Lion
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lion Employee Reviews

Great place to work but if you have any bullying issues god help you because they wont, their people processes are shocking and there is no support even from managers who know what is happening they are too scared to go up against bullies and these people are allowed to get away with it and still work there today, they should be ashamed of themselves to allow staff to be emotionally damaged and then have to resign because they wont do anything about it. Otherwise it is fun and they provide a lot of benefits to staff and a bar on site at their olympic park office
Pros
free samples
Cons
No Support when there are issues
The role was advertised as permanent ,then employed as casual, ,no computer to work from, they could not organised a computer for me to do the role ,was not allowed to use site managers computer ,he is no longer presentThe staff ran the production how ever they feltThe labour was never liableContract withheld Asked too many questions then dismissed
I worked for lions dairy and drinks in townsville through Programmed labour hire company, I was there for a bit, over the period I was there I did the work that was required at a certain pace, they favourite certain staff over others, they tell you that you are doing a great job then out of nowhere they make some excuse like there's too much staff so it's time to move on even though there was at least 5 prople who started after you yet you turn out the one to be let go, they don't tell you if there's any problem with your work or anything needs improving they just let you go whilst saying it's not you, your work is great yet you find out from other staff that's not the case, I would highly recommend not working for this company due to the fact they will use you for as long as possible and kick you to the curb at the end of the week and you are left stuck finding another job, I busted my back for this company for the short period I was there hoping to get full time employment out of it, no that is not the case, as you will not progress in this company, I would highly suggest finding work elsewhere.
Pros
Free anything to take home
Cons
Expect you to go full speed at all times and if you don't well its bye bye
Busy Enviorment with room to learn new things to build up your career. People are always t helpful and cooperative. Learnt Resiliance pays off. Relationship management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Nons
Enjoyed my time there till business got sold and I was made redundant. Enjoyed working with my staff, training them to become better workers, Senior management was great.
Competitive with no room for advancement in the business. A lot of big personalities who only focus on select group and focus too much on trying to build a culture, that they forget they need to do business
Fast paced and a great place to learn and develop when given the opportunity in a difficult industry. Change a constant with scrutiny on structure and cost savings the norm. Great people working collaboratively to achieve despite the obstacles.
Pros
Good people support
Cons
Cosntant focus on cost reduction
The fast pace in a chilled environment, no 2 are days the same, got to sample all the products and end of the day, take some home. Location was great.
Lion is a great place to work. I've worked with some great marketers and the culture is very supportive and flexible. I enjoyed my 10 plus years there and still remain great friends with so many colleagues.
Lion has a very hard working team, A friendly team that always work together to achieve the same goal. A team that is always willing to assist each. I would definitely recommend Lion.
My team and management supported my decisions and helped me develop within my role. When an opportunity came up outside of the business, I was supported and had learnt the tools necessary in my role
A lot expected of it's workers but hard work is rewarded. A very employee friendly culture with a lot of training and support for its leaders. A high focus on quality and safety with a strong, process driven focus on lean manufacturing principles.
Pros
a lot of focus on training
Cons
rotating shift pattern
Good company to work for has active safety committee always involving staff and are committed in the advancement of there staff with there careers also sharing with all that happens with the company as they have a monthly newsletter active social club always some activities Each shift when starting you are given a hand over from previous shift so as to keep production running Work is always interesting as the company keeps the workforce engaged and motivated by rotating tasks to stop you being stuck in repetitive tasks Television in lunchroom while working afternoon shift can watch some of the Rugby league State of origin game Birthdays are celebrated Melbourne cup and generous Christmas presents The management are always friendly and are always involved with the staff in there advancement of there future they are on top of any issues as to discrimination and bulling as they foster a inclusive culture i have worked at many workplaces sine leaving Lion but Lion stands head and shoulders above all of them Started driving forklifts in 2000 at Lion and I have been consistently involved driving since, • Worked for six years in a face-to-face service environment providing service at the Dispatch window for Dispatch and Receiving of goods as well as the needs of sales staff.
Pros
Great culture weekly free issue of stock
Cons
Summer can be difficult as the requirement for overtime can cut into family time
Great people Great culture Great brands Need to find a way to grow more! I had great diversity and opportunity in my career with jobs in strategy, M&A, Sales and Marketing
Lion Nathan has such a great company culture where people are fun, approachable and easy to work with. The company itself has provided me with an amazing career opportunities due to its good reputation.
Lion Dairy & Drink’s aim to always have the customer at the heart of everything they do, from the CSSC sector to the service plus sector, they aim to provide a high quality service for their customers. The atmosphere is vibrant, relaxed sometimes a little bleak but it’s an office!
Pros
Free products
Cons
Consistently Not meeting customer expectations
Some great people to work with. Complex supply chain that is good for learning the FMCG environment. The lack innovation or the acknowledgement of new ideas hampers the growth and performance of many aspects of the business.
I have worked for Lion on 3 separate contracts. The staff are extremely helpful and supportive. The workplace culture is one of the best that I have had the pleasure to work in.
Pros
The workplace culture and Friday Drinks
Cons
Does not offer the best contract rates
In my entire working life which equates to 40 years i have never worked in a place that was run so poorly. This was basically due to poor leadership which in turn has led to the entire workforce having an "I don't care attitude". The only good thing about the company which keeps everyone going to work each day is the income, which is very good.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor leadership
Lion has changed a lot over the past 2 years, people are not really happy anymore. they are offshoring and are while trying to save money are losing some great people
I was an intern. I did it for college credit. I worked remotely and it was fine. My boss would call me up every day and give me my tasks to complete before I could go.
  1. Employee Reviews