Lifestyle Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lifestyle Solutions Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
I work in accommodation services and have also worked in Individual Supports (1:1) and at the Hubs (Day Programs)
I have met the best colleagues who have become friends. Some clients can be extremely challenging and sometimes quite dangerous and/or threatening though.

Room to move within this org-their services are broad such as Child and Family (Under 18's in Resi Care) Accomodation Services (Group Homes) 1:1 Supports, Day Programs, Coordination of Supports, Leadership opps and office staff. Your roles can be interchanged depending on your circumstances, so there really is a ladder you can climb.

Management really are ok. If you try to do your job well, are honest, get along with people and are respectful, this is noted and you are shown you are appreciated.

Pay rate is very good, considering they don't require a lot of qualifications and will pay you to complete accredited training like Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, P.A.R.T etc.

There really are worse places out there, the pay rate is one of the best in disability services, room to move your career within the org and many services to pick from.

Nowhere is perfect, but LSS is not a bad place and management are reasonable to approach. I'm glad I'm there!
Avoid this company like the plague especially if you live in a rural area. No training, no support from management, like I said, run. Supervisor was an alchoholic, manager was a tyrant who would call at ungodly hours for one thing or another that didnt entail the client. Low staffing meant over working for those who were working with no thanks. Tell you one thing thing then deny it when you do what they said. you do when
supporting clients to access funding, supporting staff to deliver quality services and families to be able to find their teams, have a greater direction in their funding and planning
I arrive at the office an attend to the days activities. I make sure I have eaten and I am fully rested. Learning from and learning about the people we support is the best part of the day. Having on going training is terrific because I feel you can never have too much education.
Great place good management great team......I enjoyed the way the company looks into your best interests. The workmates are great and are encouraging I have been through some hard times at work with the kids but the team are very supportive and strong.
You get to work within your strength. Some client get to understand you better an you get to stick with them. Life style solutions has been a home away from home.
This organisation is extremely unprofessional. The Management team are untrustworthy, unethical and have practices which don't reflect any of their true values they state they represent. They seem to only be interested in profits and NOT ever consider the clients they have. Thats pretty interesting to think seeing they are a non profit organisation! Please stay away for your own good!
The clients are lovely and the working hours are flexible. Management is absolutely horrible, as well as staff in the actual HR department. Staff do not value their employee's or the clients. Case managers don't do their job properly, never return/answer calls and are just plain unprofessional.

For example: I gave a weeks notice for a shift I couldn't attend, my manager didnt contact me to let me know if the shift was covered, I had to chase it up. The shift was not covered, so there was no effort made into finding a replacement, and my client was never told about the cancellation; therefore was very upset with me on the following shift. "Higher up" management are totally standoffish and do not offer support, nor do they care if you need support. Also, it took me about 2-3 months of working, for me to finally do the induction, which legally is meant to be done before you start working with clients.

I currently still work for them and I cannot wait to leave, which is so heart breaking because my clients are wonderful and I will miss them so much.

I highly advise against working for this company. They are rude, don't care at all, and completely unorganized.
They look great on advertising .Be warned they are not what they present
Don't ask question's / do as your told,

See nothing

Say nothing and you'll fit in
Pros
Great clients and those who are not in the click work hard and generally care for the clients
Cons
Central Coast mgmt /staff put on a great show, when families are around These people should be actress's rather than support person's.
Some great people providing worthwhile and specialised services to those most in need within the community.

Bullying is commonplace, as are grievances that are poorly managed.

Currently undergoing a change program that will, hopefully, put an end to, or provide more effective management of poor practices and unprofessional behaviour moving forward.

Could be a great group in time. But changes are necessary.
Pros
Worthwhile work and some genuinely great people that deliver above and beyond.
Cons
Bullying is rife and poorly managed.
• Encouraged community participation and independence building in the disadvantaged and disabled
• Assisted clients with budgeting and shopping

• Accompanied clients to medical appointments, shopping expeditions and walks

• Participated in the creation and delivery of tailored care plans

• Perform personal care work and support with domestic tasks

• Administer medication and peg feed

• Assist clients with hydrotherapy

• Assist with personal hygiene and toileting/continence management

• Assist with mobility and use ceiling hoist systems when required

• Implement behaviour intervention and support programs

• Engage clients in community access activities

• Liaise and develop partnerships with community groups
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Limitation in working hours
Although I had a bad experience I am grateful it happened, I learned how not to be in the field of social work. Management are horrible and racist af.
Pros
They don’t care
Cons
Racist, aren’t passion about their staff, such a bad work culture.
amazing place and team to be a part of. thoroughly enjoy coming to work and love my job. management is very supportive and works well with work life balance.
Go beyond the normal port of call for the clients and you get screwed
Nepotism, favouritism, collusion evident between management and H.R these people are inept and live in lala land.

Culture is non existent because they are in denial anythings wrong not until 60 minutes come knocking next.

Telling them in person that you need me more rather then the other way around.
Pros
all the hard working grass root people who get screwed by them
Cons
don't take their rubbish its a con
Management is inept, there is collusion between senior staff and management. Workplace culture is terrible - bullying, nepotism, favouritism etc. Clients miss out.
Pros
Nil
Cons
All of the above
Suckholes doing the managers job,and ballsing up roster deliberately,to bully others out of work staff infighting and building up of a gang and weak management made this company unbearable , clients and work are great
Pros
Easy work, great clients
Cons
If you can put up with not knowing who the 'boss' is
staff in the head office are great. managers are great. individual support in the community is hard because there isn't always the security of garunteed hours each fortnight. your clients go on holidays or get sick and you are left with no hours for that client. the upside is you get emails weekly with new clients available with what hours they need and a brief description of what they need for this shift. the most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and knowing you are helping people. there are also plenty of new learning opportunities that lifestyle provides.
Pros
meeting new peopel
Cons
wear and tear on your vehicle
enjoyed working with this company. Management could be stronger and a little more professional however despite this enjoyed this company and my colleagues
excited to see the clients which I considered my family. Same as my workmates...management sucks considering it's a big company. Training provided all the time.
Pros
increase in wage within six months...continuing
Cons
favouritism to some employees...
Respect the process. Don’t hold grudges towards the young people. Be a good team player not a selfish individual. Respect all cultures and just be kind to one another.
Pros
You get to help build or rebuild a young persons life.
Cons
The management in the company have changed more times over the last 2 years than anyone can keep track. One day your supervisor is reporting to someone in Penrith the next they have left and there is no one...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifestyle Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8