Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

Easy company to work for. Most days can be fun and rewarding. You are given clients that are suitable for your skills and experience. Clients are great fun and very easy to get along with.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Low wages
My work days are never the same and often unfold differently of how I planned it. I have learned to be flexible, being adaptable and act on what ever needs to be attended to, juggling many priorities and meeting several deadlines. For sure no day is the same but at the same time that's what I like in my job.
Pros
not borring
Lots of cultural activities, training, good people, helping clients with disability is a rewarding experience, never a dull moment.
Pros
free lunch at training
Cons
n/a
a typical day at work can be full on. You work with amazing support workers as co workers. you learn as you go and learn with each client you support. everyday there is a new learning experience.
Pros
great clients
Cons
no advancement
Encouraging and assisting clients with various Disabilities to become more independent by working towards their goals. This experience taught me the true meaning of patience and that consistency is key when helping them work towards achievements. I had worked along side Staff from diverse Religious and Cultural backgrounds with little or no experience in the caring field. Alice Springs being such a remote town, it was hard retain Staff for periods longer then 2 years.This made our jobs a lot harder as our clients weren't able to have that consistent care but we continued to do our best and were acknowledged constantly for our efforts and given a lot of work study options to better support skills. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to watch our clients go from start to finish when achieving their goals. Regardless of how long it took them to achieve these, the smiles of achievement were well worth the push and wait. One of the most rewarding jobs I've had and am truly blessed to have been a part of it.
Great place to work, very client focused, the organisation has great values. Management were very approachable, great colleagues, hardest part, never enough time in each day and the most enjoyable was working with the clients.
I have needed to be able to be flexible, but at the same time be able to complete the days tasks. I have learnt a lot in my current position and am keen to continue with my professional development
Supportive, friendly workplace. The absolutely best place that I have worked at! Management were very supportive and approachable.
My typical day at work is very enjoyable .I love putting smiles on the clients and co-workers.Very friendly atmospehere .Ive learnt a lot from there from how to deal with challenging behaviours to social role valorisation.social intregation.We go out on social outings for lunch,afternoon tea,bowling and do many things like art craft in day centre.
Working autonomously to provide highest level of care and support for clients and carers alike. The support is amazing and everyone is very understanding and helpful I enjoy working by myself, but every no and again we would have a giant team meeting and it was good to see all the other faces of fellow support workers and management This job doesn't really hard parts, but I suppose time management is the only thing you really have to keep in mind while working
Pros
Work autonamously
Cons
Never get to hang out with other support workers much
I love working with LWB, everyday it feels special knowing you are giving someone that basic care that people take for granted. I learned to be patient, calm and enjoy life. Thought its a care role, I worked on my own and I am responsible for the day to day program for my clients that's from food budget, personal hygiene and community programs or outings. Management easy to approach and friendly which makes my work enjoyable. team work great, everyone knows everybody and we all get well together. the hardest part of the job for me is to say goodbye, I have built good relationship with our client's families, workmates and the clients themselves but I need to pursue my professional goal and my passion. Most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on someone's face and that personal knowing that someone is there for them and cares.
My lack of training since commencement of employment is disappointing. I would like to up my skills frequently. Very good salary and benefits of salary sacrifice. Team environment can be a struggle at times, but also good support within the role. Empowering youth to make safe decisions about their life is the best part of this job.
Pros
Sallary Sacrifice
Cons
Lack of training
Great place to work and learn however this was a short term contract and there were many learnings that I had. I really enjoyed this job.
in my 3.5 years I saw 7 different managers come and go due to the work load. The children were challenging to work with, but that is why I loved the role, no two days were the same. The paperwork was easy to grasp and I implemented routine and planners, risk assessments.
I work with 15-21 year olds that have previously been in care of the state or about to leave care. Our service has only been going for 6 months and is necessary for these young people as they previously had no support when they left care We support these young people (with or without disabilities) who may be struggling finding housing, employment, education or may have health issues etc. We help them with life skills such as budgeting, savings, cooking cleaning, public transport etc. We provide them with funding to purchase everyday needs such as groceries, phone cards/credit, fuel cards, clothing etc. We also provide them or link them in with services that can support them to obtain white goods, furniture, driving lessons or cars. I have been covering the Ipswich area on my own and have just had to put on youth work support as the need for our service has increased significantly. I truly love my job as I love helping these young people succeed and giving them the opportunities or breaks that they need in life. These young people have had extremely hard up bringing's and to see them with confidence and be willing to change there lives is very rewarding. We have a great team environment which I love and I truly appreciate my co workers and the efforts they put into our job as it is long hours and challenging but the end results are very rewarding.
Pros
Seeing the results that young people are able to acheive with our support
Cons
Young people that do not want to run with the opportunies that are offered to them.
A day at palmgrove was great we had some really good teams.I leant alot from palmgrove.Was while i was working at palmgrove as a helthcare worker i decied i wanted to be a nurse. When i worked there the managment was lovly very caring towards staff and Patients. All staff worked as a team to provied the best care to our ability. hardest part was when the patients pass away.I most enjoyable part of working at palmgrove was you made some great friends it was a lovly place to be.
Pros
helping people who need it
Cons
when they pass away
A typical day would start by picking clients up from their home and bringing them to the program. WE would then have morning tea and then prepare for the days activities whether we were going out into community or stay at the centre. we would break for lunch at the centre or eat out somewhere before undertaking afternoon activities. The clients then would be driven home to their homes and i would return to the program and do some cleaning and paperwork.
Pros
lots of fun activities to do
Cons
challenging and violent behaviours
A day at work is is always a new experience as when you work with community members there are always new challenges and lessons learnt. A day is mainly spent between the desk, visiting/meeting with stakeholders, undertaking training/ workshops and other team building activities. The organization is keen on being supportive to employees and develop itself as a market leader in the sector. There are continuous surveys that are conducted to inform them of the operational and other areas in the running of affairs and this has been helping in achieving a people centered approach in management. People are an important asset to the organization and the way they are treated not only defines the ethos of the organization but defines its destiny. Teamwork is a great part of of achieving KPI's and as a team we are able to focus on developing these relationships by doing little things like team coffees, sharing cultural delights and just taking a break and checking on each others well-being. Being in a policy/legislative environment that is progressively changing results in great uncertainties and when clients have to be informed that previous entitlements were no longer in the cards was always difficult. However when working with clients around their life challenges and being able to help them resolve them is one of the highlights of the job.
everyday was different at my job due to always working with different client, a typical day was meeting the clients needs. it was a fun rewarding job.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
better management
Great not for profit organization doing great things for the Australian community. Fantastic IT Service Delivery Department who are proactive.
Great company to work for very supportive of staff. Ongoing training and room for improvements. Learnt lots of new skill about coordination and how to look after staff. Hardest part of the job was stress. I enjoyed ever aspect of the job
Pros
working with a great team