Linkforce Engineering Employee Reviews

bad planning
Boilermaker/Welder (Current Employee) –  Perth WA7 April 2019
they dont give enough induction.
they dont give training.
they are canceling confirmed shifts.
they dont give enough shifts.
supervisor is not friendly
Productive but not happy with the schedule
Boilermaker/Welder (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 February 2019
Satisfied with the company except that not secure about the schedule of work. Most of the time, the schedule is changing so have to really budget the salary.
Pros
everything free
Cons
schedule not fixed
no respect given
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA12 January 2019
Travel in your own time between village and site, sometimes forced to work through lunch or wait til 430, no toilets provided or vehicle to get to one, one crib room for dozens of people so people standing when you do get a break, organization of flights and transfers between shuts a shambles but they will harrass you hard if you leave crib room without safety glasses on even when its not a site rule. The shutdown managers never even introduced themselves.
Pros
makes you appreciate other companies
Cons
mdny workers think this treatment is acceptable even normal
BOILERMAKERWELDER AND TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Perth Australia3 January 2019
Linkforce has been a good home for me as a professional boilermaker where I have been exposed to a culture of hard work and team work.With linkforce we have scored goals in terms of service delivery.The only down side is there are few opportunities for permanent work or family oriented roster.
Pros
Enough work
Cons
Temporary
Worse company ever worked for
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 December 2018
Treated like a child, terrible pay for tradie, wear PPE to and from work looking like a filthy worker at the airport. Transported around the Pilbara in a coach from one shudown to the next, sleeping in a chair for a 10 hour break on the way to the next shut. Hot bed or two up in a donger... Centre Link you can keep it.
Pros
Free sight seeing tour of Pilbara
Cons
No pay for inductions or travel.
Good Experience
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia30 August 2018
This company operates in remote areas of Western Australia. Employees could be gone anywhere between 5 days to 28 days at a time. Workplace culture was good, crews had time to prep before maintenance was to take place. Once the site had begun its shutdown, everyone on site was focused on the job at hand.
fun,friendly stuff
Trades Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA28 March 2018
job secrurity low. reason why im looking for different job cause i dont feel like iam secure in my postion, Im looking for long term poation to start my career.
productive
Rigger/Dogman / TA / Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 August 2017
Excellent always working and pleasant staff in the office. Everybody is approachable and nothing is too hard. Planning dep. Is always helpful and they encourage family life
Pros
schedule
Cons
nothing
A good contracting company to work for.
Shutdown/Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA9 June 2017
Great depth of trades and skills throughout the workforce.
Good small company atmosphere.
I gained a lot of valuable experience working in shutdowns and projects.
Go away
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA3 January 2017
After many years in construction up nort I took opportunity to work for them just to keep myself busy. But I have chosen the worst company probably. This company is a joke with strange policies and culture. Apsolutely disgraceful, need to wear PPE on way home, what for? This is my time I am not paid for it and choice of clothing is my personal thing. Also rate $40 for trade person is apsolutely unacceptable. Any labour hire company in Perth will pay you $36 for local work. Unfortunately due to mining downturn we are forced to do any job to survive. And those guys know it and use us to get bigger profit and own benefits.
Pros
Cons
Everithing
Great workmates
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA6 September 2016
Shutdowns are busy, so time goes quickly. Great workmates, everyone works well together. Tools and equipment are well organised. Only two uniforms is a bit stingy. Work is a bit sporadic, a lot of down time between jobs.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
Downtime between jobs
walk away
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA23 August 2016
heard so many horror stories from past employees . can only get first time employees from interstate very bad reputation I am waiting for them to go broke
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad supervisors who have no clue, high turn over abuse etc
Trade Assistant
Trades Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA10 July 2016
LinkForce Engineering has supported my onsite learning of mechanical engineering by providing diverse problems to solve within the iron ore industry, such as safety management and problem solving skills are key tools when developing an approach to infrastructure repairs.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Winter cold
good place to start
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Lambert WA4 July 2016
Just a typical shut down company.
Always do drug and alcohol tests to make sure their employees are at the best they can be and treated equally.
great ongoing support for indigenous people.
Keep you busy
Advanced Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2016
Is a good company to start FIFO with and learn the ropes of a shutdown environment with good scaffolders. Have made alot of good mates and learnt alot from them.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Unpaid travel and standdowns
A good, Efficient and Professional company.
Boilermaker - Contract FIFO Shutdown (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA4 November 2015
I was sub contracted through Skillforce Labour Hire and as my summary suggests, a really good company to work for. The only reason I had to move on was that I need more consistent work. I got along with most of the supervisors and my work mates.
Pros
Good, strong, professional.
Heaven in the Pilbarra
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Pilbarra wide5 September 2015
It's 3:30 am Waking up to the sound of birds flying through the sparkling iron ore dust I yawn and contemplate another twelve hours of mental endurance patching up a ever delapitaing iron ore plant. Dressed in bright hi viz I make my way to the dry mess for breakfast, happily guzzling down the food that has been prepared for me it does cross my mind as to how many days ago that glowing Apple was picked and " I'm sure I've seen that egg before" Ten minutes later after a drug test and alcohol test I'm ready to head to site and walk flossy for as long as possible safe in the knowledge that saftey comes first and I definitely won't be harassed or bullied at work. Upon completing the 12 hour shift I am often treated to a free excursion around the Pilbarra on a coach with my colleagues who do so love to take in the ore inspiring views (no pun intended). Finally after scrubbing any iron ore from the inside of my eyelids I don my hi viz pyjamas and fall into a gentle slumber happy in the knowledge that I have contributed to the supply of some quality iron ore to some far away place somewhere I can't imagine. My favourite part of the FIFO experience is leaving ..... That's because not only do I get to keep my hi viz outfit on all the way back to My front door but Additionally I have so many good memories to share with my wife and kids. Finally and the reason I went in the first place is the remuneration and that's what makes it worth it ..... For example I was away from my family for a week or 168 hours (not including the four hour round trip to get to and from airport) and  more... I earned a generous 2200$ after tax ........ Thank you.  less
Pros
Get to wear hi viz everywhere.
Cons
no overtime rate
negative work force with lack of work
Trade Assistant (Current Employee) –  perth, WA27 April 2015
unable to supply adequate amount of work to long term employees.
treated like children, rated on all jobs, lack of communication in the main office located in perth.
Pros
i had a job
Cons
still hiring when they cannot supply work for their current workers
Great introduction into the mines
Scaffolder/Rigger (Current Employee) –  Pilbara17 February 2015
Working for link force was a great way to experience the mining industry, while working for link force I did TA, Rigging and Scaffolding work.
shutdown work in the pilbra region
trade assistant (Current Employee) –  western australia7 July 2014
typical day consists of shutdown work on BHP, Rio, FMG and other iron ore site in and around the pilbara reigion, good group of co workers
Pros
Cons
long breaks in between jobs