Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Job Security & Advancement reviews

A fun and exciting career. Meeting lots of new clients and making friends is a bonus. A very rewarding career. Every day is different and lots of fun.
Very stressful workplace! Management don't address important issues, there is no respect for staff's experience in the field, no encouragement for staff to take the initiative, no praise in a people oriented industry,it's basically just do what you're told and don't ask questions!!
One of the best companies have work with. Started in Townsville and transferred to Darwin. Worked there for 5 years and its one of the best. PROUD TO BE A LWB FAMILY!!
Extremely difficult to work for, do not recommend this "NFP / NDIS" company, lots of on site problems and multiple management errors. I do not have anything positive to add about this company.
Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants. Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants. Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management. Very difficult to give any stars!
Good company to work for a lot of cultural acceptance and can listen to your needs and help you to do your work the best you can as well as a positive work environment!
Cons
- Great supportive company to work for - Challenging work - Good clients with supportive family - Flexible hours - A lot of work available if prepared to travel
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some staff can be negative
Horrible company to work for . For example, at the beginning they make you do a computer training in which you see examples of things that happen during the Care Sessions. They tell you some 10 times that even if you believe or know that your Manager won't like it, you have to report all significant incidents. That's what I did and my Manager didn't like it so she made my life very difficult until I left.
Well managed, good place to work, the staff are ready to put you through if you are new, they have lots of training that will help you. Work and life balance is very ok.
Growing facilities, dedicated staff, can be a lack of stability at management level. Complex behaviours can be stressfull. Great learning experience.
Good to work , good values , easy to learn. Flexible working arrangements and sometimes choice of location. Well supported through training. More can be done with more targeted training.
As permanent staff, my roster was changed all the time when I was told it would not. Team leaders are friends with staff and those staff get what they want over others. Managers are all over the place and you never know who you’re meant to be reporting to.
Cons
Work life balance has been terrible due to multiple roster changes
As usual, staff and clients excellent. Management on the other hand, it's like you don't even exist. And this comment comes from the clients as well. I looked after a client who's needs had changed but he could never ever get the supervisor to return his calls. He is going elsewhere when his contract expires. My salary was incorrect from day one as I was made to perform duties outside my contract. It took another 9 months before they sorted it out. I was promised work that never happened. Take my advice and simply look elsewhere. Even if you are a client.
Pros
Other staff and clients
Cons
I have only been with this company for a very short period. An excellent organisation and love to stay with the organisation if possible, particularly if an opportunity arose in Melbourne due to family reasons.
Pros
induction at starting new post
Cons
I cannot identify one
Really enjoyed my placement here, learnt a lot and had a supportive team around me. I was able to develop and grow skills to become a case manager in the future.
Have been with the company nearly 8 years. Was good to start with. Pay per hour good and weekend rates good. Sleepover rate needs to be better and they dont like paying if you are disturbed during night for awake time. Management needs improvement. Lack of communication between management and carers. Almost no praise but will give you a going over for minute things. Can't trust some co workers reporting on everything you say. Working with clients can be very rewarding and enjoyable most times. The only reason you would stay. Hours are unreliable.
Pros
Helping clients achieve a great life
Cons
Managements attitude
Life Without Barriers is not such a good place to work now that the management is being run people who lack people skills. It has the potential to be good again once the current Cairns office management is replaced by people who know what they are doing.
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements. Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits. I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues. would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
friendly working environment, diverse workplace culture, close to public transport, gained practical experience in accounting, but the management is not really professional
Great support from the admin team. We all worked well together, along with the Coordinators and Program Managers. The variety in the position was great. Learnt many things.
Pros
The office was in the shopping district.
Cons
I worked at LWB for 2 1/2 years and overall was pleased with the organisation. I was able to pursue professional and personal goals at my time with LWB and would be happy to work there again.