Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
Featured review
Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd selected this as a representative review
I am very much happy to work at Lowes Manhattan P/L. There are a lot of stores to choose from located at various malls all over Australia. The great experience I enjoyed most was working with different kinds, nationalities of customers to dealt with. I also like the flexible hours, weekends and holidays. The most important thing I like most is having a staff discount card that can help my budget cost when it comes to uniform of my children and casual wears for my husband and son. Its a great pleasure working at Lowes Manhattan P/L.
Pros
have breaks & lunches
Cons
Great work culture, all the staffs are very mature minded and responsible for their roles. Always pay respect to all the customers who are shopping at Lowes.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic they let go of me even though I was a permanent team member- not casual. They didn’t reduce my hours, they simply said your employment is terminated. This is a scary time and they did not offer me any support not even leave without pay. They even were nice enough to say I could finish the week for them if I wish! Truly devastated I left a good company to work for Lowes. They are not the supportive family orientated usiness they claim to be because
Pros
Nil
Cons
Lack if support
As a casual it’s not a bad place to work. They have asked me to go full time but I would never do it. There is way too much stress on the full time staff.
If I decide to work in retail full time I’ll look for something else. It suits me for the short term but I think I can do better. I’m just being lazy as it’s convenient. Nothing good about working here and my manager is not very bright but I get paid on time
The people you work with become your family. The rates are fair. Favouritism plays a major role in who steps up in the company and who doesn't. The company is changing in ways that take away the core values that Lowes once stood for. Lots of changes constantly pop up and disrupt the flow of each and every store. It becomes frustrating.

Loyalty doesn't exactly go a long way in this company, however. It all comes down to who your area manager is, and your store manager is. If they're fair, they will give you a fair go. Loyalty eventually becomes overshadowed by newcomers and if you are old news, you go to the bottom of the list, no matter your drive for making sales or your overall performance. This is more so the case with casuals.

This company is not as casual-friendly as they once were. Be wary of this. The work environment is fun when you get along with your colleagues, but gossip is a danger and can turn the workplace into an uncomfortable environment. Everybody talks. If you want a casual job to bring in some extra money on the side, this is the job to apply for. Do not go head-first into Lowes expecting to make a full-time job out of it, it is not the job to picture yourself lasting 5 or 6 years in. The company is struggling as of now, they cannot give out a fair amount of hours as a result.

Consider some other options before joining the company. Most casuals do not last more than 3 years in this company. They are either advised to look elsewhere for more hours, or go with the flow and stay with the company. No amount of talks with your manager can change things.
 - more...
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay, good range of clothing, majority of customers are friendly.
Cons
Management, toxic work environments (eg. bullying, exclusion, gossip), Head Office, Hours, Loyalty, Fairness, no hours to go around.
This company has some very serious problems at the very senior management levels there is a culture of bullying and harassment yet they put pressure on us to sign up customers to the in store credit card, mystery shoppers and it is our fault if business is slow even if the entire shopping centre is also quiet
Due to the low wages offered it is no wonder good store managers are hard to find or they leave and we are left with the dregs who are hopeless.

Lowes like to say they are" family friendly" " they are not

We work physically hard for low wages yet management do not seem to appreciate us.

Good managers do so much unpaid overtime which is not appreciated by senior management, too much stress is placed on them, they end up sick and leave
Pros
Staff discount if you actually need menswear
Cons
Senior management and lousy wages
Low wages for management with no overtime allowed don’t get paid to open and close
More bullying than support from upper management

High expectations for a low wage low budget store

No room for advancement
Working at Lowes is fine. A typical day involves restocking clothing, performing customer service (taking measurements, assisting those with movement impairments, helping kids and adults alike), sales, emails, phones, working the cash till, and being a general all-rounder in the retail sphere. Some of the upper management personnel (outside of this particular store) were appalling people in all transparency, but from what I know, most are gone now. Staff in-store were absolutely lovely when I was employed. Overall, Lowes is a charming place to work that won't stress you out too much as long as you can put in a bit of effort to perform your role. Not bad.
This would have to be one of the best company's to work for however the pay and bonuses are very very poor. Management are supportive, there is always someone you can ring that will try to help if not put you through to someone who can.
Pros
Great company and co workers
Cons
Poor pay
I've been with Lowes for 6 months and love it! Manager excellent, training excellent, colleagues excellent! I started as a casual member of staff, now PPT. I get to do high duty shifts also. Possibly the best company I've worked for in the last 35 years of employment and definitely the best Manager and Area Manager I've ever had. So on the ball and I personally have never experienced such a great family atmosphere in ANY company I've been employed by. Definitely recommend working for Lowes. I love it!
Pros
Excellent Management team and Staff discount
Cons
I'm only part time!
I have now worked with Lowes for the past 3 years and it has been a great adventure so far. I started with Lowes with little knowledge and over the years the company has invested in developing my skills and knowledge in order to carry out my position within the company. The things i like about Lowes is that it is a family orientated company where everyone is included, there are various individuals with different work experiences and management is very understanding.
Days are up and down if you’re willing to work hard it’s a breeze and you definitely are recognised for your work career options involved with support in your future development as a professional.

Day to day responsibilities aren’t to much to ask and if you feel pressure you always have someone to call for guidance but can become stressful at time like any job really.

Most enjoyable part of the Job is that there is always something new to challenge you and develop your skills.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Slow to medium traffic flow
Amazing team, great culture, high job security once you pass your trial period with flying colours. Very old-school, trusting environment, family friendly management. Do a good job and you will be rewarded with a lot of freedom. Not the best place for slackers as you will be called out on it.
Pros
Coffee machine and free snacks, employee discounts, friendly team
Cons
occassional conflicts (as in any other company)
I have worked for Lowes for over 10 years and find them a great company to work for. Lowes has always accommodated me with a family and work life balance...
Pros
Family company
I would highly recommend applying for a position with Lowes. I enjoy coming into work every day, I would put this down to the fantastic and dedicated team members that I work with and the supportive management team. During my time with Lowes I have worked from a 2IC position into that of a Manager, the training and development that has been offered to me really shows how management invests and develops their people. We have the most wonderful customers and every day with Lowes will bring something new, challenging and rewarding.
Pros
wonderful people and development opportunities
Culture of bullying and harassment that comes from the very top. H.R do nothing about it. Every few months you are told that things are changing but it always stays the same. Simply no respect shown to employees.
Pros
Hard working staff in shops
Cons
Head office bullying
Whole work place are bullies I hated my job.
Don’t waste your time on applying!!

Discount was good that was it.

Management are a big bunch of bullies and don’t listen to staff work problems
Pros
Cons
Heaps
Not the family values business they claim. WA Head management are manipulative two faced bullies. They will diminish any sense of achievement and destroy mental health. Very biased in hiring. HR sits on a throne of dirt swept under the carpet to save face. You can work in store with the best team members but management makes everything acidic.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No development, not paid to expected hours, low salary, no flexible arrangements
If I was able to rate this 0 stars I would. Daily issues regarding registers, HO operations, and customer information, there is no respect for casual workers and room for growth within the company. There is continuous pressure with no reward for hard work and dedication. You are expected to sell their products and sign customers up for in store cards which hold no real value and barely any benefits. Working at Lowes is not worth the time and effort.
Pros
Generally nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Management does not know how to handle conflict and problems within stores and there is little to no direction or support coming from upper management even in tough times when approached for help. No job security. A lot of extra unpaid work is expected and opening and closing of the store is unpaid.
Only upside is staff discount
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Head of People / State Manager put me through stress and led me to depression. I felt targeted to leave
Last 2 years I was going to work with anxiety.
Pros
Good staff discounts.
Cons
Nice stock.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9