MacMahon Employee Reviews

Great opportunities
QC Clerk/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA20 September 2018
I was employed for MacMahon Contractors on PACE Project for BHP in Port Headland for the duration of the project, approximately 8 months, on a fly-in/fly-out basis as a QC Clerk/Administrator. I found the company very enjoyable and rewarding to work for.

The hardest part of this job I would say was the head of Port Headland.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Working away from home.
Mining
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 April 2018
Great. LEarnt alot. Safety and Communication is key.
Be switched on.
Wake up early, eat bad food, sleep do it again
Made friends for life.
Drove trucks, read books. Travelled
Mislead
Estimator/ Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney12 November 2017
I was offer a position at McMahon ad left a place I was happy at for a better offer and more job safety but after eight month, just before I was going on Holiday (Dec) for a month, was called in the office and made redundant. The company offered me a job even though they must have know that they where going to sell the department I worked for. Had to leave Australia ad every thing behind
Great job prospects with even better benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 October 2017
My typical day at work was intriguing that faced me with new challenges that I was able to overcome comfortably. I new people skills and further advanced my managerial skills as a result of the level of training that I received. The hardest part of my job was controlling the BHP blend however, the most enjoyable was the job satisfaction that I received when a job was completed. Furthermore, the co-workers that I worked with were easy to get along with, were knowledgable and hard working.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Australia4 July 2017
some of the sites were better than others but generally they were pretty good at least it was full time which was great and long term because they had many sites but when things started crashing in 2008 then was a bit unsure unstable
Pros
Longterm good rosters
Cons
job uncertainty, job cuts because of unstable economy
Varied projects; respected NSW management team
QA & E Management Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 May 2017
Had a highly respected NSW leadership team. Varied infrastructure projects, though company struggled in NSW. Positive learning environment but limited career progress in HSEQ area
Project summary
Project Director Mining (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 May 2017
FIFO project in Northern WA with very little time for family/work balance.
This was a massive project in developing and commissioning a greenfield to brownfield iron ore operation with very little time for anything else but work.
Great people and good netball team
Bogger Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 March 2017
My day would start with a short cross shift hand over with the previous crew. I would write down all the information I would need such as any hazards or extra gear I need to take underground with me. Management would go through the daily targets and any hazards that will be in our work area and also if there were any firing on our shift. Work place culture is very strong and everyone looks out for everyone and help if help is needed. The hardest part of the job is to try and keep everyone on a zero harm frame of mind and the enjoyable part of the job is doing the safe and making sure I leave the job safe for the next person behind me and returning home to my family.
Pros
Being in a good work culture and leading by example
Cons
Long days
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale SA21 February 2017
Workshop work not far from home at this time.

Good work/family balance and management were good to work with.
I made life long friends and was able to learn skills here to take me further with my wish to do FIFO work.
Pros
close to home
good workshop team environment, great people to work with
Workshop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA31 December 2016
A very challenging position to work in, but very rewarding.
The workshop staff always made themselves available to administration for any queries and requests.
Good
Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Western Australia1 May 2016
I enjoy working with all the crew especially during my fly in-fly out job when I was at Christmas Creek and Solomon Rail Road Construction. Though the job is tough and challenging but I enjoy doing all those job and it keeping me challenge every time for different machines to work and different repairs to be done.
Well run.
Maintenance, service person, open cut mining (Former Employee) –  Christmas Creek WA23 April 2016
Professional company who has the welfare of their employees as a priority. We always had updates as to the future of the current contract at hand. Important.
Management are always approachable.
Pros
Good camp, lots of facilities eg gym, pool etc.
Cons
Away from home.
All the same
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Christmas Creek W.A.13 March 2016
All companies are basicly the same all need to be looked at
by head office not by there boss mates on site as they all look after each other..
Project Manager was excellent, colleagues fun and hardworking
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  EAGLEFIELD VIA GLENDEN1 March 2016
The mine site was an excellent site to work for under the Leadership of the Project Manager. Unfortunately the downfall was that head office was located in Perth, and Senior Management were totally out of touch with Queensland Mining Acts and Regulations.
Hardest part of the job was when the Contract was completed and having to say good bye to work colleagues.
Pros
Extremely Safe Site due to Project Manager
Cons
Lack of communication from Head Office
Communication was improving
Heavy- duty diesel fitter (Former Employee) –  Christmas creek two mine26 February 2016
I enjoyed working with co-workers from various cultures. Communication, health and safety was improving for the better in all areas of the company until the contract ended unexpectedly.
open cut operations
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  open cut mining , wet pits8 January 2016
overall job operating dozers graders wet pits

management and crew work well together

challenging day to day conditions of overall working environment going back to camp to unwind
Understaffed unorganised
Team leader for the drill and blast division (Current Employee) –  Tropicana30 November 2015
Not a nice place to work. Far to many changes every week, no incentives, very low moral on site. All departments are segregated,
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Facing difficult times
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  West Perth22 October 2015
With the downturn in the resources sector and the slowing of China's consumption of product this company is facing difficult challenges.

Bidding on work and winning is difficult as competitors are willing to bis lost leaders just to stay in business.
Pros
within Metro Free Transit zone for public transport
Good Company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA29 September 2015
Enjoyed my time at Macmahon, people and working environment. Macmahon paid for my relocation, visa;s from UK and basically set me up in Australia
Pros
Remuneration
Cons
FIFO roles
a good work experience
Heavy equipment Tradesman/Fitter (Former Employee) –  argyle diamond mine - rio tinto14 September 2015
good company, I have learned a lot off lessons at work place reality I love the people I have work with, the work challenges but not enough support.