Lion Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
sales, innovation, marketing, e-commerce (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU19 February 2019
Great people
Great culture
Great brands

Need to find a way to grow more!

I had great diversity and opportunity in my career with jobs in strategy, M&A, Sales and Marketing
Great Company Culture
Accounts Payable Executive (Former Employee) –  Sydney Olympic Park NSW16 January 2019
Lion Nathan has such a great company culture where people are fun, approachable and easy to work with. The company itself has provided me with an amazing career opportunities due to its good reputation.
great place to start
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC11 September 2018
Some great people to work with. Complex supply chain that is good for learning the FMCG environment. The lack innovation or the acknowledgement of new ideas hampers the growth and performance of many aspects of the business.
Another great company to work for
webMethods Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2018
I have worked for Lion on 3 separate contracts. The staff are extremely helpful and supportive. The workplace culture is one of the best that I have had the pleasure to work in.
Pros
The workplace culture and Friday Drinks
Cons
Does not offer the best contract rates
Worst place i have ever worked
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Malanda QLD4 May 2018
In my entire working life which equates to 40 years i have never worked in a place that was run so poorly.

This was basically due to poor leadership which in turn has led to the entire workforce having an "I don't care attitude".

The only good thing about the company which keeps everyone going to work each day is the income, which is very good.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor leadership
Not what it used to be
Executive Assistant to Director Secondment (Former Employee) –  Sydney Olympic Park NSW2 January 2018
Lion has changed a lot over the past 2 years, people are not really happy anymore. they are offshoring and are while trying to save money are losing some great people
fine
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 September 2017
I was an intern. I did it for college credit. I worked remotely and it was fine. My boss would call me up every day and give me my tasks to complete before I could go.
Good Company with a lot of waste
SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2017
Good culture , good people but recently losing good people at a very fast rate. Started an outsourcing that brings no benefit to the company. There are many projects that started with good intentions but went pear shaped . Just shows the management failure in multiple layers. And funny that they never learn from mistakes just keep repeating them and expecting different results.
Pros
free beer points
Cons
Management with no clue
Lion Dairy and Drinks Crestmead
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Crestmead QLD7 March 2017
Worked there for around 2 and a half years casual

made some good mates there that i still communicate with

management changed and things wernt the way they were when i started just like most jobs change dramatically from when you start to when you finish.

If you could land a fulltime job there you would be easily set for life.
Pros
take home free milk
Cons
Can get let go at any time.
Flexible and exciting place to work
Customer Logistics Ops and Reporting Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2017
Work life balance and culture of business embraced and lived by management. A challenging job with rewards and recognition. Through this business I have learnt to constructively work with all types of people and to challenge myself on a daily basis.
productive place to work
Dispatch Coordinator / Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 January 2017
Managers are good to work with family atmosphere you go the extra mile for your co-workers to help.

the most enjoyable part of the job are working with the customers you got to know.

i learned a lot from co-workers and supervisors they are always will to train a staff members to learn new things and skills.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
some supervisors can be to agressive
Very challenging and supportive company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bentley WA8 November 2016
I found Lion is a great company to work for. The people processes are very supportive, however they will get their monies worth out of you.
Management can work against each other at times, the majority of all the Team Members are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Flexible, autonomy
Cons
Can be long hours.
Good wages, no job security, they treat workers poorly
Forklift Operator/Order picker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury South SA20 October 2016
Pays well but there's zero job security,
They treat their workers extremely poorly.
Terrible management particularly at the Salisbury site just disgraceful.
Pros
Great pay, good breaks with lunch and smoko
Cons
On call work, zero job security, poorly managed
lion is a fantastic place to work for
Forklift Driver / Storeman (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW20 October 2016
every day was never the same at lion, learned how to work in freezing conditions, management was really easy going and friendly same as my co workers hardest part of lion was dealing with very high work loads and dealing with all the problems that come across the day, being able to sit back and relax when everything was done
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
nothing
Not a bad place to earn some coin
Food Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnie TAS29 July 2016
Overall a balanced working environment, mate-ship is easily formed with co-workers and helps boost morale. Always keeping busy to fulfill contract demands.

Management needs more training.
great palce to work
Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Perth WA2 July 2016
it was a great place to work however my entire logistics department was made redundant as this was outsourced to another company
Pros
great training
Cons
very long hours
Casual
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 May 2016
I would be Machine Operating , I learnt that Team Work is always better as we all work together to get the job done . Also to work hard in every task your given as it is your duty , Becoming a passionate worker and becoming motivate is always vital if you want to do your job correctly.

My co-workers are very hardworking and we all communicate a problem across to each other if there is an issue, We also never slack off however if one of do then the other worker is always there to help them out.

The hardest part of the job is missing out on Friday Night Events , which would be Weddings , Birthdays Anniversaries etc . However it is understandable as Night Shift workers do have to take the Good with the Bad .

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such a dedicated and hard working team like the one l'm in .

However for myself l need a Permanent Position where l am challenged daily and taught something new daily . A position that has security for myself .
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Not a Permanent Position
Great Place to Work
Commercial Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 April 2016
Fantastic work culture and lovely people to work with. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to work here. I joined for a short term contract but stayed on for almost 9 months and people were very supportive including management
Pros
work life balance
a good place to work
dairy hand (Former Employee) –  Bayswater VIC21 April 2016
my day started at 5am to unload and sort loads into separate areas
then take care of any paperwork or repairs then finish at 1pm
Pros
short hours
Cons
heavy lifting
No fun just work work work, That was ok thats why we where there to work.
Cream worker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea Heights VIC15 March 2016
I worked night shift, We got everything ready for the other 2 shifts, We set everything up and started work making cream, When the other shift come in they just took over from us and so on.
Pros
No fee lunch, But we got payed for our lunch brake.
Cons
10 hour shift, 4 days a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lion. Our community is ready to answer.