Luna Park Sydney Employee Reviews

Good junior start to Marketing, but you'll be overworked
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2019
Good opportunity for a marketing junior to learn many aspects about marketing and gain all-rounder skills to kick-start their career. The name opens doors but the overtime is not worth staying for more than a year. After that there are other places who pay much more for those base skills.
Pros
Fun and positive environment in the park, opens doors to other opportunities
Cons
Long hours, demanding deadlines
Fun, Diverse yet lots of pressure
FOOD AND BEVERAGE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 August 2019
My one year of experience working in Luna Park can be described as fun yet there's a lot of pressure faced.
I met a lot of people, very diverse working environment and it helps me develop my skills especially time-management and working as a team.
However, my critics are pointed towards how our shift's supervisor allocated our working hours. Working from 5 pm to 11 pm sounds okay, but when they allocated your shift also for the next morning, seems bad. Luckily, they managed to make a policy where the minimum difference from the last shift to the next shift is 12 hours. The training for the new staff seems forced, as new staff are suddenly put into rush hours, lots of them don't understand our product, which makes senior staff's pressure doubled. Putting one or two new staffs for training is fine, but putting 5-7 new staff at the same counter is chaotic.
But, what I liked here is you met people with a very bright and bubbly personality, staff transparency is prioritised and cleanliness as well
Pros
Long Break, Super, Flexible Hours
Cons
Sometimes Supervisor forced you to work additional hours, not all customer that came here is what you've taught, One of my former co-worker faced a racial slur multiple times
Review of my time at Luna Park sydney
Performer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 June 2019
While working at Luna Park Sydney I worked in the Haunted House.
Typically shifts here went from 4 - 6 hours and double shifts could be taken on every now and then per request and roster availability.

I learnt to be able to do my job and to stay on task despite being in a very varying and sometimes hostile environment. Being a performer for small groups of 5-6 members of the public, one could often have very different reactions from group to group. I learnt to be able to think on the fly and respond effectively to problems that emerged; people needing to leave or being aggressive were the two main problems I faced in this role.

I learned how best to de-escalate aggressive situations and when things were too aggressive for de-escalation how to remove myself from the situation safely and who to contact/where to get help from in this situation.

Management at Luna Park Sydney were understanding of the demands of my role and very understanding of any issues that occurred. They were firm where it was important but also very clear with their expectations.

The workplace culture was very pleasant, fun even. Almost all interactions I had with fellow staff members and customers were exceptionally positive. I still like to think of myself as having excellent friendships with many of my colleagues because of the well established work environment.

The most difficult part of the job was when bad parents tried to force their kids through the haunted house. The haunted house had a no under 12's policy which most parents respected but every now and then someone would try
  more... to bring a 5 year old into the house and It never usually ended well.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the great reactions from the customers; I once scared a whole family of four and each member of the family each had a completely different reaction to being scared. The mum jumped out of her skin, one of their daughters covered her eyes, the other one ran away as fast as possible and the dad laughed so hard he started snorting.
Pros
Great creative outlet at my place of work
Cons
Not being able to eat in the performers break room
Fun place to work
IT Support Technician - Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 June 2019
It is a fun place to work. I started my IT carrier with this company. They look after their hard-working staff which I believe makes it a fun and fair place to work.
funny workplace
Volunteer Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Milsons Point NSW12 May 2019
Really funny work place, it was just a few days of volunteer for my university Diploma. I learn a lots of thing like how to work with pressure, with a team and how to treat people, very interesting.
Cons
no pay
Great Team Environment
VENUE STEWARD (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 April 2019
Great place with a fun culture to be a part of whilst ensuring safety and OHS training is strictly adhered to! No two days the same! Great team with amazing staff member benefits!!
EXCELLENT place to work
Customer Service Role (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2019
its a wonderful enviroment to work in, i wish it wasnt so far from home so i could have stayed there.the bosses are lovely, understanding, and had i been honest with them about having children, they probably could've worked with me, instead i left as i felt dissapointment in myself and i felt shamed of my situation i didnt know how to approach anyone, ive grown past that though, and if i was ever granted the opportunity again to work with them, id take it no hesitations, and i would be competely honest about my school hour circumstances as i know they couldve worked with me on it. theyre lovely like that, i was just silly!
Fun workplace if you enjoy working with kids
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 November 2018
A mid-pace work environment, quite pleasant to work at. The job culture is as well quite enjoyable although at times, there seems to be bouts of prejudice and discontentment.
Cons
Short breaks, dodgey management
Divertido
Bartender, Cooker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New South Wales27 August 2018
Cocinar y servir bebidas en un ambiente joven. Con oportunidades de rotar los roles de trabajao y selección de horarios por semana
got me out of my shell
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2017
coming into LPS i was shy and quite but the fun environment helped me grow into a confident and bubbly worker. Overall i had a great 3 years meeting lots of different people from all over the world (lots of backpackers).
Pros
work environment
Cons
heavy work load
Great company
Casual Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 September 2017
I really liked Luna Park team. All people were great and most of them working there for more than 10 years. I reckon it is massive sign of a good company.
good
Catering Attendant, Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Milsons Point NSW10 August 2017
its a good company which provides wide variety of job experiences. i gained much from luna park. coworkers were helpful and supervisors were good. good place for professional and personal growth.
Fun and productive
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 August 2017
A great and fun job that is flexible and filled with great people. This role challenged me to review my own take on customer service and also what it means to work in a team.
The best place to work if you don't have any retail experience
Merchandise and Sideshows Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milsons Point NSW2 July 2017
What can I say, this has to be the place I have ever worked, the staff here are friendly, the work is actually exciting and nothing feels better than making a customer laugh or feel happy just because you have provided excellent customer service and the discounts for staff members here is why Luna Park Sydney is one of the best places to work for. Guaranteed
Pros
Friendly staff, Fun atmosphere, challenging environment, learning new skills, excellent pay, amazing customer service training, free rewards excursions
Cons
Job security, off-peak season.
Fun and great environment
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 May 2017
Its a great and fun environment. Everyday is different and there is always a new set of skills to learn and there are always new opportunities to take part in.
Exciting workplace
Merchandise and Sideshow (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2017
Great workplace full of fun coworkers. We worked with children and families and guests from overseas looking to create fantastic memories. Not to mention free access to all rides in the park.
productive, fun, hard worker
Steward / Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 December 2016
i work as a steward for a year and transfered to a painter for more than a year, about my co workers we shared ideas to do the job quick and easy for us and also a team work, we always had fun when we work especially when its busy day....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luna Park Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4