Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd selected this as a representative review
great workplace, convenient mall and happy environment
Shop Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2017
I am very much happy to work at Lowes Manhattan P/L. There are a lot of stores to choose from located at various malls all over Australia. The great experience I enjoyed most was working with different kinds, nationalities of customers to dealt with. I also like the flexible hours, weekends and holidays. The most important thing I like most is having a staff discount card that can help my budget cost when it comes to uniform of my children and casual wears for my husband and son. Its a great pleasure working at Lowes Manhattan P/L.
Pros
have breaks & lunches
Horrible Management and HR
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA23 May 2019
Staff feel like they need to constantly watch their back because HR and Management make life miserable and performance manage staff that voice concerns. Very inappropriate leadership with no support. False reviews left on public forums to cover up poor management. If I didn't need to pay the bills I would have been out sooner.
My review on Lowes Manhattan
WHS Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2019
I have now worked with Lowes for the past 3 years and it has been a great adventure so far. I started with Lowes with little knowledge and over the years the company has invested in developing my skills and knowledge in order to carry out my position within the company. The things i like about Lowes is that it is a family orientated company where everyone is included, there are various individuals with different work experiences and management is very understanding.
Great company with very family orientated values
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Western Australia14 May 2019
Days are up and down if you’re willing to work hard it’s a breeze and you definitely are recognised for your work career options involved with support in your future development as a professional.

Day to day responsibilities aren’t to much to ask and if you feel pressure you always have someone to call for guidance but can become stressful at time like any job really.

Most enjoyable part of the Job is that there is always something new to challenge you and develop your skills.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Slow to medium traffic flow
Great work life balance
Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Arncliffe NSW13 May 2019
Amazing team, great culture, high job security once you pass your trial period with flying colours. Very old-school, trusting environment, family friendly management. Do a good job and you will be rewarded with a lot of freedom. Not the best place for slackers as you will be called out on it.
Pros
Coffee machine and free snacks, employee discounts, friendly team
Cons
occassional conflicts (as in any other company)
Great place to work!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Arncliffe NSW13 May 2019
I have worked for Lowes for over 10 years and find them a great company to work for. Lowes has always accommodated me with a family and work life balance...
Pros
Family company
Welcoming family business with opportunities for development
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC13 May 2019
I would highly recommend applying for a position with Lowes. I enjoy coming into work every day, I would put this down to the fantastic and dedicated team members that I work with and the supportive management team. During my time with Lowes I have worked from a 2IC position into that of a Manager, the training and development that has been offered to me really shows how management invests and develops their people. We have the most wonderful customers and every day with Lowes will bring something new, challenging and rewarding.
Pros
wonderful people and development opportunities
Terrible culture and work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 May 2019
Culture of bullying and harassment that comes from the very top. H.R do nothing about it. Every few months you are told that things are changing but it always stays the same. Simply no respect shown to employees.
Pros
Hard working staff in shops
Cons
Head office bullying
Don’t do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS29 April 2019
Whole work place are bullies I hated my job.
Don’t waste your time on applying!!
Discount was good that was it.
Management are a big bunch of bullies and don’t listen to staff work problems
Pros
Cons
Heaps
Put yourself out of misery and look elsewhere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Western Australia25 April 2019
Not the family values business they claim. WA Head management are manipulative two faced bullies. They will diminish any sense of achievement and destroy mental health. Very biased in hiring. HR sits on a throne of dirt swept under the carpet to save face. You can work in store with the best team members but management makes everything acidic.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No development, not paid to expected hours, low salary, no flexible arrangements
Waste of time
Causal Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Australia6 March 2019
If I was able to rate this 0 stars I would. Daily issues regarding registers, HO operations, and customer information, there is no respect for casual workers and room for growth within the company. There is continuous pressure with no reward for hard work and dedication. You are expected to sell their products and sign customers up for in store cards which hold no real value and barely any benefits. Working at Lowes is not worth the time and effort.
Pros
Generally nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Good discount but management is inexperienced and niave
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria25 February 2019
Management does not know how to handle conflict and problems within stores and there is little to no direction or support coming from upper management even in tough times when approached for help. No job security. A lot of extra unpaid work is expected and opening and closing of the store is unpaid.
Only upside is staff discount
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  NSW5 January 2019
Head of People / State Manager put me through stress and led me to depression. I felt targeted to leave
Last 2 years I was going to work with anxiety.
Pros
Good staff discounts.
Cons
Nice stock.
Hostile and Toxic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA25 December 2018
The worst place to work constant bullying by management was horrible not good for anyone's mental health. Much nicer places to work with good people.
Pros
young team members
Cons
everything else
Lowes - Great Casual Job

• Navigate through Point of Sale System
• Stocktake Figures
• Training and Development
• Maintaining Client Retention

The work culture is generally very easy going and friendly although the management needs significant improvement.

I learnt a wide range of skillsets from this role ranging from sales administration to managing new trainees. As a result, I am able to effectively communicate with a diverse client base and have obtained a crucial skill set that I believe will benefit me in the future.
Pros
Great team, good money
Cons
Poor management
Wasn't a good experience
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  South Australia28 August 2018
Large changeover of staff because too many workers and not enough hours. Extra unpaid hours expected of staff. Opening and closing of store unpaid time. Upper management not particularly good. Too much time working alone so made it hard for toilet breaks.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
can't get enough hours
very family orientated.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS5 November 2017
During my time at Lowes I have developed more of an understanding of how important the customer is to a business and how going above and beyond for the customer creates a great relationship between staff and customers.
good company to work for good pay good work culture
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW Warringa mall ..brookvale21 September 2017
Good culture good pay nice balanced work culture good coworkers

Excellent company for start ups in australia in sydney

good for people who join this com
Pros
friendly workers good salary
Cons
nothing much
Great if you have a suitable manager and HR person
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 June 2017
The workplace could be better however I feel it is not professional as there is a to of gossip amongst the stores. Instead of working as a team there is a lot of criticism.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
half hour expected to be there in the morning without pay and after closing and doing paperwork, you are not paid for as well
Enjoyable place to work with diverse staff
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toormina NSW12 December 2016
Never dealing with the exct same thing, an envirmonment where you are always able to learn something new.

My co-workers are a well rounded and interesting group of people who are a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with unpleasent customers. But the most enjoyable aspect of my job is being able to engage with a wide variety of people.
Pros
Awesome discount, great co-workers and boss
Cons
crazy customers
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kwinana WA6 November 2016
I highly enjoyed working at Lowes in Kwinana. It was fantastic to be able to interact with the customers on a friendly and helpful level. It was also a great shop for having locals returning and requesting your service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd Reviews by Location