Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Employee Reviews

Australia3 reviews
Working at Lindamood-bell is worthwhile since specialized training is provided which helps you gain competence in the role. However, I think being generally able to build good connections with kids and having lots of patience is a must for this role. At the end of the day, like other tutoring and teaching jobs, it is a rewarding role, knowing that you've made even a slight difference in someone's life.
I started work for my job at LB in March 2019, and I was really excited to work there! I had been tutoring for nearly a decade and I was excited to get a “proper job” at a place with an interesting ethos and educational theory. I was also excited to join a company that offered many benefits such as teaching overseas, opportunities for advancement and increased training to teach new clientele at the company.

The interview and screening were quite intense, so I was flattered to be extended a job offer. I attended an intensive, two-week training with two other people and then we were on the floor.

Hours started off promising. I was paid above minimum wage, but a bit less than what I’m used to (anywhere from 30 to 45 an hour). However, I was working 8 hour days, 5 days a week, so it felt like I was being decently compensated.

After a while, hours started to drop off and become more unreliable. They also became stranger - we were told in our training that standard shifts were four hours with a 15-minute break in the middle, but much of the time you were only contracted for a 3-hour shift two or three days of the week. Sometimes there were no shifts at all. That surprised me. I didn’t think there would be no work.

I had a great rapport with a lot of the kids, but some of them hated the whole experience. That wasn’t our fault, but the desperation of parents who wanted something, anything, to have their kids keep up in school. Some of them would lash out, insult us, or shut off completely. The tips and tricks I used in my other jobs didn’t work on them. They hated the rigidity and
 - more...
Pros
Good kids, lunch is provided during meetings, paid training, no one bothers you on your lunch break, flexible hours
Cons
outdated and repetitive program, bored kids, bad pay, management don’t listen, unpredictable hours, not enough shifts
Coworkers are all friendly and management is supportive to all employees. I only worked casual but theor schedules are flexible enough for everyone. It is also rewarding enough to see your students hain improvements
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes?