Macmahon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macmahon Employee Reviews for Operator

My day would start with a short cross shift hand over with the previous crew. I would write down all the information I would need such as any hazards or extra gear I need to take underground with me. Management would go through the daily targets and any hazards that will be in our work area and also if there were any firing on our shift. Work place culture is very strong and everyone looks out for everyone and help if help is needed. The hardest part of the job is to try and keep everyone on a zero harm frame of mind and the enjoyable part of the job is doing the safe and making sure I leave the job safe for the next person behind me and returning home to my family.
Pros
Being in a good work culture and leading by example
Cons
Long days
- Prestarts, Jha's, take 5's - Operating scrapers, dozers, loaders, graders and moxys.. - Building Rail Formation for BHP - 200km Job - Great Work Crew and staff 28 days on 7 days off, 12hr shifts
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Flies
Good place to advance your mining skills, high level of safety.
good supervisor and good work place safety regular paying and open with up goin works
Pros
clean machine
Cons
to many favourite operator
Start at 5:30am, start meeting at 5:50am, head underground about 6:30am in a light vehicle travailing about 2km to get to the underground working, where i would install GS, the GST consisted of J-tec bolts, cable, oz-row stra, split set , 900mm stubbiesand this would all be install on a square meter.
12.5 hours a day production mining have had the chance to upskill which is a huge benefit they need to pick there supervisiors based on skills and leadership rather than picking there own friends overall needs to be more of a team company attitude between workers. nobody really gells and a whole alot of small little 2-3 person groups all trying to catch the other out.
Pros
opurtunities to up skill
Cons
no team work
Operation of a super drill/power class jumbo, in block cave extraction level. Including developing draw points and the installation of various types of ground support. Able to work unsupervised. Supervision of offsiders and training of up and coming operators. Following verbal and written instructions. Completing JHA's and star guards. Participating in safety meetings and tool box meetings.
Pros
week on week off
Cons
Drive in drive out(900 km one way)
safe enviroment to work in, unload & load trucks with IT loader eg culverts and 1.5 tonne cement bags, load trucks with material. cleanup excess material from rail formation with frontend loader & roller operator. Learned how to complete task in a safe manner & to complete the appropiate paper work. Positve communication with co-workers and management and also was given the opportunity to work as leading/hand in earthworks . Completed a cert.III in civil construction
Pros
on going training to help upgrade skills. fifo
Cons
plenty of overtime