lovisa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

lovisa Employee Reviews

Australia123 reviews
I have met many great leaders and coworkers at Lovisa, as well as some leaders who are perhaps still figuring out how to best motivate and deal with employees. Working in a flagship store is dynamic and fun, however as an Assistant Manager or Manager the work responsibilities are fairy intense. I have been team member, ASM and SM - the workload increases in intensity fairy dramatically as you get promoted. This job suits those with lots of energy and drive to progress. You can get promoted really easily here to an Assistant Manager or Manager (if you make your want for progression known).

The values of the company higher-ups is where it goes down for me. The amount of plastic used by the company is truly astounding - each store throws out thousands and thousands of little plastic bags every single week. It's also quite obvious that the company is fully devoted to the bottom line. They jump on 'international women's day' and 'help the environment' trains to appeal to market trends, meanwhile the product is imported from various countries with extremely poor working conditions. Not to mention the jewellery itself if faulty or overstocked gets dumped into landfill.

It's really fun dressing up all the jewellery (50% discount too), and if you put your passion and energy into the work you get really engrossed in it. Most people who work there are young too. So there are good and bad things about the job.
Pros
50% discount, dynamic environment
Cons
Quite high work load, questionable company values
No no no. Run, trust me.
The way they push kpi and targets is absolute insanity and it is honestly like big brother is watching with the amount of dig offs that have to be sent. I think the whole purpose of the regionals is to check off sign offs and call people that aren’t doing well, even though a call full of being told you’re not doing good enough doesn’t actually change the attitudes of the people on the floor, and if anything makes it worse
Pros
50% discount on full price items
Cons
Management is not trained on how to manage
Worked for this company for only 7 months and as soon as I started I wanted to leave. First of all the training wasn’t even there you learn absolutely nothing and I was going into a managing roll in the company so I was taught basically how to be a Christmas casual and then when starting they made me do things on my own I had no idea how to and them got in trouble if I did it wrong.

underpaid and working over hours that you aren’t even getting paid for and with job Keeper putting people on 9 hours and others on 36 hours and still getting paid the same? The dress code is stupid and you can’t express yourself as a stylist yet wanting you to style customers. Management are rude and entitled on a huge ego trip and act super intimidating so when you are actually unwell or going through something your almost to scared to even ask for a day off. Will literally have a go over the store having no customers and asking why you made no money when literally no one came in.

When resigning from this company my regional manager called me and was questioning why I was leaving and also asking where and got upset I didn’t tell her when for one it’s absolutely none of her business where I go or why I leave and didn’t speak to me for the whole last week and didn’t receive even a thank you for my time as I worked in 4 stores and tried my hardest. When I had my last week they put me on 38 hours and I was drained and called my regional manager and I told her my mental health can’t handle this and I was asked why I hadn’t spoken to anyone about it yet not once ever was made to comfortable to
 - more...
Pros
The discount and some girls you work with
Cons
the whole entire company
The most dreadful job I've ever had. Management is absolutely terrible, constantly forcing and putting a ton of stress on team members. Area managers have no respect for anyone and are always putting the hard work onto others just to benefit themselves. Ridiculous expectations when it comes to KPI's and selling. Felt bullied by management. Expect you to stay back and come early to work which they do not pay you for whatsoever. They give you no shifts unless you're shoving sales/add on's down customers throats, they just make rosters based on whatever suits them. Don't even care about their staff's health and safety if it's making them money. Very greedy company, want the money for themselves and don't want to pay their staff.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, no respect for their employees
I was told i was a disappointment by my manger and bullied, talked about behind my back. You are told to get there 15 mins before you shift which is unpaid. If you don’t annoy customers and pester them about buying “add ons” you don’t get any shifts. i worked over time many times and was never paid for that. I had 2 managers in 5 months and about 2 months we had to run the store our self. I was told to shove baskets in customers faces and make them have them I brought up with my regional manager that i was getting bullied and she did nothing about it. ( it wasn’t just me who was getting bullied and brought it up with her)
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
It was a very stressful work environment. I never felt fully trained in my job. I felt constantly watched and critiqued while I was working, because I was and if I didn't sell enough I was made to feel like I had failed for the day. It was a very negative environment to work in.
I was on my feet all day, I wasn't allowed bathroom breaks, I barely got normal breaks. My manager hated her job, literally wanted to kill herself. We weren't allowed to put in our actual hours because they didn't want to pay us. I was part time but didn't get sick days or annual leave. I was forced to work hours with no pay or face losing my job.
poor training, no hours, promised hours were not fulfilled. The manager was unreliable. assistant manager said more hours were deserved, they clearly didnt care about their employees livelihood
- I feel most stall are very undertrained
- Late hours and over time that is not paid for

- management feel unapproachable

- Minimal hours provided however often called in few hours before to pick up shifts

- very competitive between stores
working here is only okay if you are super passionate about KPIs and if you’re okay with the constant change of shifts. You will never get a set amount of shifts unless you are a store manager so it’s not guaranteed you earn the same amount of money every week. They put a lot of pressure on you and you don’t get paid enough to deal with that pressure in my opinion. Take it from a person who’s worked here for two years, it’s a good short time job but not for the long run.
The management at lovisa is poor and unorganised. found it pretty unfair to have to break my back side ways for a company that i cared so much about but was then let off after i was promised a contract.
I do not recommend working at lovisa, they have extremely poor management skills, only put one person on at a time with no overlap of when the next person starts, expects you to work past your shift with no pay, doesn't allow leave, gets angry if you are sick, has a high staff turnover, they change the roster frequently and you can be put on a cover shift no call or any notice/ asking if you can do it, roster hours can change on the day. shifts cancelled hours before. management taking 3 hour long breaks and getting paid for it. this place hires based on looks and if your a young girl. the interview process is just arriving to the store so they can see you and you do a quick paired up activity picking jewellery that matches and that's it. management never help you and you have to contact regional manager for tiny little questions or problems to be solved. you cant go to the toilet and if busting have to call regional to ask if you can...…. your given 15 mins to close but you will most commonly be there an hour after your shift unpaid. opening your recommended to come in 30 mins before your shift, again unpaid. although there was bullying, there was also some nice people.
They do nothing but bully you, and treat you like dirt. You are forced to buy add ons that are terrible quality , and I was told I was a disappointment on atleast 3 occasions.
although the actual people you work with a lovely, management is an absolute nightmare and make this company completely unenjoyable and unbearable to work for. Even though you're hired on a 'part time' contract, don't expect to get more than 1 shift a week (usually 3 hours). The only reason I give it 2/5 is because other workers are lovely and make the job somewhat bearable
Pros
the people you work with are lovely
Cons
literally everything else about this work place sucks
The work environment is great at Lovisa. However, Behind the scenes Management have poor communication skills, no access to payslip, team members work 3 hours a week and work casual hours yet are "part time.", Team members aren't allowed to take leave if one other team member is on leave, team members aren't payed over time when closing etc.
It does not provide support to young workers. In my first week I was asked to close the store by myself, without the required training.

The culture encourages staff to take photos of themselves with the high price sales.
very structured outfit and appearance policy
forcing sales on to customers and giving the an intimidating authority over them.

for people who enjoy stressful environments
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible hours and low pay
This was my first job at Lovisa, and it was a great learning experience. I recommend for any new or experienced retail workers. It is often fast paced, and all about the customer experience.
Underpaid, pay grades moving up with promotions aren't that much different although the workload changes dramatically. Regional management and above are oblivious to the pressure they put on staff and can be quite rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, pay is wrong a lot, too high targets and not enough staff rostered.
So unorganised, sometimes by yourself for 6 hours eg; no break. Barely any training, Managers are no help,
Once had the whole store send in complaints about the manager and even girls from other stores and that manager got

promoted so if that doesn’t show you how much they carr i don’t know what will If you’re part time you don’t have set days or hours you just get what you get week to week, Don’t bother putting in a “request for time off” even a month before because they’ll deny it. Putting only one person on for half the day but management will get angry if sales are

down or if the store is messy.
Pros
Discount and the other girls there
Cons
everything else
At my workplace the regional made 3 girls (including myself) cry. Regional shouted across the shop telling me I wasn’t doing good enough with “add ons.” Worst management I’ve ever dealt with. Minimum wage for high expectations such as piercings ears, you get a name and shame every week of who is performing worst. Doesn’t matter if you’ve worked there a year or a month, there is no loyalty regarding your hours and shifts there.