Lincraft Employee Reviews

not enough hours
Supervisor role (Current Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC20 June 2019
honestly there is not enough hours and enough people working at the same time, i get alot of customers annoyed at me if i cannot provide them all the time whilst trying to serve. apart from the i love the co workers i work with, i have made a few amazing friends since being there
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, and enjoyable workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 May 2019
Working at Lincraft, can be both relaxing and stressful at times, however it gives your the provided experience within the work industry. You learn the basic skills of working at a retail store and learn about different types of customers.
Pros
Everyone is mostly friendly
Cons
Needy customers who ask items to be cheaper
Average
Employee (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 April 2019
A load of hard work each day brought, I have learnt to always be prepared with what the day was yet to provide. Management was average, they helped in places they wanted to, the workplace was cosy, was not too taunting. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the customer with every item them wanted especially when they were in a rush. The most enjoyable times is when the customer is leaving the shop happy with all products and items they were in need of.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Was great to work for but had its many flaws
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC1 January 2019
I loved working at lincraft as I was extremely passionate about it products and it's vision.
The only cons i found were its management at the 2/3 stores i worked at. I left because I was getting denied hours when I desperately needed them and was continuously disappointed on that end.
Pros
Lovely customers and staff, reliable pay, easy store procedures
Cons
Unreliable management
Work Experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW13 November 2018
My experience here allowed me to get a job offer. I learnt how stock need to be presented to the customer in ensuring it is presentable and appealing. During the week of experience I also learnt how to communicate with other workers and ask for questions when needed.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
Hard required work, lifting heavy boxes
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC28 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Lincraft and found it an awesome place to work. My team members were all very friendly and made work enjoyable. I learnt a lot whilst working at Lincraft.
great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne North VIC14 July 2018
worked with a fantastic team , we all looked out for each other and everything ran like clockwork. Sales extremely busy times, loved seeing repeat and regular customers and helping clients choose fabrics and trims for special clothing items they were making. I found it interesting and learnt quite a lot from having a widely diverse customer base culturally.
Good people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mittagong NSW21 June 2018
Working here helped hugely with my customer service and retail skills - and after being promoted to supervisor I got practice in training others and running a store independantly. The pay wasn't amazing ($14/hour for an 18yr old) and the frequent budget cuts did affect my hours during the week.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay and cut hours
Fun, busy learnt a lot
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 April 2018
I started in the stores and learn a lot. I was already a dress maker for myself, but I learnt a lot more in thanks to the other staff helping and teaching me about bridal furnishings.
Pros
fabrics
Cons
on your feet all day waer comfy shoes
loved the store I worked in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW25 March 2018
My store manager was fantastic but any management above her was terrible.
I loved the store I worked at but Lincrafts fabrics are not very modern so it was disappointing I had to buy from the competition constantly.
set up
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT22 March 2018
setting up new store in Cairns Queensland, was for 9 weeks on a casual wage. loading unloading equipment and setting up shop layout from scratch.

people where all from diverse backgrounds.
Just don't work for them.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC7 February 2018
It's not a nice place to work. You are not valued. Some stores are better than others, but over all, it is not a rewarding place to work. Management is pretty bad, and head office people have no clue.
Not bad, Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnybank Hills QLD20 December 2017
A typical day at work has moments fast-paced energy, and then dead quiet. Customers can be a mixed bag of fun creative individuals and confused perfectionists, but in general, I really enjoyed getting to catch up with my customers and learn about their latest projects. I learnt alot about crafts I didnt even know existed. Management was fine, nothing to really say. Workplace culture was amazing, there wasnt too much time to make "friends" as such but everyone that really stuck around were into crafts and that creates an instant bond. There was also opportunities to share projects on a lincraft workers only forum. Hardest part about the job was probably the physical aspect. Although most retail jobs do require lifting of items and standing for long periods of time, lincraft also requires your to lend over desks as you cut fabric, and this put alot of strain on my lower back.
Pros
Crafty environment, Fun customers
Cons
Physically demanding, lots and lots of information to learn
Great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC24 November 2017
Help customers select the fabric they desire to make that perfect outfit. Fun, friendly place to work, great team environment. plenty of art and craft items to purchase
easy work, easy money.
Part time (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW7 November 2017
Good place to work, great discount, store always a little messy and not much room at all. Makes it hard to work comfortably and serve customers with ease.
Pros
good discount
Cons
messy
Positive
Store setup (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD26 October 2017
Working there was a bit different and haven't done it before but I did enjoy it and also the people that were there were friendly. Was very busy which I liked.
idk
Customer Service Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW17 October 2017
was alright but need more energery aroung the place and a better balance of the area, despite that not so bad although, wasnt hard just got somewhat boring.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring
Minimum wage and terrible working conditions
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC18 September 2017
Always a maximum of 2 staff on at a time including a manager during a sale or otherwise, budgets is to tight for staff wages not enough staff to keep up with customer service To put out stock and keep the store clean as expected
Pros
Good team
Cons
Minimum wage never enough staff
Great for work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT5 August 2017
I was only working there for a week, but I really enjoyed my time. The week I came there was not much to do, but that was due to a mix-up with deliveries and the staff worked well to accommodate the three work experience students.
Very interesting, and great for building an understanding of how a store works.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dee Why NSW25 June 2017
A typical day at work entailed myself working the floor packing stock onto shelves and setting up displays. Also cutting fabric to sell to customers, being on the till for long periods of time, and helping customers find what they need.