Lone Star Rib House

21: Lone Star Rib House Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Ok overall

It was Ok overall. The hours were poor 3 hours a day if lucky mostly 2 hours. Probably ok for students at school or studying in a course or a side job. Staff was ok.

Pros

Was fun at some point

Cons

overall was okay

Best workplace so far!

Great place to work, Staff are amazing. Managers are very understanding and supportive. The training provided was very rewarding for me in building my career in hospitality.

Pros

Staff meals, on the job training, great team

I would recommend finding ANY other place to work

Typically shifts are often unorganised and have poor management. It was very common to be given either no break when busy or, if quiet, to lose hours of work being obligated to sit and wait to clock on. Hours are highly unstable, going from almost 40 hours a week to 20 sometimes, and overtime or any required compensation pay are rarely accounted for. Management is unorganised and unprofessional, rostering is often late and very unreasonable with availabilities changing, considering how late notice for shifts they give you. The work culture is by far the more egregious aspect of the job as the boss is often unprofessional and inappropriate in the way they talk to staff, and very much has biases with staff, often gossiping among other managers. Finally, it is very clearly a business that priorities profit over all other aspects, including customer experience and feedback, food quality and staff wellbeing. Especially during COVID-19 regulations, which were often incredibly lax to ensure no disruption to business.

Cons

unreasonable and unprofessional management, exploitative

Fun and great people

I have worked for lonestar since they opened I have left and worked elsewhere and returned and it is definitely a good place to work always have a good experience and good food if you apply and are successful you will love your experience at the lone Star

Poor everything

HONESTLY DO NOT WORK HERE, ITS DISGUSTING. The owner of the store wasnt able to manage anything, everything was rushed and a lot of yelling, never got my correct pay, I worked there for 10 weeks and all of my colleagues have already left and so did I, chicken would be left out for 2 two days and then served after that, meet would be reheated from the night before. All of my colleagues were amazing except the manager, he would sleep in the kitchen, would drink 3-4 bottles of wine a night, straight out of the bottle

Pros

great work colleagues

Cons

everything else was bad, no overtime pay, no breaks, barely any shifts, poor management

Do not work here

This place sucked like seriously I got an interview at Lonestar rib house Blacktown to become a waiter and they gave me a job trial instead of putting me on the floor serving customers the manager got me to clean down his backroom sweep up cigarette butts pressure hose down the back room and got me to stand on a rocky bar fridge and change lights which were still switched on while I changed them and I had no experience changing lights which break numerous work health and safety guideline instead of actually seeing what I could do the manager used me for free labor I was cleaning that room for hours waiting for the manager to give me my next task only to walk to his office to see him sleeping on his desk this place is unprofessional and does not care for its workers at all

Cons

Unprofessional

Lone Star’s toxic culture made me leave the hospitality industry

During my time at Lone Star, the management was terrible and often hostile. Almost every week the roster was put out the day before the new work week began, and multiple times there were changes made to the roster throughout the week without notifying staff (including myself). On top of this, the head chef was hostile and borderline abusive if any mistakes were made (despite making various mistakes himself like cooking the wrong cut of steak, sending out wrong sauces, under/over cooking steaks, ect ect). Myself and multiple other kitchen staff avoided working directly with the head chef and the motto between us was “heads down, keep quiet” as to not aggravate the head chef, owner, or manager. I consider myself a very relaxed, happy, anxiety free person, but after working at Lone Star, I found myself on the verge of a nervous breakdown before each shift from the anxiety of not knowing what each shift would bring, and having multiple panic attacks during shifts. This is the only job that has made me legitimately vomit in the morning before a shift from anxiety, as well as also have the owner walk in the kitchen and throw food at me and the floor. Between the toxic culture and aggressive management and higher staff, I couldn’t recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Decent pay, free soda during shifts, friendly FoH staff

Cons

Toxic workplace culture, aggressive management, negative reinforcement.

The Single Worst Place I Have Ever Worked

The most non-constructive, demeaning, and demoralising work environment I have ever been in. They charge you for the price of the mandatory uniform, the owner drinks beers all day and only ever stops to intimidate the workers he thinks are 'slow', strong culture of negative reinforcement. The assistant managers are nice (if a little patronising) and the floor staff are kind but the general manager and owner are simply awful. Despite all of this, it is very easy to get a job there (because so many people quit after the first shift) and it pays decently but for the sake of your mental and physical health I would avoid Lone Star like the plague.

Was alright.

Had to learn the line dance aswell as the birthday song. Sometimes you'll get them American guest who just miss home or want to cheak it out who tip the waitress heaps.

The Management was just appalling

Each day I worked the manager made it their mission to ostracise me and not feel particularly welcomed. However all my co-workers, some of the most understanding people I've met. I wish I had something nice to say about working there but each day working there was just too stressful because of the constant changes from higher management and the constant unease from having the manager essentially try and sabotage some of us from doing our jobs properly.

often paid late

The armosphere and coworker relations were good. Great people to work with and there were pretty decnt training opportunities, however the managment and onwership were awful and unhelpful. We were regularly paid late and incorrectly also.

Fun workplace with good and helpful staff

Has been a good time but not what i am looking for but overall a fun and enjoyable workplace to be apart of, management is helpful for any enquirers and work well as a group to successfully run the restaurant.

productive and fun workplace

working at loan star helped me learn good leader ships skills and to have good time management, it also helped with my confidence, the people i worked with were so friendly which is a great environment to be surround by.

Pros

if you work an all day you got a free lunch and also 50% off all meals beside ribs

Cons

would work late into the night and some days would get home til 11pm sometimes even 12am

Almost everything good

People are fun working,with good environment,learned to work in fast pace with different people from different country,management was good, motivating and courageous working and teach the basis of many personality development skills like communication

Pros

free lunches

Great Restaurant

Lone Star Rib House is a very good restaurant. It was a good experience to work there. The staff where all so friendly and I learnt a lot working there.

Love my job, management needs work

My store is great. Our staff get along great and work together really well. The pay is good (restaurant industry award rates) and the work is engaging and interesting. However certain managers are disorganised, inconsistent and sometimes downright mean. Staff as a whole are regularly accused of being lazy or incompetent by management and are publicly called out on social media pages as a first method of problem solving. We are also overstaffed but management is still trialling new people when our current staff already don't get enough hours.

Pros

Generous staff discounts, good pay, great coworkers, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Lack of hours, over staffing, poor and inconsistent management

Management problems

When I was there I was an all rounder waitress, the environment I was working in was very tense. The management wasn't up to standards and could use a lot more improvements.

Pros

Paid well

Cons

its a great job and the food is amazing

really fun environment to work enjoyed it alot it was great i wouldn't turn down an opportunity to work here good bosses and food is great people a vibe rent

Pros

good money fair rules

Great pay average management

Work was good for the money management needed fixing, needs more fixed work hours, need to learn how to train new people properly

Productive workplace

fast passed work in a friendly environment with good moments even on the stressful nights. Everyone would help however needed any thing and it gave a family feeling to the whole experiance

Pros

friendly staff and rewarding work

Cons

late hours

Lone Star Rib House is a good place to work.

The whole atmosphere at Lone Star Rib House Is amazing, the staff are friendly and easy to work with, customers are happy to come back and have a chat with you. The reason I'm seeking a second job is the lack of hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Rib House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lone Star Rib House with