Luxottica
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Luxottica Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Productive and Fun Environment to work
Credit Collection and Accounts Receivable function, Collection,banking,allocation,account reconciliation,credit release, unblock and blocking account, liaising with internal and external stakeholders. Learnt ERP reporting. Work place multi cultural environment. Sales Discount to staff, the hardest part of the job is the internal communication from overseas in making business descission.
Pros
Free Coffee and biscuits
Cons
Long Hours
Ethical leadership and great organisational culture
Luxottica is a great company to work for especially for people with an interest in fashion. It is the largest company in the eyewear industry and has great potential to grow in Australia. the working environment is very casual and friendly and work-life balance is one of the other benefits to employees. salaries are low compared to other industries like big companies in FMCG.
Horrible Work Culture
The unit I had entered into was admittedly new, and they had not ironed out all of the kinks. That said, we were under-staffed with management having no intention of hiring anyone new, we were under-paid, they consistently put pressure on us to work over time (sometimes going as far to say we HAVE to work over time), and by the time I left it felt like they were deliberately trying to pit employees against each other to try and create an atmosphere of competitiveness. Really gross work atmosphere.
Slow, disfunctional , lacking direction ( Australian Business)
Depressingly slow decision making
No autonomy.

Crazy Italian hierarchy and misogynist environment

Fragmented exec team

Unpleasant culture

Lack of trust

Dictatorship
Pros
eyewear allowance
Cons
powercrazed CEO ( Australia )
Small kiosk environment
The work environment is fun, although the days get a bit slow when it's not peak season. Its also not a reliable income as most shifts are only 3 hours and you have split it up through the week with about 4 other workers.
Pros
Co-workers are like family
Cons
hours are not practical
Awesome culture
A great company to work for. Awesome products and culture throughout every store I worked for, with great incentives and a terrific charity organisation. I had a lot of fun working for Sunglass Hut, I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Good discounts, great culture, awesome coworkers, lots of shifts
Cons
Some managers could use a little more training
hard working but fun co-workers
the day to day running of Accounts Payable was ongoing from start to finish. But we did have time to enjoy working within a team. We would find time to go out for lunch for Birthdays and so on.
Amazing work culture with poor salary
The workplace is like a living area with a lot of like minded people. The management from corporate is very poor and the salary is almost below the average in the market
Pros
culture
Cons
salary, comunication
Fun
Enjoyed my almost 6 years with the company, discovered my love of people and it really encouraged me to not be as shy. Definitely a great place for a first job, it's the perfect mix of reception/retail and medical. You're always bound to be learning something.
Productive and fun work place to work.
Incredibly rewarding to work for a subsidiary of Luxottica. Surrounded by a work force with a similar interest and a drive to hit sales targets, pushing each other on. Amazing product with so much innovation. Excellent staff rewards and discount. Management had ideas that often didn't take into account the individuality of the store (working in the most profitable one in Australia). But generally a cool place to work, with great people.
Fun place to work and grow your confidence
Overall Sunglass Hut is a fun and enjoyable place to work because of the following:
- It gives you the opportunity to grow your confidence and get out of your shell

- also gives you the opportunity to advance in the company.
busy retail
Oakley Vault DFO - only got busy after 1pm
it was strict to wear only Oakley products and you had to know about the sun glasses and the features. was not enough hours to work part time.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
not enough hours
very good work atmosphere
loved working there for 3 months, staff are phenomenal and have great vision for the company. CEO and luxotica as a brand are highly motivated energetic individuals who are willing to go beyond for their customers.
Fun workplace and great experience
Through my time with the company, I have developed great customer service skills. The job has allowed me to come out of my shell and interact with strangers. I have developed excellent communication skills and learnt to be flexible with people and built a commercial mindset when it comes to selling. I enjoyed working with my managers Jared and Claire, they were both supportive and confident leaders. The work culture was great and each at the store was different.
Pros
Social aspect, acquired great skills
Cons
Christmas hours, not allowed to take time off during Christmas
It was fun place to work but with a minimal learning curve
Job was not very challenging and the learning outcome was not a huge success at the company.
Work-life balance was maintained at the company and the management also take care of the employees. The most amazing part to be a part of this company is to interact with a lot of customers on daily basis and present them the world class services.
Professional and friendly environment
Cash reconciliation,FX deals and Cash availability reports.
Manage 4 cash reconclation officers

Comunicate with Accounts payable and receivable for bank rec.

Transfer surplus of cash from over30 bank accounts.

Report to Finance director also run id hoc reports for CFO.

Dealing with differents Banks and customers -internal and external.
Pros
benefits -Suny and Rx
Cons
World Leaders of Sunglass Fashion.
The knowledge and skills I have behind me today would not be possible without Luxottica investing valuable resources and energy in their employees.
Hard working and challenging retail environment
The optical industry is a highly competitive market. As such the job was challenging and we were re-inventing ourselves all the time. looking for new markets and customer acquisition whilst also concentrating on customer retention.

Growth was an important strategy and so mergers and aquisition, B2B and franchising was exciting and challenging at the same time.

Creating new business, achieving growth and finalising a deal was the most exciting part of teh business.
Pros
challenging and exciting
Cons
work life balance
Fast paced, focusing on customers needs
Luxottica focuses on the customers needs 100% of the time. The position I had was an integral and very important part of the Supply Chain. We were required to ensure all data in store was correct to enable the store associates to achieve a successful outcome for the customer.

The Product team were a very highly motivated team and this combined with the Supply Chain was a great combination and resulted in the stores getting what they wanted when they wanted it.

Having positive feed back from the end customers was a very rewarding part of my job.
Uma empresa sólida, bem estruturada mundialmente
Para mim foi um imenso prazer trabalhar para uma empresa que é além de uma multinacional, é bem estruturada e sólida. Trabalhar nesta empresa, e no exterior me fez não somente aprimorar o meu Inglês, bem como, o contato com pessoas de diversas culturas o que hoje posso dizer me ajuda a lidar melhor com o público em geral. Só tenho coisas boas para acrescentar sobre este grupo o qual tenho orgulho em ter feito parte. O contato diário com o público, e a função de estar responsável pelo caixa, algo que nunca fiz no meu país, me ajudou a ficar mais confiante em mim mesma. Agradeço pela oportunidade.
Pros
oportunidade e benefícios. seriedade e compromisso.
Cons
nao tenho contras
Welcoming staff, huge lunch area, was a fun proactive team.
Luxottica was a good company to work for. Plenty of hours considering it was casual on call. Variety was great.
Pros
hot days, we could stop 10minutes for ice block in afternoon
Cons
on call, no benefits