Lone Star Rib House & Brews

Bartender2 reviews
Australia2 reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement

Do not recommend

There was no interview process when they hired me and was barely spoken to about expectations, pay and job responsibilities. The owners and managers were not very good and worked against the staff instead of with them which resulted in a lot of conflict as well as extreme favouritism. I was promised over 25 hours of work a week and rarely ever got that and if they had something against you then you would barely work at all which is not livable. The only positive was the workers but we all started quitting around the same time. I would not recommend working at this venue in any job role.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Inconsistency and unprofessionalism

Started good but went downhill fast

I started working at Lonestar in orange as one for the first stuff and it was great I have very happy for months but then COVID-19 happened and a lot change which I understand had to happened and I was fine with that but we lost quite a few stuff so who was left had to pick up the extra work where to was getting to much we had no Manager or supervisor for a very long time so me and an other was left to full that role unexpectedly and all I did was work go home and work is was really really hard for me to take a day off and I know being in hospitality you have to work weekends but not every weekendWe finally got a Manager and supervisor which I thought great I can go back to being a normal staff but nope I was like the 2IC and it just kept getting worse there was no communication between the manager and the supervisor the manager would say one thing then the supervisor said another and the manager was the Head chef. I was working so much that I was so tired that my work ethic was getting bad and I was being a person I didn’t recognise I had been work there for a year and then I moved to the next Town over and said that I would be certain days so I wasn’t driving on the highway after doing a 10 hour shift and there fired me I got an email saying I was no longer a staff member after WORKING THERE FOR A YEAR no phone call no message saying “hey we know you moved and want to still work let’s set down and have a talk to better suit your request” but nope I am really really surprised that it’s still running I think HQ needs to step in and help make it the work place I know it -

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Rib House & Brews. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lone Star Rib House & Brews with