Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

A fun and exciting career. Meeting lots of new clients and making friends is a bonus. A very rewarding career. Every day is different and lots of fun.
Good if you speak the clients language !! lol nice and relaxed most of the time with some challenging activities . But that is life! Working with the other staff was an enjoyable experience.
Cons
clients behaviour
Life Without Barriers is not such a good place to work now that the management is being run people who lack people skills. It has the potential to be good again once the current Cairns office management is replaced by people who know what they are doing.
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements. Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits. I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues. would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
LWB is a wonderful place to work. Yes the work and pace can be challenging but it is very rewarding. The people are wonderful and the organisation is very client focused which is great to be part of. This organisation would suit you if you like to be challenged and want to make a difference
friendly working environment, diverse workplace culture, close to public transport, gained practical experience in accounting, but the management is not really professional
Being a Foster Carer is working from home and caring for the child. The company in general were always there for you if you need them. Very big on culture and you had to complete 3 courses per year to continue being a Carer. I guess the hardest part of the job was making the child feel welcome and comfortable in your home. The children obviously had been removed from danger. So they would be scared. The most enjoyable part of the job was making them happy and being loved.
Pros
They always looked after the Carers when in training
Cons
Always long hours
Great support from the admin team. We all worked well together, along with the Coordinators and Program Managers. The variety in the position was great. Learnt many things.
Pros
The office was in the shopping district.
Cons
I worked at LWB for 2 1/2 years and overall was pleased with the organisation. I was able to pursue professional and personal goals at my time with LWB and would be happy to work there again.
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Best thing about the job is my clients who I love working with. They are the ONLY reason I have stayed with LWB. Management keeps changing and doesnt listen to support workers on the ground. As much as I love my clients I wouldnt recommend LWB as a workplace.
The most part I enjoy about this position is working with young people to help support them for their future. Due to my work I am unable to provide Information due being Confidential Information.
Employees lack good work ethic. People are promoted for the wrong reasons. Agency does a lot of good for refugees and new Australians. Management is a little lost. They need to figure out direction and work together to get there. Communication could be improved.
Pros
Agency does good work for clients.
Cons
Bad work ethic in employees.
This company is great because of the people that work here and make a difference to our clients. Management could use with more training in order to provide better support to their staff.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours remuneration does not match the work output
I am a very respectful and motivated person who enjoys working with people of any ethnic backgrounds. I am reliable and very organised person I am single and I am willing to drive to work. I have my CA car licence and my own vehicle. I am a healthy person and I like to keep active and I also enjoy meeting people and learning new information.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Don't like negative people
Supportive and cohesive team. Job was enjoyable and was able to work independently. Staff turnover was a little high - think this may be due to the sensitive nature of the job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Staff turnover
I enjoyed my time with LWB and worked with clients with complex behavioural issues and found the company management and workers to be very supportive. A typical day is Arrive for work and changeover information with staff members.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
extra training not allway available
Most mid- and senior-level managers in their NSW branch of the refugee program are incompetent and do not have the technical knowledge of programs they run, they lack people skills needed to manage staff, address their needs or accord respect, they instead resort to micromanagement and making petty and demeaning rules.
you have up and downs in any jobs. but it can be a rewarding challenge by helping the community by volunteering your time with young people.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
My work days are never the same and often unfold differently of how I planned it. I have learned to be flexible, being adaptable and act on what ever needs to be attended to, juggling many priorities and meeting several deadlines. For sure no day is the same but at the same time that's what I like in my job.
Pros
not borring
Lots of cultural activities, training, good people, helping clients with disability is a rewarding experience, never a dull moment.
Pros
free lunch at training
Cons
n/a