Lycopodium Employee Reviews

Appalling
Admin (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 February 2019
Very behind the times and backwards business. Toxic culture, sweeping bad behaviour under the rug. Treats 50% of employees as disposable once they’ve completed a project but if more work comes up, expects the people they let go to be ready and available to come back, vicious cycle, but has a gross surplus of project managers without having projects to manage. Wouldn’t work there again and wouldn’t recommend any major players utilise them for their projects.
Pros
Minimum full time hours
Cons
Toxic management, workplace bullying and intimidation, office location, no noteworthy projects, huge staff turnaround
Productiove
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Australia19 July 2018
Good engineering company with lots to learn. very good connection between management and staff and friendly environment. Training is provided. Lots of projects.
General Information
Senior Quality control / Inspection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA25 March 2017
Once the project is over you very quickly discarded despite having another project coming up.Project Managers do not communicate about other projects for staff and in fact, some do not even realize you are available. I have done seven Projects with them. Overall the Senior management is a good bunch of blokes.
Despite my criticism, I would work for them again.
Pros
Overall Good Management
Cons
Purple circle
World Class Gold Project with a Great Team
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth and Tanzania29 December 2015
Without doubt one of the best EPCM projects I have had the opportunity to work on. A great and supportive Management and Project Team including the Clients Project Management Team.

Culturally an excellent opportunity to work in Tanzania and provide mentoring and skills training to Locals as well as International Service providers who remain good friends to this day.
Pros
Great Project, Great Team, Excellent Management World Class Project
Cons
Not much
Great job environment
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth31 October 2014
The company is very professional and focused on customers and people at professional and personal level.
Pros
Great Leaders
Cons
Projects linked to the global market situation which was not very good
Great place to work at.
Maintenance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA4 March 2014
Great place in terms of team spirit and culture. Good leadership and a can do altitude.
Salary is good and co-workers are helpfull and friendly.
Snr Structural Design Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD1 January 2014
Plant layouts in 2D and 3D
Equipment layouts 2D/3D.
Creating of manufacture drawings - Mechanical and Structural.
Liaise with specialists regarding design work needed.
Liaise with clients regarding plant upgrades.
Pros
Always something to learn daily.
Cons
Not enough hours
First jobs are always enjoyable!
Admin Assistant/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Perth WA2 December 2013
Great place to work - great friendly team!
Learned most of my new skills in this job as it was my first job - stayed here for three years. again flexible hours
best part of the job was the pay :)
Pros
free easter, melbourne cup and christmas morning teas and lunches
BBQ after work with freinds
EPCM Area piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maradoo WA MMP2 project25 July 2013
a typical work can not get sleeps after R&R at camp,
What I learned how to talk to workers & manage,
Positive team
Expeditor / Inspector / Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Keith, WA15 July 2013
The site team were a close knit squad. Dealing with the SMP contractor was easy and flowed well, daily issued were dealt with at our level and management never really needed to be involved. The project involved merger with brown and green fields, the client group resisted at first but then realised we were not a threat and soon become in alliance with us, the project finished well and on time , Really enjoyed it
Pros
Good Management and leadership
Cons
project was short
Enjoyed the team spirit and support
Lead Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marandoo Mine Via Tom Price WA15 July 2013
Living and working on a site based project is always full of new challenges, heaps going on, and always trying to achieve positive outcomes.
Working with a wide range of skilled people encourages and develops your own skill base as well as assisting others to look forward to working better in their own team environment.
Assistance is always available when you need help with certain management decisions.
I enjoy the interaction that is the key factor to a site placement, and the most hardest part is not completing a task by the end of the day, due to the work load being so demanding. but in the end it all seems to get done,
I pride myself in working in a site position due to the variation of work required to complete the daily requests and requirements of the job.. I Love it.
Pros
Good team to work and extremely supportive, as they are our family away from home
Cons
Material teams are always isolated from the construction side of the project, but with out this team, things would not as run smooth.
Great place to work, great people, stunning views from offices across Perth Water.
Group Manager: Project Services. (Former Employee) –  East Perth head office25 October 2012
Head-hunted and brought to Perth on a 457 visa, fully sponsored. Just a terrible pity that I had to return to South Africa as a result of restructuring of the company due to the global financial crisis. I would return in a heartbeat if I was given the chance!!
Pros
laid-back approach to work; excellent directors and managers, very simpatico.
Cons
none.
Well managed, work is rote
Senior mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane1 October 2012
Well managed engineering department.
Because well-managed and organised, work becomes rote.
Pros
good pay and conditions, good management
Cons
work becomes rote, no requirement for innovation.