Macmahon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macmahon Employee Reviews

A good medium sized company to work for, but not too big that you are just a number. The ability to learn on more equipment would greatly benefit retention at the site.
I've heard good stories about Macmahon at other sites, but my experience at Olympic Dam was one of a company who thrived on promoting and endorsing bullying behaviour and rewarded those who went out of their way to set up others to fail. Several co workers reported harassment and physical assault to management, nothing at all was done. Instead, those reporting these issues ended up with a bullseye on their back and were hunted down and eventually fired. I was happy to leave there for a better role with more money and a more supportive culture.
Good company attitude, easy to get along with, helpfull and prepared to listen. I would recommend this company. I suffered an injury, and was able to continue working on site, with administrated duties. They were a great support through out this period.
I worked at Orebody 18 when the Iron Ore was at it's peak. The whole work place was a great place to learn and develop my skills. Started as an ESO then after a year was promoted to Emergency Services Coordinator.
Exiting a rewarding job with excellent management and project management support. There was a good opportunity to help people get their lives on track.
My time with Macmahon was enjoyable, Worked with a lot of safe and committed workmates, Management was supportive and understanding in all aspects of work/lifestyle balance, Would enjoy working with Macmahon again Thanks
Hot hard work Work in protective clothing Dusty filthy due to demolition work Good hours Looked after safety protocols Was alright.. High Safety demands Safety tools etc supplied Morning toolbox and end of also
Machines are great, enjoyed drilling & operating the heavy machinery & being underground was the best time of my work so far. Cowabunga dudes Macmahon
Great working hours. Family focused and safety first. Great pay for job role and position..This company makes you feel not only as a valued employee, team player, but like a family member.
I was employed for MacMahon Contractors on PACE Project for BHP in Port Headland for the duration of the project, approximately 8 months, on a fly-in/fly-out basis as a QC Clerk/Administrator. I found the company very enjoyable and rewarding to work for. The hardest part of this job I would say was the head of Port Headland.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Working away from home.
Great. LEarnt alot. Safety and Communication is key. Be switched on. Wake up early, eat bad food, sleep do it again Made friends for life. Drove trucks, read books. Travelled
Macmahon were a decent enough company to work for one of the foreman in particular was very good! The job was pretty much underground shift work so it had its moments but we got through it!
I was offer a position at McMahon ad left a place I was happy at for a better offer and more job safety but after eight month, just before I was going on Holiday (Dec) for a month, was called in the office and made redundant. The company offered me a job even though they must have know that they where going to sell the department I worked for. Had to leave Australia ad every thing behind
My typical day at work was intriguing that faced me with new challenges that I was able to overcome comfortably. I new people skills and further advanced my managerial skills as a result of the level of training that I received. The hardest part of my job was controlling the BHP blend however, the most enjoyable was the job satisfaction that I received when a job was completed. Furthermore, the co-workers that I worked with were easy to get along with, were knowledgable and hard working.
some of the sites were better than others but generally they were pretty good at least it was full time which was great and long term because they had many sites but when things started crashing in 2008 then was a bit unsure unstable
Pros
Longterm good rosters
Cons
job uncertainty, job cuts because of unstable economy
Had a highly respected NSW leadership team. Varied infrastructure projects, though company struggled in NSW. Positive learning environment but limited career progress in HSEQ area
FIFO project in Northern WA with very little time for family/work balance. This was a massive project in developing and commissioning a greenfield to brownfield iron ore operation with very little time for anything else but work.
My day would start with a short cross shift hand over with the previous crew. I would write down all the information I would need such as any hazards or extra gear I need to take underground with me. Management would go through the daily targets and any hazards that will be in our work area and also if there were any firing on our shift. Work place culture is very strong and everyone looks out for everyone and help if help is needed. The hardest part of the job is to try and keep everyone on a zero harm frame of mind and the enjoyable part of the job is doing the safe and making sure I leave the job safe for the next person behind me and returning home to my family.
Pros
Being in a good work culture and leading by example
Cons
Long days
Workshop work not far from home at this time. Good work/family balance and management were good to work with. I made life long friends and was able to learn skills here to take me further with my wish to do FIFO work.
Pros
close to home
A very challenging position to work in, but very rewarding. The workshop staff always made themselves available to administration for any queries and requests.
I enjoy working with all the crew especially during my fly in-fly out job when I was at Christmas Creek and Solomon Rail Road Construction. Though the job is tough and challenging but I enjoy doing all those job and it keeping me challenge every time for different machines to work and different repairs to be done.