Luna Park Sydney
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Luna Park Sydney Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
For me a typical day was running my department, my higher management helped me learn more skills then i realised i had until i left.
It was amazing because every day was different.
Pros
The staff, the management team, the free rides, having fun, the events, NYE shifts
Cons
no free food no matter how long you worked.
Have they never heard or penalty rates? Not to mention the fact that that if you clock off at 3:07, they will only pay you to 3pm. Also, you will let management know that your trainer is so stupid that they think a change dispute is when a customer wants their change to consist of a certain number of 10 or 20 cents, not when they think they have been short-changed, and they will use that as an excuse not to keep you on. What a system!
Luna Park, is a different way to get fun at work, sometimes is a little stressful but the experience worth it. The people in there, are friendly all the time with a smile and decided to help you at any time.
Luna Park is a not-for-profit entity that comes with a lot of benefits and fun to match up with the atmosphere. Interview criteria is mostly based on your willingness to act outside of your comfort zone, as well as your availability and relevance for the position you're applying for.

Management is always there to support you from the start, and any inquiries that you have, you're assisted appropriately given you address the relevant people.

A lot of social events within the workplace that include employee recognition, and recreational events. Everyone belongs to a group, and a passer-by always comes with a "Hi", so it's not hard to find a social group to fit into within the workplace.

Luna Park Sydney's Customer Service roles are weekend based with expected full commitment during school holidays and public holidays, so unfortunately there is less social time with your mates, but everyone has a group in the workplace so it's really easy to socialise and get to know your fellow team not long after you start your employment.

The hardest part of the of the job would be the same as any customer service based job, the customer complaints. This is an aspect to the job where all customer service staff are trained in when they start, and most definitely can turn to their supervisors and management team should they need assistance with an inquiry. Other than that, thorough training and fun staff make work extremely straight-forward and leaves room to relax in your own zone and just have fun with your team.

If you're starting out in your first job, Luna Park is a minefield
 - more...
One of the best work experiences in Sydney till now. They do mass recruitment with group interviews followed by onsite interviews. The process was relatively quick and painless. The job culture is very nice but fast paced as they do on the job training which is great in my opinion. The salary is fine nothing to brag about.
Luna Park is a great place to work, getting ready and into your uniform is nice and easy. The management and staff are all very friendly and helpful, and they are committed to working to the best of their abilities which matches my own working mentality. The job can be tough dealing with crowds especially during school holidays but is made ultimately rewarding seeing how much everybody enjoys their experiences at the park on any given day.
I loved working in food and beverage department. Managers all really supportive from the top down to all staff we train every where on all jobs even cooking and making fairy floss. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. When there were guest or staff issues manager was very supportive of us. All staff like family I love it here wish I could stay but on visa. If you love a family environment and want to learn this place is great made so many friends. Hope you love it too go for it lots of back packers you meet lots of fun people they look after good staff. Bad staff are gone quickly due to bad behaviour.
Luna Park is a fun and rewarding job. A job that is fun and gives us the opportunity to create fun for our guests.Filled with great staff members and faith filled management Luna Park is a fantastic place to work in.
As Luna Park was my very first job at Australia very happy with my time with Luna Park
Good environment to work

Relaxed

Friendly staff

Room for plenty of learning
The management really suck. They smile in your face and then stab you right in your back. Can't hear a NO mentality.

How ever this is my experience from FAB.

It's my understanding that Rides Department and Sideshows are not as bad.

Great people at the bottom of the chain.
Excellent work environment. Customer service with excellent service is the main objective to the job in Luna Park Sydney. Preparation of food, serving food and maintain coordinated work with the chef are some of the responsibility in the work at Luna Park .
This place is an absolute disgrace.
I worked there for over 3 years in the rides department and was faced with bullying from management, which ultimately lead to having depression and leaving.

You'll end up learning 1 ride and never moving. Every shift you will be there with very little rotations in the hot Australian sun doing constant ride cycles. Days with 40+ degrees will kill you because the rides have metal platforms which reflect sunlight on you all day. There is very little shade for staff as we are not allowed to leave the ride.

NOT IDEAL for fair skinned people.

The park doesn't offer any water-refill areas, and I was told by management to tell guests to fill their bottles at the bathroom taps!

Standard bottle of Water is $5.

For staff, we are given moldy water jugs and that's only when they can be bothered to organise someone to bring it to us.

Working upto 6 hours will only grant you a measely 10 minute "personal" as they call them, which for the amount of repetitive work we are doing, is definitely not enough. Anything over 6 hours gives a 30m lunch break.

As an all age venue, the park allows children and babies to ride some select rides. That wont be an issue, their parents are. If you aren't confident with communication I don't recommend working here as many parents will pick fights with you (due to high restrictions or ticketing issues).

Co-workers can either be friendly or Not friendly. More than 50% of staff are overseas backpackers and can sometimes cause issues with communication or whathaveyou.

Overall I didn't enjoy this job
 - more...
I loved working there as I felt like part of a family! Being able to work with the guests and my co-workers, everyday was new and in the most amazing way
Good opportunity for a marketing junior to learn many aspects about marketing and gain all-rounder skills to kick-start their career. The name opens doors but the overtime is not worth staying for more than a year. After that there are other places who pay much more for those base skills.
Pros
Fun and positive environment in the park, opens doors to other opportunities
Cons
Long hours, demanding deadlines
Most people were nice, lots of opportunities for extra shifts. Certain Supervisors could be a little awkward and rude. Great perks. Lovely views. Nice atmosphere. Training could be abit rushed because the company is constantly short staffed.
My one year of experience working in Luna Park can be described as fun yet there's a lot of pressure faced.
I met a lot of people, very diverse working environment and it helps me develop my skills especially time-management and working as a team.

However, my critics are pointed towards how our shift's supervisor allocated our working hours. Working from 5 pm to 11 pm sounds okay, but when they allocated your shift also for the next morning, seems bad. Luckily, they managed to make a policy where the minimum difference from the last shift to the next shift is 12 hours. The training for the new staff seems forced, as new staff are suddenly put into rush hours, lots of them don't understand our product, which makes senior staff's pressure doubled. Putting one or two new staffs for training is fine, but putting 5-7 new staff at the same counter is chaotic.

But, what I liked here is you met people with a very bright and bubbly personality, staff transparency is prioritised and cleanliness as well
Pros
Long Break, Super, Flexible Hours
Cons
Sometimes Supervisor forced you to work additional hours, not all customer that came here is what you've taught, One of my former co-worker faced a racial slur multiple times
While working at Luna Park Sydney I worked in the Haunted House.
Typically shifts here went from 4 - 6 hours and double shifts could be taken on every now and then per request and roster availability.

I learnt to be able to do my job and to stay on task despite being in a very varying and sometimes hostile environment. Being a performer for small groups of 5-6 members of the public, one could often have very different reactions from group to group. I learnt to be able to think on the fly and respond effectively to problems that emerged; people needing to leave or being aggressive were the two main problems I faced in this role.

I learned how best to de-escalate aggressive situations and when things were too aggressive for de-escalation how to remove myself from the situation safely and who to contact/where to get help from in this situation.

Management at Luna Park Sydney were understanding of the demands of my role and very understanding of any issues that occurred. They were firm where it was important but also very clear with their expectations.

The workplace culture was very pleasant, fun even. Almost all interactions I had with fellow staff members and customers were exceptionally positive. I still like to think of myself as having excellent friendships with many of my colleagues because of the well established work environment.

The most difficult part of the job was when bad parents tried to force their kids through the haunted house. The haunted house had a no under 12's policy which most parents respected but every now and then someone would try
 - more...
Pros
Great creative outlet at my place of work
Cons
Not being able to eat in the performers break room
It is a fun place to work. I started my IT carrier with this company. They look after their hard-working staff which I believe makes it a fun and fair place to work.
Really funny work place, it was just a few days of volunteer for my university Diploma. I learn a lots of thing like how to work with pressure, with a team and how to treat people, very interesting.
Cons
no pay
Great place with a fun culture to be a part of whilst ensuring safety and OHS training is strictly adhered to! No two days the same! Great team with amazing staff member benefits!!
its a wonderful enviroment to work in, i wish it wasnt so far from home so i could have stayed there.the bosses are lovely, understanding, and had i been honest with them about having children, they probably could've worked with me, instead i left as i felt dissapointment in myself and i felt shamed of my situation i didnt know how to approach anyone, ive grown past that though, and if i was ever granted the opportunity again to work with them, id take it no hesitations, and i would be competely honest about my school hour circumstances as i know they couldve worked with me on it. theyre lovely like that, i was just silly!