Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews for Youth Worker

Due to government changes filtering through the industry front line workers are required to be more personally accountable, operate within stricter company guidelines (some of which are unreasonable), and work in more dangerous situations with less support.. all while receiving less compensation for their work.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
High stress, minimal support
Would not recommend working for Life Without Barriers. Management lie and never supportive of the staff doing the work. The culture at LWB is very much if you kiss butt you will move up the ladder without prior knowledge of the type of work being done. Only some staff do the work while others sit and do nothing. They never pay out correct pay once you leave either. DO NOT WORK THERE...PROTECT YOURSELF
LWB, has some great aspects but the lack of support for their staff is really disappointing. The management has no interest in the safety of their staff and no understanding of the psychological affects their management style has on their staff. They let good staff go rather than fix their management culture.
This organisation is all about making money, the management is racist and very incompetent. I worked with them on Nauru and all they were worried about was keeping the government happy and couldn't care less about the refugees. The management is extremely incompetent.
Never report to community services or management will put you on split shifts sleep overs and even change your reports. Discredit the worker who puts kids before there profit and show you the door! Contracts for friends and family and money under the table!
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Office staff on power trips
I enjoyed my time with LWB and worked with clients with complex behavioural issues and found the company management and workers to be very supportive. A typical day is Arrive for work and changeover information with staff members.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
extra training not allway available
My lack of training since commencement of employment is disappointing. I would like to up my skills frequently. Very good salary and benefits of salary sacrifice. Team environment can be a struggle at times, but also good support within the role. Empowering youth to make safe decisions about their life is the best part of this job.
Pros
Sallary Sacrifice
Cons
Lack of training
the pay office thinks they are the main focal of this community service establishment!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sleep overs
I work with foster children. I transport them from place to place, I take them out and do activities with them. etc
This job was very demanding but in return I received such a positive praise. I Put all my time and energy into giving a young person a chance of life and words will never be able to describe the feeling I received once I had achieved my goal. good team building experience. Very professional role
I was shocked and surprised by the lack of care given to clients and staff on behalf of the company-money always came first, sad place to work. Safety was often overlooked as well as abuse of clients rights and mishandling of their funds. Staff training and support were lacking drastically and there was a culture of turn a blind eye going on. I hope it has improved alot since I left. I do believe there were a handful of good people trying to improve things but I feel that they were not given the support levels they needed also.
Pros
Some lovely clients and staff who were really trying to change things for the better
Cons
Lack of safety procedures and policies and procedures being followed and/or implemented