MRI Software Employee Reviews

Sweat Shop with no future
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CO5 May 2019
MRI/CTM is a glorified call center that focuses
solely on making the quota. Employees are not respected and voicing concerns goes unheard. They allow family to advance family members when not qualified. You as an employee do not matter, you WILL work your shift no family emergencies unless they have a bucket. You cannot get your vacation days unless theres an available bucket. Whats the good of having vacation if you cannot use it when you want. Dont count on vacation around holidays, that goes to senior staff. MRI promises you money through a health program and never pays out. MRI throws policy down your throat but doesnt abide by it if you are a not college educated or someones family. Beware of MRI/CTM they talk a good game but you're just a body to fill a shift, they will work you to death and you will never be allowed to advance. Poor company, if its such a great job why did these 5 star reviews leave?
Cons
No advancement without a degree.
Fun Place to work
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH16 April 2019
I enjoy it, they have fun activities and like for everyone to be involved. I don't see a lot of promotions and the hours can be long but I feel that my contributions are greatly appreciated
Great workplace but needs to innovate
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore9 March 2019
Cool people to work with , each functional group keen to roll up their sleeves to help. I was given autonomy to go after new logos and it was exciting to succeed at closing the deals.
Pros
Autonomy - telecommuting - colleagues who are happy to assist
Cons
Branding, executive coverage
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Department Contractor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH16 January 2019
Really enjoy the environment. A lot of smart people and hard workers. Very casual environment with a gaming area. Definitely enjoyed working for a growing company with a lot going on.
Toxic Sales environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH9 January 2019
If you enjoy condescending emails from management as well as customers laughing when you introduce yourself because of the amount of turnover this is the place for you. Dog and pony show regarding the facility and new acquisitions shield you from the declining growth of MRI core. If you like selling customers and prospects things they would like or need at a two to three time mark up to hit a number this is a great position. Micromanagement spectacular
Pros
good benefits, 15 days of vacation only to be used if you hit your number
Cons
hair on fire style of management
Productive and easy going environment
Client Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 July 2018
MRI Software has a great working culture with managers that are easy to work and get a long with. The work environment for the most part moves at a pretty comfortable pace, though it does have its intense moments especially during busy periods.
Fun Work Culture, Frustrating Limitations
Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 June 2018
A typical day at work would be sitting in front a computer working on the proprietary software and processing financial files that come in quarterly and monthly. Year-end season, beginning in February, is a lot of work, but the morale is good and we push through with a big celebration at the end of the spring. Analysts often work together and assist each other with data work. It is a good team environment, but it could be more organized as far as specialization of work.

Upper and even immediate management make decisions that, on occasion, are not cognizant of the people they are affecting. For example, the global company continues to acquire smaller companies but cannot hire more people to the department I was a part of even though we desperately need more help and extra assistance with training. This usually left my department and other departments short of employees, which created resentment that I experienced and what eventually led me to leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that worked with and was able to socialize with. My coworkers are awesome people and I am missing them already. The hardest part of the job is doing the massive volume of work without the ability to pass on tasks because of lack of confidence in those who would be assigned the tasks.

The most important thing I learned from this job was to take charge of what you want out of the job. This position can be very boring, but I made leaps and bounds into other responsibilities that made me happier. It was awesome and I wouldn't trade learning that for anything.
Comfortable software opportunity
Support Agent - BostonPost (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH30 May 2018
A typical day for me is mostly trouble shooting and training our client on regulations and how to best utilize our software.

Management is very hands off in my position, but is always accessible should issue arise and they need to be called upon.

The team I work with was very supportive as I was brought up and learning the ropes, probably collectively the best team I have worked with from an accountability, collaborative, and intellectual standpoint. All experiences I have had reaching out to other departments has been positive as well.

The hardest part about the job is there is a large learning curve and troubleshooting is a mixed bag so you really have to be able to pivot sometimes and go from a challenging task to something very simple.
Pros
Company seems to be trending in a very positive direction/growing fast
Great starter company
Software Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 March 2018
MRI software is a great company to work for if you are early on in your career. You will learn a lot quickly and be exposed to several different areas of work. However, there is not much potential for advancement here.
Great place to start
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH10 February 2018
The place encourages an innovative atmosphere and employee growth. If you're looking to get into the industry this is a great place, unfortunately they don't keep up to date on competing salaries with the area and generally underpay.
I was a team of one
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH24 January 2018
Always got forgotten about unless they wanted me to do a big project alone. Had to make up work for myself for about 1 year. My manager and PO didn't care I didnt have work to do.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Management, salary
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH4 October 2017
I would prefer not to comment based on my opinions of the company & potential legal issues that could arise. I understand you are looking for a review, but I choose not to offer one at this time.
Pros
I choose not to answer at this time
Cons
I choose not to answer at this time
Over worked and over stressed
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH20 September 2017
Majority of support cases expected to be solved while on the line with client, yet most cases needed extensive research. Expectations were not realistic and workload was too high, even for highly tenured Lead Analysts. Support division was always "short" a few people... which to me meant understaffed. Support staff was always stressed.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
Workloads and stress
Stressful with little compensation
Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH29 August 2017
The company is good in that they are willing to train you, but there is a lack of communication between management and staff and the day to day is extremely stressful, expected to perform and complete tasks that aren’t possible within the time constraints. There has been some reworking and several people have had to take on new responsibilities (almost like a second position at the company) without being properly compensated for the extra work that they are doing. Working there I feel the need to consistently work overtime just to keep myself afloat, and even at certain times of the year they don’t allow you to work overtime, so no matter what you are swamped with work. They are starting to hire more people to spread out the work load, however, they should have done this months ago.
Pros
game room, quarterly lunches
Cons
low pay
Passionate company with good work culture
Director of Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario11 August 2017
MRI provides a great work environment with an emphasis on good work/life balance. Work is interesting and varied with the company growing both organically and through acquisition. The company puts equal emphasis on employee and client satisfaction. There are significant opportunities for career development for employees showing ambition, ability and a good work ethic.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, good facilities, gym etc.
looking for coding slaves
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH25 April 2017
High turnover among developers and QA's, Sales and Support people stick around. Low pay. Culture is good. Hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning to go there.
Pros
pool table
Challenging yet Rewarding Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH 4413927 December 2016
Great place but could improve duration of training for the Sales Department as the initial training is very generic which leads to issues when you transition in to the assigned position.
Pros
Cafe on campus, smoke free, great commission
Cons
overbearing management, lack of communication, no structure
Great company with poor management.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH18 October 2016
Fellow employees and products were both great. Senior management seemed more interested in being perceived as fun and entertaining than as being efficient and profitable.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
No direction from senior management.
Overall a Great Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH18 October 2015
Overall, MRI is a great company to work for, but like most companies, needs improvement in a variety of areas. I would recommend to my friends and colleagues that they give a position at MRI a chance.
A great first job
Software Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Solon Ohio30 September 2015
MRI was my first job after graduating college. They did a great job getting a person from a school environment to a work environment. training was quite extensive and could have been cut down but it also provided job security. All new employees had to go through it so replacing people wasn't very easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MRI Software. Our community is ready to answer.