Luxasia Employee Review

Multi-tasking Haven
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines12 June 2014
Hired as the company's first Training Manager for all brands (2 years), this was my baptism into sales and heavy people management. When I was moved (later transfer) to be the company's first HR Manager after 2 years, I was tasked to handle not just the sales team but the entire company as well, with specific tasks as enumerated in my CV. The company was ballooning and the company needed someone to head recruitment, etc. to ensure all necessary posts will be occupied in due time.

Being "first" has its perks. I can recommend policies to management. There is nothing to look back on, as we would be setting new plans. Creativity is without boundaries! One's imagination is put to the test all the time without being compared to something that has been implemented before. On the downside, that could also mean doing almost everything from scratch, having no basis at all, to move the company forward. Being in a company that grew to medium-sized from a slim headcount of 30, entails multi-tasking, re-organization, thinking out of the box -- where I learned a lot from my successes and mistakes and continue to do so, from each encounter with people and situations. For 8 years as HR Manager, I worked as a generalist without regular assistance from any team mate. It helped me to be self-reliant but also honest, honest enough to tell my bosses if I need help for certain things without affecting budgets. The culture we had masked the stress because I was doing something I was good at -- managing people who thrive at handling the most luxurious, prestigious names in the beauty industry!
  more... There was always something new to learn, to appreciate with the launch of new collections, scents, or partnerships with various designers, etc.  less
Pros
trainings, travel, free products, services (facial, makeup, etc.)
Cons
work on weekends and nights for PR events

Other Luxasia Employee Reviews

More seminar or training about new brands or products
Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 January 2019
More brands like bvlgari,calvin klein,davidoff,burberry,mont blanc,lanvin,issey miyake,more on luxurious brands,.with commission if you meet or reach the targets quota
Pros
No free food
Cons
8 hours
Good colleagues
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore25 August 2018
It was a contract job for one month, office hour from 8-5. A typical day at work is usually picking up orders and sorting out the things that are needed to be done. The workplace was alright as during the break I would talk to the office people and colleagues and ask them how was their experience like, having a deeper insight and getting experience from working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxasia. Our community is ready to answer.