lovisa Employee Reviews

Very average
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Queensland11 March 2019
The job itself is okay but management is the worst I’ve ever experienced in a retail company. Very belittling, run by fear. They only focus on the negative and the expectations are just not realistic, but they don’t care.
Pros
Discount
fun teams
Manger, Assistant Manager and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD4 March 2019
worked a lot of hours for free.
learnt a lot from this job.
made some life long friends.
developed customer service skills from this job.
enjoyed the music
Pretty sick job just not good management or pay
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA27 February 2019
I love working here but to get in contact with regionals is very hard, rosters are alright but you need to be available 24/7 to get good hours and the pay sucks unfortunately. Like I earn 12.99 but the girl who’s a year older gets 15.49 there’s a lot of jumps in pay.

The dress code should change! But if you get a good store and manager you won’t mind working so little or much
Pros
50% jewellery, good managers
Cons
Not enough hours, lunch breaks aren’t payed for
Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC 322016 February 2019
Christmas Casual Team Member, November 2017-December 2017
Lovisa – Geelong, 3220
• Clean and set up the store
• Work shifts in the store on my own
• Work on the cash register
• Report and deal with theft
• Answer and make phone calls
Don't work here
Part-Time Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 February 2019
This company is so fundamentally flawed. The dress code is crazy, you are expected to constantly be buying new product, which even with a 50% discount, takes a fair bit of your meagre salary.
You are given no recognition for things you do well, but if you do something wrong you are berated and made to feel like an absolutely idiot.
They expect you to consistently stay behind for over an hour to close the store properly, clean it and restock items, without pay. It's ridiculous.
Their whole corporate culture is just so backwards.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace though can get tedious in the long-term
Stylist (Former Employee) –  South Australia20 January 2019
Loved my time working at Lovisa due to having an amazing team and manager, though higher-up management often ignore requests and suggestions of team members. Very competitive with KPIs and often too much pressure from higher up - though pressure/success can depend on direct manager and team. Overall loved it for the first year or so, though regular work backs (often until middle of the night), unreasonable split shifts and questionable sale systems/processes make working at Lovisa long-term quite tiring.
Pros
great discounts, generally positive culture, amazing product
Cons
long work backs, KPI pressure, split shifts
Okay for a temporary job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2019
Management was really harsh and not friendly, gave barely any shifts which was very disappointing as I wasn't able to learn much or get much experience in retail. Everyone there also hates higher up, and the rewards and salary are horrible
Great environment and supportive workplace.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  WA14 January 2019
Very good culture, felt very supported by the managers and other staff. I learnt a lot while I was working there but I did struggle to get many shifts.
Stay away - not worthy of any star rating
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorn VIC13 December 2018
The worst working environment I’ve experienced. No one knows how to manage a team from your direct manager to upper management.
Everyone plays the blame game and you end up being punished for things you didn’t do.

I was bullied and worked to the absolute core. Working from 7.30am to sometimes 11.30pm at night and not even being acknowledged for it, instead blamed and made to feel that I was doing a bad job for idiotic reasons.

My direct manager lied about me to upper management because of her own insecurities and instead of upper management handling the situation like professionals I was made to feel extremely unwelcome and bullied.

Do not bother working here, it’s toxic, a disgusting environment. No one is friends because everyone is competing with each other, there’s no culture and no friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Pay is ridiculously low for the amount of work you do. And don’t expect a promotion for being good at your job but instead sucking up to the buying manager and director.

It was a nightmare, there’s so many companies that know how to treat employees with respect, don’t waste your time here.
Pros
You have a job and get paid (minimal)
Cons
EVERYTHING Environment, culture, long hours, work load, bad pay, disgraceful management, ego's galore
Fun and Upbeat
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW13 December 2018
Lovisa allows for fun and enthusiastic employees to let their creativity and desire for fashion to grow. Allows employees to learn sales and customer experience.
Great working environment with fabulous team members
Part-time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW21 November 2018
The work atmosphere at Lovisa is incredible, with fabulous team members and store management that like to help out and make work a happy and enjoyable place to be.
Cons
terrible management system.
Not the best place to work at
RETAIL ASSISTANT & STYLIST (SENIOR MEMBER) (Current Employee) –  New South Wales30 October 2018
The management is bad. They change the roster whenever they want and sometimes the day before and expect you to work even if you have plans for the day. They force you to come in even if you are sick and can provide proof of sickness if they are unable to find a cover. On top of that they can be extremely rude with the way they handle objections regarding any matter. Also during non-busy periods you get very minimal hours such as 3 hours per week. If you're looking for something with more stable hours then this is not the place for you.

There are some benefits such as team discounts and a fun group of team members to work with.
Pros
half price on jewellery
Cons
Too many
Fast paced environment
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC15 October 2018
I was hired as a Christmas Casual but then put on a Part Time contract so they could pay me less. I would get 1-5 shifts a week (more shifts during the busy period) and they would be 3-8 hours long.

Store management and team were supportive and friendly, but Head Office weren't encouraging, supportive, or professional. Other team members also had troubles with management.

Daily tasks were simple and generally easy to complete. I was thrown in the deep end and had to ask for help a fair bit because some things weren't explained well.
Great introduction into Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Macarthur NSW14 October 2018
Lovisa was my first retail job, really enjoyed the people I worked with. Found the targets were reachable and expectations weren't too ridiculous. Great staff discounts of products!
Pros
Face to face interaction
Cons
Upselling
Not Bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD5 October 2018
The company was great to work for but found it hard to put their employee's wellbeing first. The work culture is well put together but not stuck to, great job for someone with no pressure on them.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
Was paid terribly on a "part-time" (defined as consistent fortnightly hours) basis but they cut my hours down to as little as 6 a week. Managers constantly changing, Sales expectations too high, stock extremely fiddly. My teammates were fun and nice but regional managers rude and intimidating. Presentation expectations high (was told off for wearing black jeans), expectation to wear & purchase new jewellery all the time
Pros
50% Discounts
Cons
Horrible management, bad pay, bad hours, bad culture
productive and lively workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW9 August 2018
lovisa had great and friendly staff that were easy to get on with and were like a big family, the customers were great to interact with and the environment was exactly what i was looking for, i looked forward to working every shift i got.
Pros
great staff, fun environment
productive
Sales assistant/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 July 2018
A really good company, providing the needed training for your to present yourself to the customer. customer focused company, fast paced retail enviroment
Organized
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ringwood VIC3 July 2018
every hour is organized.
best organizational values.
proper training and guidance for starters.
No gossip rule.
Supportive staff, and a positive environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pressure
Uneasy 11 months
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW4 June 2018
I disliked most things about working for this company and firmly believe the staff and management contributed immensely to my stress and dislike for the job. The constant change in management, the poor workplace culture and turnout rate (10 girls left in 11 months) only proves this further.