Lifestyle Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lifestyle Solutions Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

The reviews are all true

Unfortunately, Lifestyle Solutions in Adelaide has really gone off on a bad start since it's launch in January. So many staff have either resigned or been unfairly terminated whilst on probation which is due to management. Management have a lack of experience in residential care, resulting in poor choices being made which has a negative effect on the children in care. No autonomy, very stressful environment as such a high turnover of staff which results in being overworked. Management come and go as they please in the youth home without any warning. They use the bed rooms as their own personal offices. Please reconsider working for this company, there are better ones out there.

Pros

Permanent lines available, salary sacrifice

Cons

No work/life balance, micromanaged, poorly paid

Mentally draining work place

Worst place I've ever worked for. Company has these "core values" that it doesn't even believe in. The manager who hired and micro managed me had no relevant industry knowledge at all and was/is a complete narcissist. Upper management cares not for those below them, no relevant policies or procedures to the state. Completely disorganised company.

Cons

Wish I listened to the reviews on here

Management don't care. Shift filling isn't a priority. If your on shift and your replacement calls in sick its up to you to find someone to fill the shift because the rostering team don't care if you get stuck on shift. The Consistent Communicators (Managers) don't communicate very well and the Service Specialists are happy taking their big pay checks for doing as little as possible to support staff. Very little training provided and career progression is non existent unless you are buddy buddy with management.

Pros

The Support Workers are great and the young people we support are good kids.

Cons

Management, Lack of communication.

Productive work place

Am happy working at lifestyle solutions , they provide working hours they is good for you. The house managers are very good, You also have access to the regional managers too.

Worst Management ever experienced

No Communication with staff. Meetings always cancelled to address staff concerns and issues. Contracts for permanent part -time workers have clause that they can terminate within 24hrs without reason. Contracts terminate normally 4 days prior to contract . More questions you ask the less shifts you are assigned. Required to work with clients animals running around your feet whist using hoist. Animal care required for all duties of cleaning animal inside and outside house. Un-hygienic work environment. Clients are very rude and manipulation within management does not make it any better. Casual Pool staff do not receive shifts this is only to cover the company for any reports to Fair Work. Can not recommend this company for any positives .

Pros

Close to home travel distance

Cons

Long Hours, safety issues, pay errors, no communication from management, additional duties not related to support workers role.

Lack of Management and Upper Management

Do yourself a favour and stay right away from this company.Long hours, expected to work double shifts without the required legal break in between being rostered back on again, permanent staff are treated like a casual with shift changes and minimal and sometimes no prior notice to shift changes, no support from manager or upper management, no clarification on which documents to use for clients files, Intranet not having latest forms to use and multiple old ones in the system to cause confusion about which ones were current and meant to be used, lazy incompetent staff get praised over hard working knowledgeable staff, management and business directors have no regard for the safety of their staff or clients, no training provided and no support. Worst company I've ever worked for. Great example of "the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand" and therefore there is NO communication and nobody knows what they're meant to be doing and will pass the buck to blame somebody else as to why there's no straight forward answer

Pros

Cons

Several listed above, but main downfall for this company is management, upper management and business directors

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work Management and fellow workers are fantasticWould %100 recommend working here Have worked for 3 company's in the goulburn area and never really been happy until being employed here

Wish I had read the reviews

This was an extremely disappointing experience. After working in this industry for a long time I have had to find a new career due to the organisation placing me in situations that where unethical and dangerous leaving me very disillusioned and suffering depression. This is not an easy industry. However, this organisation gives no information on clients and does not respect your rights to decline working with severe mental health. I although qualified was thrown in the deep end then reshuffled instead of my rights being respected and safety. There are also only a handful of experienced staff working with clients which I found extremely unprofessional and new staff with no previous experience training new staff to work with high needs clients. Supervisors seemed to also not have any information to provide. It really is not a place anyone should consider starting out or in my case finishing in.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Total lack of support

Some managerial issues, not much room to move

The work culture in individual sites is amazing staff are great and almost everyone gets along all the time. There is always a short period where staff are checking you out, to see if you are a good fit with staff and participants. Where I did find them lacking was support from management, often talking was not an issue but them putting things in action was

Pros

Great working environment and pay

Cons

More physical support from management needed

Worst Company EVER

I can sadly say i had the pleasure of working for this company. I can say ive worked in many locations and have never ever come across a company that is so toxic. Employment of staff that are not trained, management have very poor communication with staff, clients views are not listened too, and let me say the better service model is just a joke. Never would i recommend this company.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Management, clients rights are non existent, better service

Good clients but BAD organisation

Management ignore phone calls and emails. Very toxic workplace culture. I learnt that some places truely are just about how much money they can rake in.

Pros

Good work/home life balance

Cons

Zero support from management

Great Company

Great Company I only worked part time but enjoyed my work thoroughly. Hbvvnvvnnvvnnvgb vi DM fm CCM CNN hmm CNN fm fm fm VM fm fm fm fm hmm hm GM fm fm fm fm hmm hm hm CNN CNN BBM GM BBM

Pros

Great staff to work with

Cons

It was my second job so didn’t have any cons

All round, LSS are really not bad.

I work in accommodation services and have also worked in Individual Supports (1:1) and at the Hubs (Day Programs) I have met the best colleagues who have become friends. Some clients can be extremely challenging and sometimes quite dangerous and/or threatening though. Room to move within this org-their services are broad such as Child and Family (Under 18's in Resi Care) Accomodation Services (Group Homes) 1:1 Supports, Day Programs, Coordination of Supports, Leadership opps and office staff. Your roles can be interchanged depending on your circumstances, so there really is a ladder you can climb. Management really are ok. If you try to do your job well, are honest, get along with people and are respectful, this is noted and you are shown you are appreciated. Pay rate is very good, considering they don't require a lot of qualifications and will pay you to complete accredited training like Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, P.A.R.T etc. There really are worse places out there, the pay rate is one of the best in disability services, room to move your career within the org and many services to pick from. Nowhere is perfect, but LSS is not a bad place and management are reasonable to approach. I'm glad I'm there!

Run

Avoid this company like the plague especially if you live in a rural area. No training, no support from management, like I said, run. Supervisor was an alchoholic, manager was a tyrant who would call at ungodly hours for one thing or another that didnt entail the client. Low staffing meant over working for those who were working with no thanks. Tell you one thing thing then deny it when you do what they said. you do when

Very productive and energetic with attention to details

Supported individuals diagnosed with a range of disabilities including Autism, Spectrum disorder, intellectual and physical impairment and individuals with Epilepsy. Provided support to individuals from vastly ranging social economic and cultural background in a group setting and also on a 1:1 basis including community access, in-home respite and personal care support.

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

Long hour

Lovely to work

It was a great experience to work with such a big company. The place has nice environment and the supervisors are good listener. Policies are great too.

average work

supporting clients to access funding, supporting staff to deliver quality services and families to be able to find their teams, have a greater direction in their funding and planning

Productive and fun work place with lots of things to do.

I arrive at the office an attend to the days activities. I make sure I have eaten and I am fully rested. Learning from and learning about the people we support is the best part of the day. Having on going training is terrific because I feel you can never have too much education.

My experience

Great place good management great team......I enjoyed the way the company looks into your best interests. The workmates are great and are encouraging I have been through some hard times at work with the kids but the team are very supportive and strong.

Productive and fun

You get to work within your strength. Some client get to understand you better an you get to stick with them. Life style solutions has been a home away from home.

Very unethical place and poor management

This organisation is extremely unprofessional. The Management team are untrustworthy, unethical and have practices which don't reflect any of their true values they state they represent. They seem to only be interested in profits and NOT ever consider the clients they have. Thats pretty interesting to think seeing they are a non profit organisation! Please stay away for your own good!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifestyle Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lifestyle Solutions