Lifestyle Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lifestyle Solutions Employee Reviews

The clients are lovely and the working hours are flexible. Management is absolutely horrible, as well as staff in the actual HR department. Staff do not value their employee's or the clients. Case managers don't do their job properly, never return/answer calls and are just plain unprofessional. For example: I gave a weeks notice for a shift I couldn't attend, my manager didnt contact me to let me know if the shift was covered, I had to chase it up. The shift was not covered, so there was no effort made into finding a replacement, and my client was never told about the cancellation; therefore was very upset with me on the following shift. "Higher up" management are totally standoffish and do not offer support, nor do they care if you need support. Also, it took me about 2-3 months of working, for me to finally do the induction, which legally is meant to be done before you start working with clients. I currently still work for them and I cannot wait to leave, which is so heart breaking because my clients are wonderful and I will miss them so much. I highly advise against working for this company. They are rude, don't care at all, and completely unorganized.
Am happy working at lifestyle solutions , they provide working hours they is good for you. The house managers are very good, You also have access to the regional managers too.
No Communication with staff. Meetings always cancelled to address staff concerns and issues. Contracts for permanent part -time workers have clause that they can terminate within 24hrs without reason. Contracts terminate normally 4 days prior to contract . More questions you ask the less shifts you are assigned. Required to work with clients animals running around your feet whist using hoist. Animal care required for all duties of cleaning animal inside and outside house. Un-hygienic work environment. Clients are very rude and manipulation within management does not make it any better. Casual Pool staff do not receive shifts this is only to cover the company for any reports to Fair Work. Can not recommend this company for any positives .
Pros
Close to home travel distance
Cons
Long Hours, safety issues, pay errors, no communication from management, additional duties not related to support workers role.
Do yourself a favour and stay right away from this company.Long hours, expected to work double shifts without the required legal break in between being rostered back on again, permanent staff are treated like a casual with shift changes and minimal and sometimes no prior notice to shift changes, no support from manager or upper management, no clarification on which documents to use for clients files, Intranet not having latest forms to use and multiple old ones in the system to cause confusion about which ones were current and meant to be used, lazy incompetent staff get praised over hard working knowledgeable staff, management and business directors have no regard for the safety of their staff or clients, no training provided and no support. Worst company I've ever worked for. Great example of "the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand" and therefore there is NO communication and nobody knows what they're meant to be doing and will pass the buck to blame somebody else as to why there's no straight forward answer
Pros
Cons
Several listed above, but main downfall for this company is management, upper management and business directors
Great place to work Management and fellow workers are fantasticWould %100 recommend working here Have worked for 3 company's in the goulburn area and never really been happy until being employed here
This was an extremely disappointing experience. After working in this industry for a long time I have had to find a new career due to the organisation placing me in situations that where unethical and dangerous leaving me very disillusioned and suffering depression. This is not an easy industry. However, this organisation gives no information on clients and does not respect your rights to decline working with severe mental health. I although qualified was thrown in the deep end then reshuffled instead of my rights being respected and safety. There are also only a handful of experienced staff working with clients which I found extremely unprofessional and new staff with no previous experience training new staff to work with high needs clients. Supervisors seemed to also not have any information to provide. It really is not a place anyone should consider starting out or in my case finishing in.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Total lack of support
The work culture in individual sites is amazing staff are great and almost everyone gets along all the time. There is always a short period where staff are checking you out, to see if you are a good fit with staff and participants. Where I did find them lacking was support from management, often talking was not an issue but them putting things in action was
Pros
Great working environment and pay
Cons
More physical support from management needed
I can sadly say i had the pleasure of working for this company. I can say ive worked in many locations and have never ever come across a company that is so toxic. Employment of staff that are not trained, management have very poor communication with staff, clients views are not listened too, and let me say the better service model is just a joke. Never would i recommend this company.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, clients rights are non existent, better service
Management ignore phone calls and emails. Very toxic workplace culture. I learnt that some places truely are just about how much money they can rake in.
Pros
Good work/home life balance
Cons
Zero support from management
Great Company I only worked part time but enjoyed my work thoroughly. Hbvvnvvnnvvnnvgb vi DM fm CCM CNN hmm CNN fm fm fm VM fm fm fm fm hmm hm GM fm fm fm fm hmm hm hm CNN CNN BBM GM BBM
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
It was my second job so didn’t have any cons
I work in accommodation services and have also worked in Individual Supports (1:1) and at the Hubs (Day Programs) I have met the best colleagues who have become friends. Some clients can be extremely challenging and sometimes quite dangerous and/or threatening though. Room to move within this org-their services are broad such as Child and Family (Under 18's in Resi Care) Accomodation Services (Group Homes) 1:1 Supports, Day Programs, Coordination of Supports, Leadership opps and office staff. Your roles can be interchanged depending on your circumstances, so there really is a ladder you can climb. Management really are ok. If you try to do your job well, are honest, get along with people and are respectful, this is noted and you are shown you are appreciated. Pay rate is very good, considering they don't require a lot of qualifications and will pay you to complete accredited training like Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, P.A.R.T etc. There really are worse places out there, the pay rate is one of the best in disability services, room to move your career within the org and many services to pick from. Nowhere is perfect, but LSS is not a bad place and management are reasonable to approach. I'm glad I'm there!
Avoid this company like the plague especially if you live in a rural area. No training, no support from management, like I said, run. Supervisor was an alchoholic, manager was a tyrant who would call at ungodly hours for one thing or another that didnt entail the client. Low staffing meant over working for those who were working with no thanks. Tell you one thing thing then deny it when you do what they said. you do when
supporting clients to access funding, supporting staff to deliver quality services and families to be able to find their teams, have a greater direction in their funding and planning
I arrive at the office an attend to the days activities. I make sure I have eaten and I am fully rested. Learning from and learning about the people we support is the best part of the day. Having on going training is terrific because I feel you can never have too much education.
Great place good management great team......I enjoyed the way the company looks into your best interests. The workmates are great and are encouraging I have been through some hard times at work with the kids but the team are very supportive and strong.
You get to work within your strength. Some client get to understand you better an you get to stick with them. Life style solutions has been a home away from home.
This organisation is extremely unprofessional. The Management team are untrustworthy, unethical and have practices which don't reflect any of their true values they state they represent. They seem to only be interested in profits and NOT ever consider the clients they have. Thats pretty interesting to think seeing they are a non profit organisation! Please stay away for your own good!
They look great on advertising .Be warned they are not what they present Don't ask question's / do as your told, See nothing Say nothing and you'll fit in
Pros
Great clients and those who are not in the click work hard and generally care for the clients
Cons
Central Coast mgmt /staff put on a great show, when families are around These people should be actress's rather than support person's.
Some great people providing worthwhile and specialised services to those most in need within the community. Bullying is commonplace, as are grievances that are poorly managed. Currently undergoing a change program that will, hopefully, put an end to, or provide more effective management of poor practices and unprofessional behaviour moving forward. Could be a great group in time. But changes are necessary.
Pros
Worthwhile work and some genuinely great people that deliver above and beyond.
Cons
Bullying is rife and poorly managed.
• Encouraged community participation and independence building in the disadvantaged and disabled • Assisted clients with budgeting and shopping • Accompanied clients to medical appointments, shopping expeditions and walks • Participated in the creation and delivery of tailored care plans • Perform personal care work and support with domestic tasks • Administer medication and peg feed • Assist clients with hydrotherapy • Assist with personal hygiene and toileting/continence management • Assist with mobility and use ceiling hoist systems when required • Implement behaviour intervention and support programs • Engage clients in community access activities • Liaise and develop partnerships with community groups
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Limitation in working hours
Although I had a bad experience I am grateful it happened, I learned how not to be in the field of social work. Management are horrible and racist af.
Pros
They don’t care
Cons
Racist, aren’t passion about their staff, such a bad work culture.