lovisa Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work at
RETAIL ASSISTANT & STYLIST (SENIOR MEMBER) (Current Employee) –  New South Wales30 October 2018
The management is bad. They change the roster whenever they want and sometimes the day before and expect you to work even if you have plans for the day. They force you to come in even if you are sick and can provide proof of sickness if they are unable to find a cover. On top of that they can be extremely rude with the way they handle objections regarding any matter. Also during non-busy periods you get very minimal hours such as 3 hours per week. If you're looking for something with more stable hours then this is not the place for you.

There are some benefits such as team discounts and a fun group of team members to work with.
Pros
half price on jewellery
Cons
Too many
Great introduction into Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Macarthur NSW14 October 2018
Lovisa was my first retail job, really enjoyed the people I worked with. Found the targets were reachable and expectations weren't too ridiculous. Great staff discounts of products!
Pros
Face to face interaction
Cons
Upselling
Not Bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD5 October 2018
The company was great to work for but found it hard to put their employee's wellbeing first. The work culture is well put together but not stuck to, great job for someone with no pressure on them.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
Was paid terribly on a "part-time" (defined as consistent fortnightly hours) basis but they cut my hours down to as little as 6 a week. Managers constantly changing, Sales expectations too high, stock extremely fiddly. My teammates were fun and nice but regional managers rude and intimidating. Presentation expectations high (was told off for wearing black jeans), expectation to wear & purchase new jewellery all the time
Pros
50% Discounts
Cons
Horrible management, bad pay, bad hours, bad culture
productive and lively workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW9 August 2018
lovisa had great and friendly staff that were easy to get on with and were like a big family, the customers were great to interact with and the environment was exactly what i was looking for, i looked forward to working every shift i got.
Pros
great staff, fun environment
productive
Sales assistant/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 July 2018
A really good company, providing the needed training for your to present yourself to the customer. customer focused company, fast paced retail enviroment
Organized
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ringwood VIC3 July 2018
every hour is organized.
best organizational values.
proper training and guidance for starters.
No gossip rule.
Supportive staff, and a positive environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pressure
Uneasy 11 months
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW4 June 2018
I disliked most things about working for this company and firmly believe the staff and management contributed immensely to my stress and dislike for the job. The constant change in management, the poor workplace culture and turnout rate (10 girls left in 11 months) only proves this further.
Not worth it
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Queensland20 May 2018
I worked over Christmas for Lovisa and the work it’s self was fun and most of the girls where really nice and supporting. But they didn’t listen to my availability and had me doing every shift I said I couldn’t do. The regional managers are very pushy and blame you for no sales even if there has only been 2 people in the store while you where on. I was also put on opening and closing shifts without actually been shown properly how to do them. You are expected to show EVERY customer the add ons even if you can tell they couldn’t care less. Also most of the time they only give you 3 hours a week.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Most things
management
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Karrinyup WA15 May 2018
i've learnt a lot in running different grades of store that lovisa has. it was a good company but very not so strict with return policy. the security as wll is very little.

Want to know more about lovisa?

Ask a question
Boring and Rude
Part-time Retailer (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW10 May 2018
Expect you to but new jewelry every week. You get in trouble if you don't sell product or make budget. Have to dress as they plan. No sneakers, Strapless, no JEAN OR DENIM .
Pros
50% jewelry
Cons
Below minimum pay rates and unfair hours
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  New South Wales21 March 2018
The atmosphere is really good, but I was getting below minimum wage at $10.50 an hour for a 16 year old, I didn't get a pay raise as I got older. When there were sale pack downs and set ups we stayed back until 11pm-1am on a school night with NO extra pay!! As well as no extra pay on Sundays! I worked for about 4 hours a week and they taxed me as well, when I make no where near the minimum salary to be taxed!!! There was favouritism within the employees, we were compared to one another and judged on our abilities. There was a lot of stress working in the store, as we had really really high standards and expectations.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Below minimum wage pay, minimal hours, no overtime pay, no extra pay on Sundays, .
horrible.
Part time stylist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW5 March 2018
Lovisa jewellery is an absolute joke. Never worked for a more disgraceful company and wouldn't recommend this job to anyone! The management team are awful girls who do not care about the well being of their staff. They have high and unreasonable expectations of their staff, when there is a sale coming up, during the sale set up they have their staff work until 1am unpaid and not aloud to leave until everything is completed, when their rostered shift was finishing at 10. The wage is minimal wage and for the amount of effort and hard work you need to put into a place like this it is definitely not worth it!
Great environment and coworkers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW1 February 2018
Worked as a part-timer, loved the job itself, however hours and pay were subpar. I was getting $12.99 per hour (as a 17 year old) and would sometimes find myself only getting 3 hours per week.
Pros
Great atmosphere, team discount
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
poor management
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW narellan31 January 2018
overall my experience working at lovisa was the worst job ive come across. I was lucky I got out of that company fast. the management towards staff is horrible and the expectations of their staff was disgraceful.
Pros
half discount on jewellry
Cons
poor hours and bad bad pay
Exciting Retail Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  NSW26 January 2018
Lovisa is a leading brand in jewellery and as such, it is a very fast-paced environment. For the most part it is a fantastic company to work for, but the current upper management is out of touch with being in a store and only care about meeting targets. Extra work at home is required on managers parts and constant contact for even a team member working 3 hours a week is expected.
Pros
Constant change, fast paced, great discount, fun company culture
Cons
Extra work expected, poor upper management, high expectations, unrealistic timeframes for tasks, late nights (some until 12am), early 7am starts regularly
Horrific
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavill Avenue QLD17 January 2018
visit glassdoor.com and look at the negative reviews on there, they will tell you ll you need to know including my one. kpis are impossible you're expected to act like a robot with none of your own personality.
honestly go to glassdoor and read mine and many other people's negative reviews. It's surprising that place is still open.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A lot of responsibility for a young worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD14 January 2018
I was given a lot of jobs to do and was heavly relied on during my first few shifts
management was not that fantastic
herevwere many times they would let things slide for their friends
Fun People, Demanding Job
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New South Wales9 January 2018
Within Lovisa there's never a resting moment, you are always on your feet greeting customers, making sales and ensuring the store the cleaned top to bottom. This fast paced work life can be demanding for some people and sometimes stressful. Although the friendships made with team members and managers are some of the strongest relationships made. The team supports one another and looks out for each other making the workplace one where you can be yourself and enjoy the Lovisa lifestyle.
Pros
The people, great discounts!
Cons
Many tasks, always on your feet
A very varied position