Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Pay & Benefits reviews

Due to government changes filtering through the industry front line workers are required to be more personally accountable, operate within stricter company guidelines (some of which are unreasonable), and work in more dangerous situations with less support.. all while receiving less compensation for their work.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
High stress, minimal support
Very stressful workplace! Management don't address important issues, there is no respect for staff's experience in the field, no encouragement for staff to take the initiative, no praise in a people oriented industry,it's basically just do what you're told and don't ask questions!!
Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants. Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants. Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management. Very difficult to give any stars!
great staff, dedicated front line workers, hard working people. Unrealistic expectations from senior management, little to no support from senior exec managers, different rules for friends and relatives
Pros
salary, front line staff genuinely care about clients
Cons
Unsafe workplace, poor culture
This is a very demanding job , can be fun but depends on the day and who you are looking after. Some clients are very demanding and can have very challenging behaviors, meaning they can get physically aggressive. Work place is ok if people work in a team. lots of different staff come through.Most in it for the money. Hard part is very physical and no support from other staff, best part is when you have a very happy client.
Pros
Good clients and good pay
Cons
long hours, short staffed and aggressive clients
As usual, staff and clients excellent. Management on the other hand, it's like you don't even exist. And this comment comes from the clients as well. I looked after a client who's needs had changed but he could never ever get the supervisor to return his calls. He is going elsewhere when his contract expires. My salary was incorrect from day one as I was made to perform duties outside my contract. It took another 9 months before they sorted it out. I was promised work that never happened. Take my advice and simply look elsewhere. Even if you are a client.
Pros
Other staff and clients
Cons
Major changes trying to work through changes and restructure. GM are not aligned with org purpose. we were told how lucky we were the CEO used her valuable time to explain the strategic plan. too many people of self importance instead of what the organisation is funded to do.
Pros
salary
Cons
No continuity
Have been with the company nearly 8 years. Was good to start with. Pay per hour good and weekend rates good. Sleepover rate needs to be better and they dont like paying if you are disturbed during night for awake time. Management needs improvement. Lack of communication between management and carers. Almost no praise but will give you a going over for minute things. Can't trust some co workers reporting on everything you say. Working with clients can be very rewarding and enjoyable most times. The only reason you would stay. Hours are unreliable.
Pros
Helping clients achieve a great life
Cons
Managements attitude
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements. Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits. I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues. would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
My lack of training since commencement of employment is disappointing. I would like to up my skills frequently. Very good salary and benefits of salary sacrifice. Team environment can be a struggle at times, but also good support within the role. Empowering youth to make safe decisions about their life is the best part of this job.
Pros
Sallary Sacrifice
Cons
Lack of training
in my management role my typical day was never ending, i was constantly oncall at any time. i would prepare and implement plans, manage fiances and center link benefits. I would also have to deal with some difficult family members.
Overall a good place to work. Helpful to all their staff. As a carer it is long days. and not working in and office with others.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
This job was very demanding but in return I received such a positive praise. I Put all my time and energy into giving a young person a chance of life and words will never be able to describe the feeling I received once I had achieved my goal. good team building experience. Very professional role