lovisa Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work at
RETAIL ASSISTANT & STYLIST (SENIOR MEMBER) (Current Employee) –  New South Wales30 October 2018
The management is bad. They change the roster whenever they want and sometimes the day before and expect you to work even if you have plans for the day. They force you to come in even if you are sick and can provide proof of sickness if they are unable to find a cover. On top of that they can be extremely rude with the way they handle objections regarding any matter. Also during non-busy periods you get very minimal hours such as 3 hours per week. If you're looking for something with more stable hours then this is not the place for you.

There are some benefits such as team discounts and a fun group of team members to work with.
Pros
half price on jewellery
Cons
Too many
Okay for a temporary job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2019
Management was really harsh and not friendly, gave barely any shifts which was very disappointing as I wasn't able to learn much or get much experience in retail. Everyone there also hates higher up, and the rewards and salary are horrible
Stay away - not worthy of any star rating
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorn VIC13 December 2018
The worst working environment I’ve experienced. No one knows how to manage a team from your direct manager to upper management.
Everyone plays the blame game and you end up being punished for things you didn’t do.

I was bullied and worked to the absolute core. Working from 7.30am to sometimes 11.30pm at night and not even being acknowledged for it, instead blamed and made to feel that I was doing a bad job for idiotic reasons.

My direct manager lied about me to upper management because of her own insecurities and instead of upper management handling the situation like professionals I was made to feel extremely unwelcome and bullied.

Do not bother working here, it’s toxic, a disgusting environment. No one is friends because everyone is competing with each other, there’s no culture and no friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Pay is ridiculously low for the amount of work you do. And don’t expect a promotion for being good at your job but instead sucking up to the buying manager and director.

It was a nightmare, there’s so many companies that know how to treat employees with respect, don’t waste your time here.
Pros
You have a job and get paid (minimal)
Cons
EVERYTHING Environment, culture, long hours, work load, bad pay, disgraceful management, ego's galore
Below minimum pay rates and unfair hours
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  New South Wales21 March 2018
The atmosphere is really good, but I was getting below minimum wage at $10.50 an hour for a 16 year old, I didn't get a pay raise as I got older. When there were sale pack downs and set ups we stayed back until 11pm-1am on a school night with NO extra pay!! As well as no extra pay on Sundays! I worked for about 4 hours a week and they taxed me as well, when I make no where near the minimum salary to be taxed!!! There was favouritism within the employees, we were compared to one another and judged on our abilities. There was a lot of stress working in the store, as we had really really high standards and expectations.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Below minimum wage pay, minimal hours, no overtime pay, no extra pay on Sundays, .
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
Was paid terribly on a "part-time" (defined as consistent fortnightly hours) basis but they cut my hours down to as little as 6 a week. Managers constantly changing, Sales expectations too high, stock extremely fiddly. My teammates were fun and nice but regional managers rude and intimidating. Presentation expectations high (was told off for wearing black jeans), expectation to wear & purchase new jewellery all the time
Pros
50% Discounts
Cons
Horrible management, bad pay, bad hours, bad culture
Fast paced environment
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC15 October 2018
I was hired as a Christmas Casual but then put on a Part Time contract so they could pay me less. I would get 1-5 shifts a week (more shifts during the busy period) and they would be 3-8 hours long.

Store management and team were supportive and friendly, but Head Office weren't encouraging, supportive, or professional. Other team members also had troubles with management.

Daily tasks were simple and generally easy to complete. I was thrown in the deep end and had to ask for help a fair bit because some things weren't explained well.
Great working environment with fabulous team members
Part-time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW21 November 2018
The work atmosphere at Lovisa is incredible, with fabulous team members and store management that like to help out and make work a happy and enjoyable place to be.
Cons
terrible management system.
Great environment and supportive workplace.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  WA14 January 2019
Very good culture, felt very supported by the managers and other staff. I learnt a lot while I was working there but I did struggle to get many shifts.
Not Bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD5 October 2018
The company was great to work for but found it hard to put their employee's wellbeing first. The work culture is well put together but not stuck to, great job for someone with no pressure on them.
Don't even bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD16 April 2017
I'm not even sure where to start with this company. They're a lawsuit waiting to happen. I was a manager in the Bundaberg store and didn't even last 6 months, the regional and area managers had a bullying culture and belittled you in front of customers. My team was terribly trained, lazy and not accepting at all. It was filled with gossip, bullying and degradation, you would constantly be told you're doing everything wrong and never praised when doing things right. Starting work hours earlier and leaving hours after you're supposed to, sometimes being told by security to leave at night and never getting paid for it. Rosters changes without your consent, constant micro managing. I can go on and on but in all honesty. Don't work here. Just save yourself the trouble.
Pros
40% off cheap jewellery that always breaks
Cons
I don't even know where to start. The list is too long
Uneasy 11 months
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW4 June 2018
I disliked most things about working for this company and firmly believe the staff and management contributed immensely to my stress and dislike for the job. The constant change in management, the poor workplace culture and turnout rate (10 girls left in 11 months) only proves this further.
Great introduction into Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Macarthur NSW14 October 2018
Lovisa was my first retail job, really enjoyed the people I worked with. Found the targets were reachable and expectations weren't too ridiculous. Great staff discounts of products!
Pros
Face to face interaction
Cons
Upselling
Fun and Upbeat
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW13 December 2018
Lovisa allows for fun and enthusiastic employees to let their creativity and desire for fashion to grow. Allows employees to learn sales and customer experience.
Not worth it
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Queensland20 May 2018
I worked over Christmas for Lovisa and the work it’s self was fun and most of the girls where really nice and supporting. But they didn’t listen to my availability and had me doing every shift I said I couldn’t do. The regional managers are very pushy and blame you for no sales even if there has only been 2 people in the store while you where on. I was also put on opening and closing shifts without actually been shown properly how to do them. You are expected to show EVERY customer the add ons even if you can tell they couldn’t care less. Also most of the time they only give you 3 hours a week.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Most things
productive and lively workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW9 August 2018
lovisa had great and friendly staff that were easy to get on with and were like a big family, the customers were great to interact with and the environment was exactly what i was looking for, i looked forward to working every shift i got.
Pros
great staff, fun environment
horrible.
Part time stylist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW5 March 2018
Lovisa jewellery is an absolute joke. Never worked for a more disgraceful company and wouldn't recommend this job to anyone! The management team are awful girls who do not care about the well being of their staff. They have high and unreasonable expectations of their staff, when there is a sale coming up, during the sale set up they have their staff work until 1am unpaid and not aloud to leave until everything is completed, when their rostered shift was finishing at 10. The wage is minimal wage and for the amount of effort and hard work you need to put into a place like this it is definitely not worth it!
Exciting Retail Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  NSW26 January 2018
Lovisa is a leading brand in jewellery and as such, it is a very fast-paced environment. For the most part it is a fantastic company to work for, but the current upper management is out of touch with being in a store and only care about meeting targets. Extra work at home is required on managers parts and constant contact for even a team member working 3 hours a week is expected.
Pros
Constant change, fast paced, great discount, fun company culture
Cons
Extra work expected, poor upper management, high expectations, unrealistic timeframes for tasks, late nights (some until 12am), early 7am starts regularly
Fun People, Demanding Job
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New South Wales9 January 2018
Within Lovisa there's never a resting moment, you are always on your feet greeting customers, making sales and ensuring the store the cleaned top to bottom. This fast paced work life can be demanding for some people and sometimes stressful. Although the friendships made with team members and managers are some of the strongest relationships made. The team supports one another and looks out for each other making the workplace one where you can be yourself and enjoy the Lovisa lifestyle.
Pros
The people, great discounts!
Cons
Many tasks, always on your feet
productive
Sales assistant/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 July 2018
A really good company, providing the needed training for your to present yourself to the customer. customer focused company, fast paced retail enviroment
Organized
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ringwood VIC3 July 2018
every hour is organized.
best organizational values.
proper training and guidance for starters.
No gossip rule.
Supportive staff, and a positive environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pressure