Macmahon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macmahon Employee Reviews for Dump Truck Driver

A good medium sized company to work for, but not too big that you are just a number. The ability to learn on more equipment would greatly benefit retention at the site.
All companies are basicly the same all need to be looked at by head office not by there boss mates on site as they all look after each other..
currently learning the 992 cat loader and loading small trucks such as 777 cat trucks and 785 cat trucks cleaning up the strips.
Pros
good team, good money
Cons
not enough workers
friendly environment not best place to advance in skills/training.
Pros
income protection insurance supplied
Up at 4am, then pre-start with all safety requirements and how we were gonna stay safe during the day. Ensuring that we all came back to camp the same way we left. Pre-start on machinery and continued our daily duties.I learn't how to contruct a rail formation. I enjoyed working under good management, who looked after all their workers. Had a good team to work with and who treated me like part of the team. Got along with all my co-workers on the job and at camp.The hardest part of the job was making sure we completed our the rail project on time.The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing the train go through on the tracks to the mines.
Pros
every second weekend we had a barbeque on the work site.
Cons