Lone Star Rib House
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lone Star Rib House Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Had to learn the line dance aswell as the birthday song.
Sometimes you'll get them American guest who just miss home or want to cheak it out who tip the waitress heaps.
This place sucked like seriously I got an interview at Lonestar rib house Blacktown to become a waiter and they gave me a job trial instead of putting me on the floor serving customers the manager got me to clean down his backroom sweep up cigarette butts pressure hose down the back room and got me to stand on a rocky bar fridge and change lights which were still switched on while I changed them and I had no experience changing lights which break numerous work health and safety guideline instead of actually seeing what I could do the manager used me for free labor I was cleaning that room for hours waiting for the manager to give me my next task only to walk to his office to see him sleeping on his desk this place is unprofessional and does not care for its workers at all
Cons
Unprofessional
During my time at Lone Star, the management was terrible and often hostile. Almost every week the roster was put out the day before the new work week began, and multiple times there were changes made to the roster throughout the week without notifying staff (including myself).

On top of this, the head chef was hostile and borderline abusive if any mistakes were made (despite making various mistakes himself like cooking the wrong cut of steak, sending out wrong sauces, under/over cooking steaks, ect ect).

Myself and multiple other kitchen staff avoided working directly with the head chef and the motto between us was “heads down, keep quiet” as to not aggravate the head chef, owner, or manager.

I consider myself a very relaxed, happy, anxiety free person, but after working at Lone Star, I found myself on the verge of a nervous breakdown before each shift from the anxiety of not knowing what each shift would bring, and having multiple panic attacks during shifts.

This is the only job that has made me legitimately vomit in the morning before a shift from anxiety, as well as also have the owner walk in the kitchen and throw food at me and the floor.

Between the toxic culture and aggressive management and higher staff, I couldn’t recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Decent pay, free soda during shifts, friendly FoH staff
Cons
Toxic workplace culture, aggressive management, negative reinforcement.
The most non-constructive, demeaning, and demoralising work environment I have ever been in. They charge you for the price of the mandatory uniform, the owner drinks beers all day and only ever stops to intimidate the workers he thinks are 'slow', strong culture of negative reinforcement. The assistant managers are nice (if a little patronising) and the floor staff are kind but the general manager and owner are simply awful. Despite all of this, it is very easy to get a job there (because so many people quit after the first shift) and it pays decently but for the sake of your mental and physical health I would avoid Lone Star like the plague.
Each day I worked the manager made it their mission to ostracise me and not feel particularly welcomed. However all my co-workers, some of the most understanding people I've met.

I wish I had something nice to say about working there but each day working there was just too stressful because of the constant changes from higher management and the constant unease from having the manager essentially try and sabotage some of us from doing our jobs properly.
The armosphere and coworker relations were good. Great people to work with and there were pretty decnt training opportunities, however the managment and onwership were awful and unhelpful. We were regularly paid late and incorrectly also.
Has been a good time but not what i am looking for but overall a fun and enjoyable workplace to be apart of, management is helpful for any enquirers and work well as a group to successfully run the restaurant.
working at loan star helped me learn good leader ships skills and to have good time management, it also helped with my confidence, the people i worked with were so friendly which is a great environment to be surround by.
Pros
if you work an all day you got a free lunch and also 50% off all meals beside ribs
Cons
would work late into the night and some days would get home til 11pm sometimes even 12am
People are fun working,with good environment,learned to work in fast pace with different people from different country,management was good, motivating and courageous working and teach the basis of many personality development skills like communication
Pros
free lunches
Lone Star Rib House is a very good restaurant. It was a good experience to work there. The staff where all so friendly and I learnt a lot working there.
My store is great. Our staff get along great and work together really well. The pay is good (restaurant industry award rates) and the work is engaging and interesting. However certain managers are disorganised, inconsistent and sometimes downright mean. Staff as a whole are regularly accused of being lazy or incompetent by management and are publicly called out on social media pages as a first method of problem solving. We are also overstaffed but management is still trialling new people when our current staff already don't get enough hours.
Pros
Generous staff discounts, good pay, great coworkers, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of hours, over staffing, poor and inconsistent management
When I was there I was an all rounder waitress, the environment I was working in was very tense. The management wasn't up to standards and could use a lot more improvements.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
really fun environment to work enjoyed it alot it was great i wouldn't turn down an opportunity to work here good bosses and food is great people a vibe rent
Pros
good money fair rules
Cons
Work was good for the money management needed fixing, needs more fixed work hours, need to learn how to train new people properly
fast passed work in a friendly environment with good moments even on the stressful nights. Everyone would help however needed any thing and it gave a family feeling to the whole experiance
Pros
friendly staff and rewarding work
Cons
late hours
The whole atmosphere at Lone Star Rib House Is amazing, the staff are friendly and easy to work with, customers are happy to come back and have a chat with you. The reason I'm seeking a second job is the lack of hours.