling and traffic. The most enjoyable side was seeing the clients enjoying the activities.

Pros

Going out in the community and encouraging the clients to be a part of society.

Cons

I loved the job, but the funding changed and the program was closed down.

full time placement with full roster

Westmead house is a great place to work our team has been together for 12months, clients are warm and friendly.

Pros

great team

Cons

sleepovers

Support Worker

I am looking for work as a Disability Support Worker in the Busselton or Bunbury region W.A,

Look forward each day to keep a light heart with laughter and fun, as much we could of.

It was enjoyable working as part of a great team to deliver a high standard of supported care to our wonderful clients. Our work was what we made it each and every day, with a positive outlook we had as much fun as we possibly could without it effecting our daily work routine, We did activities, tell jokes, go for a walk, with time and weather permitting.I learn t to adapt to a whole new group of workers and clientele, it was fun and exciting for most of us, as it was a new company that had just opened in the Local area.

Pros

taking clients on outings/staff enjoy outing too, most of the time.

Cons

called to work on days off.

A wide range of jobs to do in LWB

Whilst working at LWB i did a range of jobs ranging from setting up a house for Disabled clients. Buying Furniture, bedding, Kitchenware and Household items.

Pros

giving clients independence and choices.

Cons

difficult behaviours from clients at times.

Jobs at Life Without Barriers