Lite n' Easy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lite n' Easy Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
Great work place factory environment. Unfortunately it wasn’t until after I left they re evaluated some roles and provided solutions for better working conditions.
Pros
Healthy active lifestyle
Cons
If your good at your job you get to more work
Coming from GOV call centre operations it was a culture shock for IT infrastructure. The IT team are not well funded / structured and therefore all work is just a temporary fix. Phone system and Sales database crashed every other day and staff are forced to complete written order templates 70's style.
Management handled a COVID19 risk to all staff very poorly. Allowing a staff member who's husband had returned from Dubai the night before, and didn't quarantine for 14days, attend work on the Monday Morning.

Staff issues were not resolved. And staff were instructed NOT to contact HR with their concerns.

The sales database was written/compiled about 20yrs ago and has not been upgraded to a CRM. It has numerous pitfalls and mistakes that allow the user to duplicate/over-order/under-order/order incorrect item/s etc. So basically impossible for new staff to manage their error rate.

Good perks - free gym; good staff discount on food; free secure parking on-site.

Good training & support however IT constraints made it difficult at times.

No internet access; no emails therefore memo's regarding sales/product updates etc. came around in hard copy to be signed and then taken.

Product info/knowledge retention was almost impossible. Unable to save Fav's; Unable to create desktop shortcuts; Unable to print anything.

99% of the team were a dream to work with and it was a relaxed and happy place to work, apart from those issues.
Pros
FREE Gym; FREE secure parking onsite; Staff discount on food
Cons
Poorly managed COVID19 risk to all staff. HR issues not resolved / escalated to HR
I previously worked at Lite N Easy for 3 years both in factory ( process worker ) and office. The good thing about Lite N Easy is they are always busy. They make products more and faster. They pushed the worker too hard, thus there are so many injured and sick people. If this happens to you they will just put you on light duty for 1 month and they will saked you after that if there is no development. The culture and some of the workers at Lite N Easy are very rude and insecure people. They gossip so much about personal life and I noticed that a lot workers here got *exually attracted to each other and It results of them cheating on their partners. I have experienced *ullying here as well when I got promoted to a higher level job. All employees including supervisors tried to attacked me since I got the promotion. It caused me so much stress and I felt depressed working at Lite N Easy which results me quitting the job for my own personal safety.
Pros
Gym, Bonus, Covered parking, doctors on site
Cons
Unfair Management. Gossiping everywhere, digging other people personal life. Stealing/ cheating to their partners.
Lite n easy is a great, friendly place to work. Always a lot of work to be done.
Fast paced. The facilities are up kept really well. Has onsite doctors and gym
Pros
Awesome staff, awesome facilities
Cons
Working 1pm - 9 pm is not very convenient if you have small children
It was a good company to work for, range of different shift hours, areas to work in. As well as a lot of staff perks. Bonuses, free gym, access to medical.
Most enjoyable part of job is
Tha passion for food,good team work

Safe place to work, friendly people.esp.

The management very supportive. In my 11 years.
Cold place to work, paid on time, four days per week, lite and easy was a convenient location, good employer to work for for various reasons as mentioned
Supervisors and staff are friendly warm and inviting. Good work culture. Fast paced work environment. Onsite company doctors. Have to work through most of the public holidays.
Loved working there , some days were tiring though especially working on ovens all day . Learnt a lot , operating small machinery , mixing ingredients in Hobart for recipes, operating crumbling machine. Traying up for cooking etc ..
This is said to be a team environment buy there are lots of staff that can't help other's because they say it is not there job. They just stand there chatting about there social life.
Good Job and life balance, excellent workplace, convenient shifts, good benefits, training and the opportunity to advancement, friendly staff, with a supportive culture to employees.
Supplies frozen & fresh meals. Salads and muffins. Our evidence-based nutrition into practice by creating healthy, delicious meals and balanced menus. Meals are individually prepared and portioned then delivered to your door.
Pros
quarterly BBQ
Cons
reduced hours
I enjoyed working for lite and easy , first job that I worked on a fast paced conveyer line. Taught me some skills and techniques to do in a job and met a lot off people who became friends out of work.
Pros
Discounts on lite and easy food
Cons
Nil
Nice Company to work for good communication within the floor relation instruction clear, high standard of hygiene. quality food making sure the job is done right in the company policy accordingly.
I enjoy being apart of a small team in the bakery department baking healthy treats and snacks, I like how we have set stations in our room which requires using different techniques for each product its repetitve but fun at the same time, we work with the time of ovens cook in cook out trying to meet the daily production total. We have people who are continuously creating new recipes with strict healthy nutritional baking, demand on production in our small room working under pressure we cope with little maintanace on our equipment and appliances. I like how im apart of a company that encourages healthy living.
Pros
Free Gym, Family days out, Doctor on site
Cons
I need school hours, i need 7am -3pm shift
to ensure the proper food to be pack for client, when problems occur with the production , we automatically discontinue and report it at once to the supervisor.
Great group of people, loved working there. Work was easy, very clean. Atmosphere there is great, everyone is friendly and always willing to help you.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Extremely repetative & boring.A lot of internal politics.Benefits do not make up for pay being substantially lower than industry standards.Management/Supervisors are ''do as I say,not as I do''.The staff do however make for a good working environment.
I worked there more then 1/6 years.Liked it to work there.Have some extra advantages like free Gym.Doctor on site Big and secure car parking.work and workers related meetings. Easy access to high rank staff. more and more.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
long hours work some time
A typical day at work is packing pallets, ensuring correct count of product is present and making sure the team is fairly rotated. I learned how to work with great time management, so that no matter how busy it was, we could keep up as a team and with production. Learning how to get along with a team no matter how any team member was feeling was always important and learning how to build rapport came easily, which was good because it brought good balance to people focus and task focus. The hardest part of the job was going through different methods of working and finding which way best suited me. Observing the way other team members worked, but at the end of the day, it always came down to figuring out quickly how I best work. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling accomplishment of productivity during along with all other team mates.
Pros
Discounted meals, free health checks, free access to the gym and to personal trainers.
Cons
Working far from home and around heavy traffic hours
Met new people hard workers .. From all walks of life.. Very multicultural workplace from the short time of being at Lite and Easy .. It was great working at Lite an Easy before my car accident 2012 which ended my work 2012
Pros
No free lunches .. I must of missed it..
Cons
Long hours..