Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

A fun and exciting career. Meeting lots of new clients and making friends is a bonus. A very rewarding career. Every day is different and lots of fun.
Life without barriers was quite rewarding work, taking clients to and from day programs or helping with daily routines. A typical day at work would be understanding clients medications, routines (Morning, Noon and Night) and knowing how to engage when a client is displaying a typical/atypical behaviour. In addition to this, a lot of progress note taking and documentation. I learned lots of progress note taking and feel I have a good understanding of how to deal with challenging violent behaviours. There was not much workplace culture, lots of disconnection between employees due to singular shifts and management being very selective in their communication. The most difficult part of the job was the steep learning curve when dealing with clients. It took a lot of communication with team members out of shift and to other workers to get a good understanding of how to assist clients when they're stuck in a behaviour.
management is terrible, client safety is less important then money, bullying in and outside of work, the hole place is one big mess that id never let my own family go to, was left suicidal upon my exit.
Good to work , good values , easy to learn. Flexible working arrangements and sometimes choice of location. Well supported through training. More can be done with more targeted training.
This was a very exciting place to work for. I worked in the day programme and it was never dull. All co workers and managers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was sometimes having to work for extended periods with very complex need clients as not enough staff willing to take on these clients. I really enjoyed the challenge and the successes I had in this role.
They support Clients in learning to do everyday task. They support the Clients in Community and in their own homes to learn the skill that we take for granted.
Pros
Great Support Staff
Cons
Long shifts
I would not recommend working for this company at all on the central coast. What I went through was bullying from one particular management. I’m happy to be out of there. I’ve been in the industry for 15 years and was shocked at how they treat the staff and some clients. You are doing this job because you care, if your not in it for this alone get out of the industry!! These clients deserve 100% quality of care. But saying this. I was lucky enough at the end to work for a lovely part and thankful they never listen to the first manager!!
Shocking office culture. Management are hypercrits and lack both skills and empathy. Many years of my life that I can't get back. Don't make the same mistake I did. RUN !!
Pros
Car
Cons
Management, hours, bullying. Good work could be done but an evil narcisstic game playing manager
I enjoy working with people who are disadvantaged and to be apart of giving them a better opportunity in life. I also love the benefit of having a direct input into the sipper they require to help them succeed.
Pros
Feeling great helping others
Cons
I worked for 2 group homes. The first one the induction was...well, I could even call it an Induction. To be honest I don’t know what it was. I didn’t enjoy working there at all. One of the participants was physically aggressive and I got hit a few times. The second group home was better. Co-workers were good. However the job gets very repetitive, it gets boring and nobody teaches you anything that can be beneficial for the participants and you.
Worked with a great team & team manager, manager was involved in client care and very supportive of her staff Travel with another team member Fortnightly care team meetings Client focused
Was nice working with them . Had a good team members and amazing facilities to enable us work well. looked after the workers and the residents . Made sure there was no form of bulling or negligence to duties, always clean and tidy and keep to the core, the ethics and standards of the company.
Friendly happy lovely staff. I really enjoy my time working with LWB i have done two certification with LWB. Thank you for time and good bye see you around
A horrible place to work with a bullying culture which starts from the NSW state manager practice and quality and filters down. A nasty environment which is best avoided at all costs.
Pros
Clients
Cons
The lies and bullying culture
This is a very demanding job , can be fun but depends on the day and who you are looking after. Some clients are very demanding and can have very challenging behaviors, meaning they can get physically aggressive. Work place is ok if people work in a team. lots of different staff come through.Most in it for the money. Hard part is very physical and no support from other staff, best part is when you have a very happy client.
Pros
Good clients and good pay
Cons
long hours, short staffed and aggressive clients
No management, no structure, no anything!! Great social environment, why pay people fortnightly and then spend two weeks fixing the mistakes? It’s not right!!!
Pros
People
Cons
Work
typical day was taking clients out for lunch or help them do their shopping,I learned to be more understanding of peoples disabilities and how i could help.The management were good,work place culture good,the most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Teaching a client new things eg: ten pin bowling, table tennis, how to approach a retail sales person & small things like cooking. I was able to approach my company with ideas of how/what we could help the clients with & they would take it on board. Taking a young man with Downs Syndrome to the pool to find he could out swim me & a lot of other people (my clients are always surprising me with their efforts & their resilience). The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Pros
always something new happening
Cons
never enough time
Learnt to be patient, kind and giving. Most days where pretty ok and you really worked for the bad ones. Time management. When things where not flowing. When things when right. And everyone was happy and content.
Pros
Learning. Had fun. Enjoyed most days.
Cons
Working with bullies, co-workers mostly. Clients where great.
Unethical work practice. Management are not skilled or qualified enough for their roles, very incompetent. Workplace operates as though a call centre, bottom line is more important than client wellbeing.
Due to government changes filtering through the industry front line workers are required to be more personally accountable, operate within stricter company guidelines (some of which are unreasonable), and work in more dangerous situations with less support.. all while receiving less compensation for their work.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
High stress, minimal support