Lion
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lion Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
Excellent place to work till it got sold
Enjoyed my time there till business got sold and I was made redundant. Enjoyed working with my staff, training them to become better workers, Senior management was great.
Bad culture
Competitive with no room for advancement in the business. A lot of big personalities who only focus on select group and focus too much on trying to build a culture, that they forget they need to do business
Great Brands, People and Processes
Fast paced and a great place to learn and develop when given the opportunity in a difficult industry. Change a constant with scrutiny on structure and cost savings the norm. Great people working collaboratively to achieve despite the obstacles.
Pros
Good people support
Cons
Cosntant focus on cost reduction
Warehouse staff was awesome, middle management not so good, senior manager awesome
The fast pace in a chilled environment, no 2 are days the same, got to sample all the products and end of the day, take some home. Location was great.
great place to work.
Lion is a great place to work. I've worked with some great marketers and the culture is very supportive and flexible. I enjoyed my 10 plus years there and still remain great friends with so many colleagues.
Had to leave due to relocation
Lion has a very hard working team, A friendly team that always work together to achieve the same goal. A team that is always willing to assist each. I would definitely recommend Lion.
Supportive Environment
My team and management supported my decisions and helped me develop within my role.
When an opportunity came up outside of the business, I was supported and had learnt the tools necessary in my role
demanding job with rewards
A lot expected of it's workers but hard work is rewarded. A very employee friendly culture with a lot of training and support for its leaders. A high focus on quality and safety with a strong, process driven focus on lean manufacturing principles.
Pros
a lot of focus on training
Cons
rotating shift pattern
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lion?
Television in lunch room
Good company to work for has active safety committee always involving staff and are committed in the advancement of there staff with there careers also sharing with all that happens with the company as they have a monthly newsletter active social club always some activities Each shift when starting you are given a hand over from previous shift so as to keep production running
Work is always interesting as the company keeps the workforce engaged and motivated by rotating tasks to stop you being stuck in repetitive tasks

Television in lunchroom while working afternoon shift can watch some of the Rugby league State of origin game

Birthdays are celebrated Melbourne cup and generous Christmas presents The management are always friendly and are always involved with the staff in there advancement of there future they are on top of any issues as to discrimination and bulling as they foster a inclusive culture

i have worked at many workplaces sine leaving Lion but Lion stands head and shoulders above all of them Started driving forklifts in 2000 at Lion and I have been consistently involved driving since, • Worked for six years in a face-to-face service environment providing service at the Dispatch window for Dispatch and Receiving of goods as well as the needs of sales staff.
Pros
Great culture weekly free issue of stock
Cons
Summer can be difficult as the requirement for overtime can cut into family time
Great company to work for
Great people
Great culture

Great brands

Need to find a way to grow more!

I had great diversity and opportunity in my career with jobs in strategy, M&A, Sales and Marketing
Great Company Culture
Lion Nathan has such a great company culture where people are fun, approachable and easy to work with. The company itself has provided me with an amazing career opportunities due to its good reputation.
Relaxed Enviroment, Great social atmosphere
Lion Dairy & Drink’s aim to always have the customer at the heart of everything they do, from the CSSC sector to the service plus sector, they aim to provide a high quality service for their customers. The atmosphere is vibrant, relaxed sometimes a little bleak but it’s an office!
Pros
Free products
Cons
Consistently Not meeting customer expectations
great place to start
Some great people to work with. Complex supply chain that is good for learning the FMCG environment. The lack innovation or the acknowledgement of new ideas hampers the growth and performance of many aspects of the business.
Another great company to work for
I have worked for Lion on 3 separate contracts. The staff are extremely helpful and supportive. The workplace culture is one of the best that I have had the pleasure to work in.
Pros
The workplace culture and Friday Drinks
Cons
Does not offer the best contract rates
Worst place i have ever worked
In my entire working life which equates to 40 years i have never worked in a place that was run so poorly.

This was basically due to poor leadership which in turn has led to the entire workforce having an "I don't care attitude".

The only good thing about the company which keeps everyone going to work each day is the income, which is very good.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor leadership
Not what it used to be
Lion has changed a lot over the past 2 years, people are not really happy anymore. they are offshoring and are while trying to save money are losing some great people
fine
I was an intern. I did it for college credit. I worked remotely and it was fine. My boss would call me up every day and give me my tasks to complete before I could go.
Good Company with a lot of waste
Good culture , good people but recently losing good people at a very fast rate. Started an outsourcing that brings no benefit to the company. There are many projects that started with good intentions but went pear shaped . Just shows the management failure in multiple layers. And funny that they never learn from mistakes just keep repeating them and expecting different results.
Pros
free beer points
Cons
Management with no clue
Lion Dairy and Drinks Crestmead
Worked there for around 2 and a half years casual

made some good mates there that i still communicate with

management changed and things wernt the way they were when i started just like most jobs change dramatically from when you start to when you finish.

If you could land a fulltime job there you would be easily set for life.
Pros
take home free milk
Cons
Can get let go at any time.
Flexible and exciting place to work
Work life balance and culture of business embraced and lived by management. A challenging job with rewards and recognition. Through this business I have learnt to constructively work with all types of people and to challenge myself on a daily basis.
productive place to work
Managers are good to work with family atmosphere you go the extra mile for your co-workers to help.

the most enjoyable part of the job are working with the customers you got to know.

i learned a lot from co-workers and supervisors they are always will to train a staff members to learn new things and skills.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
some supervisors can be to agressive