Linfox Employee Reviews

This was the worse place to work toxic culture
Warehouse Store Person (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW18 March 2019
The worst place i have ever worked and would never work there again even if it was the last job left.

Its a union driven environment with a toxic culture.

Management was useless and don't know why these guys had tjhe jobs they did - there it wasn't what you know its who you know.

Working there was a tough job and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

most enjoyable part of the job was going home!!!
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Going to Work
Full of promises
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW28 February 2019
Good company to work for if you can get pass all the politics. Still at its building stages. If you are looking for progression in your career then this is the place to work at, wages and salaries are a different story. I enjoy the people I work with. Work is challenging at times but very rewarding.
If you're prepared to do long haul, it's good paying work
MC Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazelmere WA13 February 2019
I've enjoyed my time with Linfox as a roadtrain operator, the gear is exceptionally good for the environments they're subjected to and the fleet is renewed every few years. The other drivers are an awesome bunch of people to work with, and everyone is on the same page which is GREAT in a transport company.
The biggest problem with this particular type of work is never knowing exactly what's going on from one week to the next. While the work is usually pretty steady, it isn't unusual for a week with several days off in a row which can make a huge difference between pay packets.
Trips are notified via text message the day before, but you will need to allow an extra 90 minutes before you are actually scheduled to depart so you can get all of your prestart completed correctly.
Paperwork paperwork paperwork.... You will just about need to hire your own secretary for this role, I've never worked in another job where you have to do so much paperwork! So much information duplicated several times, a lot of time is lost while completing this.... Does my head in, but it has to be done....
Management has been progressively getting worse recently, but I think it's due to powers from above putting the pressure on them, and the organisation is pretty dismal.
For the most part, the loading team usually get things right, but there's also a lot of times when they get things really wrong too, and it's not unusual for freight having to be restrained correctly or reloaded.
All in all, it's not a bad place to work so long as you can put up with the few things that can be annoying, but then
  more... there's no such thing as a perfect workplace. Especially in transport!  less
Pros
Good pay, quiet, comfortable trucks. Exceptional gear.
Cons
No set roster, senior management trying to erode wages and conditions.
had close to 18 enjoyable years
WAREHOUSE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW12 February 2019
great place to work providing you have the right management around you. Fast paced environment which I enjoy. Probably would have retired there if I was not made redundant.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Could have had more social outings
good company
Operational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 February 2019
as an operational trainer I complete all training needs for the company in NSW in both warehouse and transport.

the work culture is a very safe work culture

is up skilling people and assisting in making them a better operator
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
training any time of the day
Linfox
Web Developer (Project) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2019
As a student I have done Project for Linfox, My coordinator was so friendly and given us ample to time to plan the project well. It was great experience.
Good workplace
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC28 January 2019
I work for linfox for 4 and a half years but found they weren't very understanding when my mum passed away so I moved on from them I had to have time off to deal with the passing of my mum so I left to move to Adelaide for a while
Pros
Good pay rate and safety was great
Cons
Not understanding of my mother sudden passing
i left for a reason
Inventry Clerk (& previous roles) (Former Employee) –  Rosehill NSW14 December 2018
I started at this company i 2007 as transport personnel (offsider)
a few years later i was given an opportunity to do the allocation/routing role. i did this job to the best of my abilities yet there was still no guarantee that i would be made permanent. i developed an excel spreadsheet program version of a document that was originally hand written, taking time & resulting in alot of errors (making stock levels inaccurate) my computerised version improved productivity & virtually halved the stock discrepancies. Still no guarantee of being made F/T, so i chose to go back as transport personnel.
years late they would cut all our pay by 40% & increase workload by not replacing staff who had left. This paycut resulted in my finances being ruined & im now blacklisted & have a credit default for 7 years.
i was once again given an opportunity to do an office admin role "Inventory Clerk" this role wasn't easy as the personnel in that office was halved by people leaving & not being replaced (putting unnecessary pressure on us) yet i performed to the best of my ability.
All i received was negativity & no formal training for the role.
They promised me advancement in this role then three months later chose someone else. It seems the culture in this place is very volatile &wasn't going to get any better so i made the decision to leave abruptly & start all over again.
Be careful of this place.
great company
HC Driver and Yard/Tug Operator (Current Employee) –  hc driver12 December 2018
great people with great work ethics.
always willing to help when required. polite and courteous great equipment and vehicles cleaned every week and clean facilities
Pros
pay and equipment
Cons
job security
Closed Management structure hugely political
Queensland BDM (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 July 2018
My review at linfox
I would prefer not to say anything so I will no comment on their operations, management structure or their decision making process
Good Company Culture and Interesting work
Commercial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 April 2018
I always found everyone approachable, you had the opportunity to advance in your career, if you demonstrated the willingness to learn and progress. Open to new opportunities.
Awesome Experience with Awesome People
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD12 February 2018
Had an awesome time, learning and growing with the team. I was only supposed to temp their for 1 week and ended up staying almost 7 years and loved it
Pros
continuous learning, opportunities for further growth and onsite courses, people :), close convenience to home
Cons
contract expired with the customer so Linfox and employees moved :(
Good equipment high stress
MR & HC Driver (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 February 2018
Late model vehicles. Well maintained. High pressure, high stress job. It was my first job in the industry and I was on a steep learning curve and it was very stressful.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
High stress
Good People Great company to work for
HC Driver/ Part time Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Warnervale NSW31 January 2018
I have worked for Linfox for 2.5 years as a driver and relief scheduler when required. I have found the staff and other drivers to be a pleasure to work with.
Pros
New trucks and gear
Cons
fun workplace,flexible hours friendly management
Customer Service and Order Release Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntingwood NSW30 January 2018
I had the opportunity to learn,given a chance to use my skills and experiment on various roles starting from customer service role to inventory .Very friendly management guiding all the way.
safety first good environment challenging work
storeperson forklift driver LO LF (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW14 December 2017
challenging, safety conscious environment, family orientated company, received all incoming stock
loading and unloading of trucks , picking of orders and making dead lines on orders using of sap system.
fun work place
Purchasing Team Member and Back_up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Truganina VIC29 November 2017
Fun Place To Work.. Management and all the team Leaders are helpful and Friendly. Linfox Keeps safety First in place and Encourages their employees to up skills themselves.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
significant demands and expectations
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Melbounre28 November 2017
significant demands placed upon you" drivers are treated as robot> Safety is a good thing but Linfox are gone over the top and have lost touch of reality
My position involved identifying a suitable service offering to grow the business.
Strategy Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 November 2017
Good employer but local branch management lost its direction in WA during the mining downturn. Cost structure is rigid and will not change thus tenders were not to be won and BD efforts were wasted.
Pros
Excellent facilities and work place culture
Cons
Lack of support from senior management
Good pay, simple work, good team
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW7 November 2017
I worked the afternoon shifts was an easy job, very repetitive though,
There are some great team members and as any job some not so good.
My biggest gripe would be that supervisor is mediocre on her best day.
No consistency, poor communicater, and personality of a doorstop.
So in short if u want good money with no job security and prepared to be rewarded for stroking managements ego rather than by the merits of your hard work
Then marsden park linfox dulux is the place for you.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Supervisor acts as a high school student rather than a leader