Life Without Barriers logo
Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Related workplace

Easy company to work for. Most days can be fun and rewarding. You are given clients that are suitable for your skills and experience. Clients are great fun and very easy to get along with.

Pros

Work your own hours

Cons

Low wages

Great Company

Great company to work for very supportive of staff. Ongoing training and room for improvements. Learnt lots of new skill about coordination and how to look after staff. Hardest part of the job was stress. I enjoyed ever aspect of the job

Pros

working with a great team

Cons

Dynamic, Engaging and great working environment

The Team Leader position provides management, administration, direction, supervision, support and assistance on a daily basis to the following programs: Youth Bail Options Program Disability Programs/Projects, support Workers and Carers: Remote Area Support (RAS) Project, Disability House program, Out of home Disability Program, Disability Carers and Disability Respite Carers, Disability Support Workers This position has assisted me to further develop required skills to manage a small office and provide leadship to co-workers. Mangement are very supportive, structured and will to assist with any matters that need addressing. Co-workers: Structured rosters and clear communication strategy for co-workers, makes it a great work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people to achieve their goals and making a difference in peoples lives. The hards part of the job is the lack of IT support in remote areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in peoples lives. Helping them to acheive their goals.

Pros

Flexability

Cons

no overtime hours work paid

Good organisation to work for.

Excellent environment to work and good management support. Good team efforts in delivering service to the clients. Overall, probably one of the best job that I ever did.

Pros

Both staff and clients were excellent to work with.

Cons

Shift works

rewarding

in my management role my typical day was never ending, i was constantly oncall at any time. i would prepare and implement plans, manage fiances and center link benefits. I would also have to deal with some difficult family members.

The staff and participants were very nice to work with and made my time there enjoyable and rewarding.

As a volunteer I found all the management and staff personnel very helpful and nothing was left unclear to me as to what I needed to do. I spent the day helping and guiding the participants in what they were doing for their day program. I assisted staff with taking participants on public transport into the city for lunch and by private bus to the lake so that they could participate in sailing activities. I leaned that every participant was an individual requiring different forms of involvement in the community. To see these people enjoying their involvement in there various activities made me feel that I had achieved and contributed to their well-being. My co-workers were all helpful and knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that I had. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see on the faces of participants the reactions they were getting from personal interaction with the community.

Pros

To be trusted by these individals

Cons

I found there to be none

Not really a place of employment, more an additional lifestyle decision

I initially started out as a Foster Carer with LWB and have been lucky enough to have adopted my 2 beautiful children through this system. I don't look at this as a form of employment, more of an ability to be able to help those in need.

Pros

Meeting amazing people

Cons

Lifetime Commitment

This job was rewarding and Challenging working with clients with a wide ranges of disabilities.

A Typical day is arriving at the office and talk to the Managers and plan the day. Drive the bus to pick up clients from all over Perth. take the clients to the office. Then pick up for the day. if we go to a picnic in the part we prepare a picnic basket with the clients. We went to a variety of places all around Perth. then we would bring the clients back to the office and unpack and do the washing up. Then drop the clients off at their homes. Then drop the buss of back at the office, and do the paper work, and then leave. I loved the Management and the other workers. the only down side was the traveling and traffic. The most enjoyable side was seeing the clients enjoying the activities.

Pros

Going out in the community and encouraging the clients to be a part of society.

Cons

I loved the job, but the funding changed and the program was closed down.

full time placement with full roster

Westmead house is a great place to work our team has been together for 12months, clients are warm and friendly.

Pros

great team

Cons

sleepovers

Rewarding and chalenging

the pay office thinks they are the main focal of this community service establishment!

Pros

flexibility

Cons

sleep overs

Jobs at Life Without Barriers

See more jobs

Good and friendly workplace

I used to work with physical and intellectual disabled people in different disability settings in Sydney, Australia. I helped disabled children, youth and adults with managing Activities of daily living such as getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting, with personal care needs and with respite care. Management was very good and friendly and always helpful. I enjoyed to spend time with disabled people.

Pros

Client transport allowance

Cons

No fixed hours

Support Worker

I am looking for work as a Disability Support Worker in the Busselton or Bunbury region W.A,

Caring for their staff

Overall a good place to work. Helpful to all their staff. As a carer it is long days. and not working in and office with others.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours

Challening work environment

developing cultural plan for youth I learnt a lot about the aboriginal culture good management good co-workers working with young people with complex behaviours

I would not consider Life Without Barriers an employer of choice

Limited support provided Opportunities for skilled staff to succeed limited Elevation of unsuitable staff to management roles Had the pleasure of working with some highly skilled, professional staff

Pros

Nil

Cons

Poor management at most levels, punitive culture

Good people to work with.

Work load was a bit overwhelming as it was 2 jobs rolled into 1. Learnt so much in the 8 months I was there. Loved working with the people in Life Without Barriers. They were all supportive. Not being able to complete all the tasks that was required due to not enough ours in a day and week. The knowledge and the friendships I received from working there.

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Not enough hours to complete all aspects of duties

Forfilling workplace

I work with foster children. I transport them from place to place, I take them out and do activities with them. etc

amazing job

This job was very demanding but in return I received such a positive praise. I Put all my time and energy into giving a young person a chance of life and words will never be able to describe the feeling I received once I had achieved my goal. good team building experience. Very professional role

A real eye opener.

I was shocked and surprised by the lack of care given to clients and staff on behalf of the company-money always came first, sad place to work. Safety was often overlooked as well as abuse of clients rights and mishandling of their funds. Staff training and support were lacking drastically and there was a culture of turn a blind eye going on. I hope it has improved alot since I left. I do believe there were a handful of good people trying to improve things but I feel that they were not given the support levels they needed also.

Pros

Some lovely clients and staff who were really trying to change things for the better

Cons

Lack of safety procedures and policies and procedures being followed and/or implemented

People interedted in helping those in the community who have a mental health issues

Working as a volunteer I work with people who suffer from a mental health issue the aim of the group is to enable the members to be able to function in their local community. The group is basically somewhere for the members to gain the skill that are needed to live independently. Members can leave when they feel that they are able to function independently and can return should they feel that they require some support

Pros

friendly people to work with

Cons

untrained staff

Look forward each day to keep a light heart with laughter and fun, as much we could of.

It was enjoyable working as part of a great team to deliver a high standard of supported care to our wonderful clients. Our work was what we made it each and every day, with a positive outlook we had as much fun as we possibly could without it effecting our daily work routine, We did activities, tell jokes, go for a walk, with time and weather permitting.I learn t to adapt to a whole new group of workers and clientele, it was fun and exciting for most of us, as it was a new company that had just opened in the Local area.

Pros

taking clients on outings/staff enjoy outing too, most of the time.

Cons

called to work on days off.
  • Life Without Barriers