Lockheed Martin
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Lockheed Martin are able to attract talented and motivated individuals, however the cultural differences between the US executive and Australian management sometimes make the progress of work difficult.
Pros
Opportunity to move within the company
Cons
The workplace and most people are fine. Support for people with health issues is lacking. Resourcing needed fixing. I was place in an a job that was incompatible with my slkills.
Good people at the lower levels but senior management were clueless and it shows as they haven't won a significant defence contract in years and the ones they do currently run are a debacle to work on.
The contract lasted longer than planned due to the people that where working their. Cut backs, out of the control Lockheed Martin is the only reason that I am leaving.
If you don't have an engineering degree, management will consistently forget you even exist. (Now I have to pad this, because there is a "minimum" of 150 characters)
I learned a lot while working there. It was an amazing experience I wish could find another place like it. It taught me a lot of different programs and how to work with other components.
Great environment, friendly professional staff and colleges, interesting work difficult when a contractor to be fully immersed in the company. good office environment.
Referring specifically to the Australian operation, workign at LMA involved long hours with no appreciable outcome owing to the complexity of the political landscape and the ineffectiveness of senior management.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Almost everything
Great place to learn, scope and area of work is incredible from large platforms and US reach-back into deep areas of knowledge broaden your career opportunities here in Australia.
Pros
US decisions sometimes don't help the Australian context
Cons
Incredible science and engineering.
Big into Hierarchy, if you are a people person best to steer clear from this environment. Great place to work at if you have a family and can only work the set hours.
Pros
Helped me get back into the workforce and flexible with my hours
Cons
Very quiet and serious work evironment
A typical day at work is filled with challenges and great learning experiences. the co-workers are the best that anyone could wish for and they help build a great working environment
Light banter and idea sharing make for a good workplace. You can always acquire new knowledge from the strangest places. A great manager makes for a great environment. Working with fantastic characters makes the day better. Deadlines/deadlines/deadline, won't they ever stay still ? Ever try convincing people to RTFM Seeing the end at least one step closer
Pros
Monday fruit days and occasional BBQ's
Cons
As required extra hours are a little out of hand
Family orientated and OH&S Prioritised.A company that takes good care of their employees safety not only inside the workplace but also outside of the workplace.
You may contribute to the team as much as you can. The organisation follows some of the business analysis, requirements gathering and agile concepts.
LMAL was a great organisation to work for. However if one did not fit into the mould of the perfect employee then they were singled out and made it hard for the employee to do their job with confidence and without stress. I did an exceptional job at LMAL Information Systems and Global Solutions, receiving three awards in four years of my employ with them. One of which was received from the Global Director of Supply Chain for my contribution to the organisation specifically in Supply Chain of which I was part of the team.
Pros
Exeptional Talented people to work with
Cons
Long hours required without any overtime payment allowed
Performed tasks and responsibilities as per the agreement contract with Lockheed Martin Australia to provide Desktop and Service Desk support for clients. Worked well with Team staff and management. Learned new work skills and experiences with new tools, software and database.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
24x7 hours