Linkforce Engineering
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Linkforce Engineering Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Making sure you know your job description well and that you understand your responsibilities including your duty of care. Management(Client & Linkforce) aren't as clued in when you first get to site so vigilance and patience are great attributes.
Great company to work for always strive to find job placements for you, always approachable with regards to concerns and issues and also training was good too
Basically a good crew to work for plenty of work supervision is good good variety of sites to go to food at camp sometimes a bit ordinary accommodation is five star
Pros
Good camps safety is paramount
Cons
Some supervisors are a bit coxky
Not a company that values loyalty or respect they run on bullying fear tactics and strive to keep the work force on edge .
They mould new perspective supervisors to treat everyone with disdain and groom those who like to rat and snitch on everyone else.

Safety is not a concern and all injuries will tried to be covered up before the client is aware, under reporting is rife.
Entry level only
There are better mining jobs out there but you can get your foot in the door with these guys.

Most supervisors ok but always under pressure and working conditions are harsh

Best thing is you can choose your site and no pressure to work more shutdowns than you want
typical of work is very busy. I learned a lot. average management. fun in my job. always safety the leadership. sometimes hard job mostly easy if you know what you doing
An enjoyable experience where i got to be part of a growing organisation in as far as projects are concerned.
Excellent working environment and would recommend anyone to work there if any opportunity arose.
Provides good opportunity to be gainfully employed. Good supervision on site. People are helpful. Site preparation ahead of every shut makes the job easy, good quality, safe and on schedule.
they dont give enough induction.
they dont give training.

they are canceling confirmed shifts.

they dont give enough shifts.

supervisor is not friendly
Satisfied with the company except that not secure about the schedule of work. Most of the time, the schedule is changing so have to really budget the salary.
Pros
everything free
Cons
schedule not fixed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Linkforce Engineering?
Travel in your own time between village and site, sometimes forced to work through lunch or wait til 430, no toilets provided or vehicle to get to one, one crib room for dozens of people so people standing when you do get a break, organization of flights and transfers between shuts a shambles but they will harrass you hard if you leave crib room without safety glasses on even when its not a site rule. The shutdown managers never even introduced themselves.
Pros
makes you appreciate other companies
Cons
mdny workers think this treatment is acceptable even normal
Linkforce has been a good home for me as a professional boilermaker where I have been exposed to a culture of hard work and team work.With linkforce we have scored goals in terms of service delivery.The only down side is there are few opportunities for permanent work or family oriented roster.
Pros
Enough work
Cons
Temporary
Treated like a child, terrible pay for tradie, wear PPE to and from work looking like a filthy worker at the airport. Transported around the Pilbara in a coach from one shudown to the next, sleeping in a chair for a 10 hour break on the way to the next shut. Hot bed or two up in a donger... Centre Link you can keep it.
Pros
Free sight seeing tour of Pilbara
Cons
No pay for inductions or travel.
Low Hourly Rate especially for a Casual Position.
Bad work life Balance.

Bad management.

Bad career prospects

You are just a number, they overcharge the client, underpay the employee, don't pay for travel or stand down.
Pros
Cons
Low Base Rate, Long Hours, Bad work life balance
This company operates in remote areas of Western Australia. Employees could be gone anywhere between 5 days to 28 days at a time. Workplace culture was good, crews had time to prep before maintenance was to take place. Once the site had begun its shutdown, everyone on site was focused on the job at hand.
job secrurity low. reason why im looking for different job cause i dont feel like iam secure in my postion, Im looking for long term poation to start my career.
Excellent always working and pleasant staff in the office. Everybody is approachable and nothing is too hard. Planning dep. Is always helpful and they encourage family life
Pros
schedule
Cons
nothing
Great depth of trades and skills throughout the workforce.
Good small company atmosphere.

I gained a lot of valuable experience working in shutdowns and projects.
After many years in construction up nort I took opportunity to work for them just to keep myself busy. But I have chosen the worst company probably. This company is a joke with strange policies and culture. Apsolutely disgraceful, need to wear PPE on way home, what for? This is my time I am not paid for it and choice of clothing is my personal thing. Also rate $40 for trade person is apsolutely unacceptable. Any labour hire company in Perth will pay you $36 for local work. Unfortunately due to mining downturn we are forced to do any job to survive. And those guys know it and use us to get bigger profit and own benefits.
Pros
Cons
Everithing
Shutdowns are busy, so time goes quickly. Great workmates, everyone works well together. Tools and equipment are well organised. Only two uniforms is a bit stingy. Work is a bit sporadic, a lot of down time between jobs.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
Downtime between jobs
heard so many horror stories from past employees . can only get first time employees from interstate very bad reputation I am waiting for them to go broke
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad supervisors who have no clue, high turn over abuse etc