Little Zak's Academy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Little Zak's Academy Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Great place to work and progress your career path.

Mr Zaki was an excellent employer and progressed his employees within the company if he felt they deserved this. I would highly recommend working for him.

Extremely unhappy!!

I was excited to start my employment at Little Zak's. The Interview was a great experience, which made me feel positive about taking the position. Then I started working there!! I was overwhelmed from day 1! I have the skills to do the job, but it has been made hard due to lack of communication. Not given all, or the correct, information can be extremely dangerous when there are children with allergies in the centre. It is daily battle having to clean up other people's mess before I can start my own work. There is never enough staff, which means they don't clean up after themselves, leaving me more work. I was working an extra 3-4 hours (unpaid) a week for the first few months of employment until I organised my section to a more manageable time frame. I submitted a new menu, but was basically told it wasn't good enough. A month later, I was told Upper management had a new menu ready, without asking for my opinion. Even the CEO, Rich, was a little bewildered that I wasn't consulted.I voiced my concerned regarding the new time consuming menu, and how it may be shuffled around to fit in my working hours, only to be ignored- TWICE! I'm not even allowed to organise the recipe book to suit my needs. Clearly my time is not important. I am still employed at LZ, but my stress levels and blood pressure are way too high due to working here, leaving me no other option than to look for employment elsewhere. My experience has made me regret leaving my previous Childcare Chef position.I will miss the friends I have made here though.

Pros

Friendly staff, Centre Manager is supportive and does what she can to make things better.

Cons

Lack of communication. Job specific skills, knowledge, and expertise ignored by upper management. Not paid for extra hours worked.

Would be an amazing centre to complete a cert III if there were more staff

The centre itself is amazing, with a large playground, and lots of activities in the rooms that encourage creative activities for the children. The children themselves are great, many are very loving, playful, vocal, and easily interested in knew topics or easy to get engaged in new tasks. Forming attachments quickly with the children can happen. A large centre, with a large number of children and not enough staff. As a trainee, we need to be mentored and trained from the time we start our work there, rather than floating around rooms filling in for staff who are absent, working in rooms that are understaffed, with staff who are amazing and qualified, but who are stressed and who don't have the time to mentor trainees. High trainee turnover. If you're lucky enough to get qualifications there, there are great career advancement opportunities. However, many of the things I was promised would happen as a trainee never occurred. I would recommend this centre for experienced and qualified childcare workers. I would not recommend this centre for completing a traineeship. Trainees are essentially on a job trial for 2 weeks, and only if they impress will the traineeship actually begin. The expectation for a trainee is incredibly high. Without any mentoring and very little training you are expected to be able to do the job well from day one. There is favouritism, and trainees are easily discarded if believed to be not the right fit, as it's a 6 month probation period. But you can be dismissed much earlier. Quick decisions are made about this and there is not much chance to prove -

Pros

amazing children, some amazing teachers, working with children, hands on work, never a dull moment, learning from direct work with the children and observing qualified teachers

Cons

long hours, hard physical work, stressful work environment, understaffed, lack of training, high trainee turnover, excessively high expectations for trainees

Very good

Very good in childcare services. The amount of care given to each child is amazing and I would love to work there as the treatment and work environment is professional.

Awful

The worst time of you life working there. None of the girls where happy aside from our boss and the room leader who spent more days sitting in the office. We had little to no resources. The favouritism was over the top and very stressful. Trainees were offered no study time and no help or proper training. We regularly put complaints to management but nothing ever changed. When I left the other girls had also put in their own resignation. Leaving was the best choice I made.

Unhappy

I can’t speak for all LZ centre, but my particular one was a zoo. The actual programs and processes were great, but unfortunately due to management and staff, the centre wasn’t able to reach it’s potential. Work drama is beyond exceeding. I had reported a staff member who was neglecting her role and the care of the children, and instead of addressing her they let me go after I refused to take $1 more an hour it’s just a big money pit

Great

It has been great joining the little Zak's team. They're very focused on ensuring you're happy with everything around you. They're also very strict (in a good way) with ratio, cleaning jobs, supervision and always interactions. They're also amazing at following through with their reflection planning and ensuring the company and staff continue to thrive.

very rewarding work

I worked here for 2 years very sad I left, lovley staff girls are amazing always supportive, management is great as well also wanting you to do your best and also willing to go that extra mile

Pros

children and co workers

Cons

dont very well paid but thats child care

a lovely place to work

It was nice to work with staff and a nice place to work .I learned how to work in a team . I leaned to talk to people get out of my comfort zone. How to change nappies .

Pros

ganing experince

Cons

Na

decent work environment

Not the best childcare center I have worked with. Children are very well behaved. Management could be better. Jordan Springs, Penrith Center. Wouldn't return

Good

Was a nice place to work. Would recommend to others. Learnt many things. Did my certificate 3 course there. Would recomend to otheressss. sss s s s s sss

Great staff and kids

It was nice being welcomed and feeling like part of the family. I learned a lot on how to manage a centre more effectively being the 2IC, but i missed being in the Directors chair.

Daily Routine

A typical day at work is, moving the children from one room to another - supervising and playing with them until all staff members have started - nappy change - feeding them morning tea - starting the day off, with different activities every day depending if parents have written a child's interest or what they had did on the weekend, we would extend it for them - doing arts and craft with them - playing with them and doing more activities - going outside for play time - going inside and washing the children before lunch time - sitting and feeding the children their lunch - cleaning them after lunch and getting them ready for rest time - nappy change - during rest time employees take turn going on their breaks - once their break is over we do some paper work while the children are still resting - once all the children are awake, we change their nappies, put away their beds and put shoes back on - we hang with the children for awhile and read a book to them before afternoon tea - we sit with the children for afternoon tea - clean up and get ready to spend the afternoon outside while we went for parents to come pick them up - nappy change i love working with the children and also other workers that i work with in the room.

Pros

Hour break, Workers, Arts and craft, playing with the children

very professional environment

great place to work with a supportive team and great staff involvement. I would recommend this childcare centre to anybody interested in this field.

A day in a childcare

Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games. Observe and monitor children’s play activities. Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs. I learned to work in a team work or individually. Ability to work under shift bases. The management is perfect and helpful. The hardest part is to look after 30 kids alone while my co-worker is absent. The most enjoyable part is to play with kids and talking to their parents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Zak's Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Little Zak's Academy