Mackay Regional Council Employee Reviews

Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD5 August 2018
Friendly, upskilling workforce, constructive within the team, professional, jobs done on time, plenty of over time, Maintenance on vehicles was professional.
hard to advance, when you try
Sweeper truck operator (Current Employee) –  Mackay regional council24 April 2018
there is no advancement in this work place, if you try to hard the ones that do not try get all the advances. I do consider my self as the first one in the pool and the last one out
Not a bad place to work
Water Treatment Plant Operator - Cert III (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD13 February 2018
Work life balance and hourly rate were very average in my department.Don't think for a second that council jobs are more stable than others.Managers try hard but the higher you go the more clueless they get.
very much boys club mentality
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD1 December 2017
water networks has a severe work place culture deficiency and has suffered from poor middle and senior management expertise for some years.

very frictional work place where silo business units and practices are allowed to exist instead of working as one team
Pros
has some friendly dedicated staff
Cons
hostile work enviroment
Great place to stay forever
Council Superintendent and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD17 October 2017
Working with the people at MRC was one of the best times ever. the work was varied and abundant. Unfortunately due to family reasons I could not stay, but I would still be there.
good place to work
plumbers labourer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD7 August 2017
mackay regional council is good place to work for as they take family matters seriously, they have a well organised roster with good family hours, having previuosly worked on the sewer crew i found it to be a good job that id gladly take again.
Pros
homelife
Cons
working with poo
Ok conditions
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Sarina Queensland12 February 2017
Got all our clothes supplied. Boots and all. Great family hours,8 hour days and 9 day fortnight. I oversaw all concrete works also supervised the road maintenance crew. As we maintained all gravel roads in the Mackay region,we also maintained and either repaired or rebuilt drains and courseways.
Pros
Boots and clothing supplied
Cons
Working in very hot conditions
Interesting working in Health & Safety of the public
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD6 February 2017
Worked with Health Officers and Environmental Officers.

Changed roles a few times, which made it interesting when people were on leave.
Pros
Work was easy and people friendly
Cons
a bit boring at times.
Great place to to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Sarina QLD26 October 2016
Doing 4 guided tours per day setting up and replenish stock.
I learnt a lot about sugar industry and distilling process.
The management and co workers are very helpful and ready
To assist with a friendly nature.
There is no hard part to this work it is very enjoyable .
The taste testing and making fairy floss especially the for the
Children is the best moments of all.
Pros
Meeting lots of people local and other countries.
Great Workplace
Administration Officer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD2 May 2016
Enjoyed working with Mackay Regional Council. Everyone is easy to get along with and throughout my time at Council, I made many friends. Friendly environment and there are many different roles within the organisation that you can apply for.
no comment
Backhoe Operator (Former Employee) –  mirani23 July 2015
fun work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics. but this is expected of a big company.
Felling and replanting trees
Arbourist & General Operative (Former Employee) –  Mackay, Queensland, Australia6 November 2014
It was great to learn the different techniques used to fell trees correctly. I also completed a short in house course covering the different types of knots used to guide large sections of trees to the ground from a height.
productive workplace with nice people.
Trainee Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mackay, QLD25 February 2014
In a day at the council you would get there 20 minutes before work commences and everyone would discuss what they would be doing for the day and be assigned with a group it was usually something different every now and then.
I learned a lot of things while at the council it is a good place for training and tickets.
the management was good my bosses were great fellas.
some of my co workers were abit different but we all got along and everyone was fairly nice.
the hardest part of the job was mostly when we got emergencies and we had to go somewhere and maintain it and keep it safe straight away.
the most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day you could really tell you made a difference when the roads and concreting was much safer.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
not enough pay
Producing water invoices for the company
Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Mackay, QLD8 February 2014
Review tasks, correspondence and other information that was sent in. How to refine time management. was the leader of 6 workers and had to co-ordinate readings and holidays. Co-workers were co-operative and had integrity. The hardest part of the job was the weather and trying to co-ordinate water meter readings to be completed in a timely manner. Seeing the end product and sending out the invoices.
Pros
Lived in the next block and easy to walk to work - exercise
Cons
Weather and hierarchy politics
Mackay Regional Council
Business Trainee (Current Employee) –  Mackay, QLD11 August 2013
A typical day at work is quite interesting as no two days are the same. Every day I learn something new. There is great staff and management. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the smiles on peoples faces when you go that little extra to make sure they are 100% satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
Learn new things every day
Cons
12 month contract