Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 2,626 reviews
Slow, disfunctional , lacking direction ( Australian Business)
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia17 December 2018
Depressingly slow decision making
No autonomy.
Crazy Italian hierarchy and misogynist environment
Fragmented exec team
Unpleasant culture
Lack of trust
Dictatorship
Pros
eyewear allowance
Cons
powercrazed CEO ( Australia )
Awesome culture
Casual sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW1 October 2018
A great company to work for. Awesome products and culture throughout every store I worked for, with great incentives and a terrific charity organisation. I had a lot of fun working for Sunglass Hut, I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Good discounts, great culture, awesome coworkers, lots of shifts
Cons
Some managers could use a little more training
Productive and fun work place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney23 January 2018
Incredibly rewarding to work for a subsidiary of Luxottica. Surrounded by a work force with a similar interest and a drive to hit sales targets, pushing each other on. Amazing product with so much innovation. Excellent staff rewards and discount. Management had ideas that often didn't take into account the individuality of the store (working in the most profitable one in Australia). But generally a cool place to work, with great people.
Fun place to work and grow your confidence
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casuarina NT4 January 2018
Overall Sunglass Hut is a fun and enjoyable place to work because of the following:
- It gives you the opportunity to grow your confidence and get out of your shell
- also gives you the opportunity to advance in the company.
busy retail
Retail sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC1 January 2018
Oakley Vault DFO - only got busy after 1pm
it was strict to wear only Oakley products and you had to know about the sun glasses and the features. was not enough hours to work part time.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
not enough hours
very good work atmosphere
Woolworths Team member (Former Employee) –  Paramatta NSW25 June 2017
loved working there for 3 months, staff are phenomenal and have great vision for the company. CEO and luxotica as a brand are highly motivated energetic individuals who are willing to go beyond for their customers.
Fun workplace and great experience
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 December 2016
Through my time with the company, I have developed great customer service skills. The job has allowed me to come out of my shell and interact with strangers. I have developed excellent communication skills and learnt to be flexible with people and built a commercial mindset when it comes to selling. I enjoyed working with my managers Jared and Claire, they were both supportive and confident leaders. The work culture was great and each at the store was different.
Pros
Social aspect, acquired great skills
Cons
Christmas hours, not allowed to take time off during Christmas
It was fun place to work but with a minimal learning curve
Optical Dispenser and Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 January 2015
Job was not very challenging and the learning outcome was not a huge success at the company.
Work-life balance was maintained at the company and the management also take care of the employees. The most amazing part to be a part of this company is to interact with a lot of customers on daily basis and present them the world class services.
Fast paced, focusing on customers needs
Senior Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney2 December 2013
Luxottica focuses on the customers needs 100% of the time. The position I had was an integral and very important part of the Supply Chain. We were required to ensure all data in store was correct to enable the store associates to achieve a successful outcome for the customer.

The Product team were a very highly motivated team and this combined with the Supply Chain was a great combination and resulted in the stores getting what they wanted when they wanted it.

Having positive feed back from the end customers was a very rewarding part of my job.
Uma empresa sólida, bem estruturada mundialmente
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC8 October 2012
Para mim foi um imenso prazer trabalhar para uma empresa que é além de uma multinacional, é bem estruturada e sólida. Trabalhar nesta empresa, e no exterior me fez não somente aprimorar o meu Inglês, bem como, o contato com pessoas de diversas culturas o que hoje posso dizer me ajuda a lidar melhor com o público em geral. Só tenho coisas boas para acrescentar sobre este grupo o qual tenho orgulho em ter feito parte. O contato diário com o público, e a função de estar responsável pelo caixa, algo que nunca fiz no meu país, me ajudou a ficar mais confiante em mim mesma. Agradeço pela oportunidade.
Pros
oportunidade e benefícios. seriedade e compromisso.
Cons
nao tenho contras
Welcoming staff, huge lunch area, was a fun proactive team.
pick packer / dispatch (Former Employee) –  Revesby NSW5 March 2012
Luxottica was a good company to work for. Plenty of hours considering it was casual on call. Variety was great.
Pros
hot days, we could stop 10minutes for ice block in afternoon
Cons
on call, no benefits