LJ Hooker

LJ Hooker Employee Reviews

Australia117 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

The thrill of making people happy

I enjoyed working in the Real Estate industry. Meeting new people and making dreams come true of owning or selling their home and starting a new chapter. Loved providing customer service.

Pros

Connecting and help customers

Cons

long ongoing hours

Ok

Pretty much left to your own devices which is fine if you have experience, but I didn't. Had a helpful colleague but there really was no 'management'. Just spent the day calling people to see if they wanted to sell or knew anyone that did, and going door-to-door - which was a good way to get to know the area. Being in the office was boring and ordinary - and there was very little training.

Pros

If I had stayed long enough, there would have been a lot of freedom.

Cons

Ordinary management.

Enjoyable and supportive

Great place to work. Was a small family run office who I thoroughly enjoyed working with. Only left as they sold the rent roll to retire. All in all highly recommend working for LJ Hooker as a whole based on this office. Was a sad day when they closed the doors and retired.

Pros

Supportive, fair pay, was like working for family

Cons

Nothing with this particular office

Productive workplace

Friendly staff staff and great clientele. Fantastic easy to talk to managers. Training, Lj management always includes you in any extra needed for your position.

Pros

Paid for event's

Cons

Na

Productive and fun working with them

I had a good experience with Team work. Very good company with good management. The Boss were very cooperative and understanding and always ready to lend their helping hands if you need some to understand about your responsiblities.

Would not recommend!

Not a nice place to work! Would not recommend to any prospective employee. Lack of communication between staff. Low morale in general. Bullying in the workplace.

Good training provided

Micromanagement makes it stressful to work. I would recommend it for starters as the training is good. Salary is not competitive. The sales role is stressful.

Nurturing and Supportive Workplace

Fantastic workplace, directors are very supportive, with the potential for growth within the business. Reasonable workload and good remuneration. Great team of people

Stress

Boss don't pay staff what thry entitle and what they deserve Staff are slack Staff are rasise/duscrimate Culture back grown For example Islander and single mother are hard to get a house from LJ Hooker

Good

It was pleasant enough to work there, I was trained in Open Houses and all forms of real estate. It's a shame I was underage at the time, and I couldn't complete my real estate licence.

Great workplace

You learn a lot at this workplace and get great experience. All the tools and marketing and training are beneficial for all employees with varying degrees of experience.

Awesome place to start

Working at LJ Hooker has been great, this can be step in stone for people looking to boost their experience. This workplace can definitely be a job for life for people looking to pursue realestate

Small work place

LJ Hooker is a small to medium real estate office. There were lots of changes in staff which caused disruption. More training should be provided to employers.Though it was a relaxed company that was enjoyable to work there for some time

Productive and relaxed work place

Easy to associate with other employees I learnt a lot about real estate the management team was easy to talk to and have a conversation with The workplace culture was so inviting and relaxed everyday I found the job quiet easy and rewarding.

Pros

gaining experience

Cons

no permanent hours

Fabulous Business Owner

great work environment, fun and enjoyable! - fabulous Business owner and incredibly supportive. Great culture, lots of fun and great team. Office has now changed Management so the Business Owner I worked with is now retired....I voluntarily left at the same time he did.

Nice people to work with

Good Manager, who always very supportive. I would recommend other to work there. If had any query related to any matter I had no issue discussing with my boss.

Professional yet casual

Working in this environment was a new experience for me. The manor in which management handles improvement among staff members is best described as inclusive. No method caters to one member of the team and takes into account the whole process of the task.

Management was excellent.. Extremely supportive to staff. Job opportunities available if discussed.. However, not impressed with a department manager who currently still resides in employment. Bullying is unacceptable in the workplace... Targeted perhaps...however a new person was employed six months after me, and within two weeks l l was being harrassed, then given an uncalled for, warning letter.. for not completing a final bond within two days of key hand in. For not setting alarm system from working back late.for allegedly not answering my personal phone when out conducting inspections.. if contacting me out office was important, then the receptionist would have been advised when l called in.. I'd say diffinately targeted.❓❓ The residential tenancy act allows within 14 days to conduct a final bond..though l would not recommend this.. as soon as practicable to complete, once keys have been handed in..

Cons

Long hours, doing a Clean up portfolio

fun workplace

My role as a receptionist at LJ Hooker included many things that have given me skills that I still use to this day, examples of some daily duties I did were; Organized and scheduled office meetings as well as client appointments for team of 6 professionals, effectively accommodating hectic agendas. Answered telephone calls to field inquiries from clients, vendors and various other callers seeking information. Sorted and distributed mail correspondence between departments and personnel, including parcel packaging, preparation and efficient shipping and Aggregated and prepared documentation and reports for office meetings, distribution and filing

Pros

great learning

Cons

short hours

Great place to work for

Culture was amazing. Staff were supportive. Very good training systems in place. Great morale and positive atmosphere. Nice group of people to work with.

Productive with good training provided by licensees.

You have to enjoy meeting and working with people from all walks of life and most importantly being pro-active within your community. Staying in contact with past clients and families and being honest helps build a trustworthy relationships that keeps them coming back to you for further business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LJ Hooker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare LJ Hooker with

• LJ Hooker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?