lovisa Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Queensland20 May 2018
I worked over Christmas for Lovisa and the work it’s self was fun and most of the girls where really nice and supporting. But they didn’t listen to my availability and had me doing every shift I said I couldn’t do. The regional managers are very pushy and blame you for no sales even if there has only been 2 people in the store while you where on. I was also put on opening and closing shifts without actually been shown properly how to do them. You are expected to show EVERY customer the add ons even if you can tell they couldn’t care less. Also most of the time they only give you 3 hours a week.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Most things
Boring and Rude
Part-time Retailer (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW10 May 2018
Expect you to but new jewelry every week. You get in trouble if you don't sell product or make budget. Have to dress as they plan. No sneakers, Strapless, no JEAN OR DENIM .
Pros
50% jewelry
Cons
Below minimum pay rates and unfair hours
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  New South Wales21 March 2018
The atmosphere is really good, but I was getting below minimum wage at $10.50 an hour for a 16 year old, I didn't get a pay raise as I got older. When there were sale pack downs and set ups we stayed back until 11pm-1am on a school night with NO extra pay!! As well as no extra pay on Sundays! I worked for about 4 hours a week and they taxed me as well, when I make no where near the minimum salary to be taxed!!! There was favouritism within the employees, we were compared to one another and judged on our abilities. There was a lot of stress working in the store, as we had really really high standards and expectations.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Below minimum wage pay, minimal hours, no overtime pay, no extra pay on Sundays, .
horrible.
Part time stylist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW5 March 2018
Lovisa jewellery is an absolute joke. Never worked for a more disgraceful company and wouldn't recommend this job to anyone! The management team are awful girls who do not care about the well being of their staff. They have high and unreasonable expectations of their staff, when there is a sale coming up, during the sale set up they have their staff work until 1am unpaid and not aloud to leave until everything is completed, when their rostered shift was finishing at 10. The wage is minimal wage and for the amount of effort and hard work you need to put into a place like this it is definitely not worth it!
Great environment and coworkers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW1 February 2018
Worked as a part-timer, loved the job itself, however hours and pay were subpar. I was getting $12.99 per hour (as a 17 year old) and would sometimes find myself only getting 3 hours per week.
Pros
Great atmosphere, team discount
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
poor management
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW narellan31 January 2018
overall my experience working at lovisa was the worst job ive come across. I was lucky I got out of that company fast. the management towards staff is horrible and the expectations of their staff was disgraceful.
Pros
half discount on jewellry
Cons
poor hours and bad bad pay
Horrific
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavill Avenue QLD17 January 2018
visit glassdoor.com and look at the negative reviews on there, they will tell you ll you need to know including my one. kpis are impossible you're expected to act like a robot with none of your own personality.
honestly go to glassdoor and read mine and many other people's negative reviews. It's surprising that place is still open.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun People, Demanding Job
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New South Wales9 January 2018
Within Lovisa there's never a resting moment, you are always on your feet greeting customers, making sales and ensuring the store the cleaned top to bottom. This fast paced work life can be demanding for some people and sometimes stressful. Although the friendships made with team members and managers are some of the strongest relationships made. The team supports one another and looks out for each other making the workplace one where you can be yourself and enjoy the Lovisa lifestyle.
Pros
The people, great discounts!
Cons
Many tasks, always on your feet
A very varied position
working the tills
communicating with team mates
tracking sales
achieving sales targets
Unorganised management and lack of good job culture
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 December 2017
I worked here for 2 years and watched management come and go, the inconsistency in management and the lack of respect to 'senior' team members ultimately lead to my entire team quitting in one go. The manner in which staff were being treated was disrespectful and new management disallowed the growth of employees and the opportunities that were offered to us by past management.
Horrible
Performing sales (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 November 2017
You are bullied by your regional mangers daily!!! Unrealistic sales targets and just overall too hard on the poor girls. I lasted about 2 months but ended up having to leave from extreme stress!
would not recommend it to anyone, in fact I urge you not to work there.
Pros
great group of girls
Cons
Regional managers are bullies
Productive and fast paced enjoyable environment
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD13 November 2017
I loved working with all the girls and enjoyed the selections of music. Was fantastic first Job to gain experience in customer service and cash handle ect. Working towards goals is my area as i am goal orientated. The managers were friends and encouraging.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
small workspace
Management needs extreme work.
Werribee Part-time (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC12 November 2017
Management plays favourites with staff and lacks communication. very unorganised. New staff having to chase up own shifts or trying to get put onto the roster even. very stressful.
Pros
cheap discounts
Cons
lack of communication
Can be fun
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2017
very busy at times. expectation is very high. sometimes gets tough as so much things to do , mutitasking is a must . most staff are goo. mangers can be a bit tough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stress is high
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA18 October 2017
Really good workplace with great opportunities, the managers are hardworking and always ask your availability so if your'e a student this job is great as they are flexible.
Worst company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW29 September 2017
I was hired as a store manager and lasted 1 month!!! Regionals are bullies have absolutely no communication skills, are negative and don't understand that you can't force people to buy the rubbish products that they sell. Unrealistic expectations and absolutely no support. Regionals expect you to check on your store on your days off and have no faith in the staff. Worst place I have ever worked at!!!!
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Where do i start!!!
fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW10 September 2017
super fun and nice group of girls! I had a really fun time working there and would recommend it o everyone, especially to younger girls maybe . between 17 ad 25 ish
Good First/ Christmas Casual Job
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2017
Working as a Christmas Casual at Lovisa was my first job. I received helpful training and my managers and co-workers were very helpful and understanding. I enjoyed my time and i was happy with the pay for my first job!
Pros
Great training, helpful staff
The best job I've have since
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Victoria Building NSW24 July 2017
A typical day at work is not normally too busy to the point I feel overwhelmed, I would have 2 other workers with me.
I have learnt to find a good middle ground between friendly and professional.
Management was very friendly yet professional, which I've learnt to become more of.
The workplace culture was not very diverse, but everyone got along.
The hardest part of my job was letting it go because of schooling.
The most enjoyable part was the staff - the friends I made.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short hours
Semi-ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW29 June 2017
To be fairly honest, I think that the regional managers are very hard on the sale assistants and store managers. From my experience, we had several groups each month due to the regionals behaviour towards the team. They are crazy sales-driven and will do anything to make big sales. I've had to buy some add-ons myself because I wasn't meeting the "requirements" and I wasn't "trying hard enough". It's a tough company to work with, considering that the jewellery is not purely real.
Pros
Good work colleagues, dressing up, team-piece jewellery to wear, 50% discount
Cons
Short hours, underpaid, higher management, impossible expectations