Macmahon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Macmahon Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

some of the sites were better than others but generally they were pretty good at least it was full time which was great and long term because they had many sites but when things started crashing in 2008 then was a bit unsure unstable
Pros
Longterm good rosters
Cons
job uncertainty, job cuts because of unstable economy
We were all working the same long hours away from our families etc -getting up at 3.30 am to start work or starting work at 4pm for night shift. Generally they were 12-13 hours days/nights/ We al looked out for each other and I am sure our in team care worked well for MacMahon as well as we had the best safety record. During my time with them (5 years) I had no incidents- My co-workers were friends and workmates all in one and the hardest part is being away from my wife but we worked well at making this work. All in all it was team work all round and being a part of that team was rewarding.
typical day at work can alway's be challenging Learned how to operate different type's of SME Listened to worker's an there concern's an addressed them . great bunch of guys to work with , family feeling . Sometime's the long hour's . But thats part of the job . seeing the end result , No accident's . Everyone going home safely
Pros
learn to operate sme .
Cons
sometime's being away from family, but end result is good
prestart meeting,prestart machine haul waste from digger to designated dump and bak to digger,write out take 5's,hazard reports etc,1st Crib,Production,loading,hauling,dumping waste dirt,2nd crib,Production,positive radio com's,use safe work practices,fatique management,Park up,end of shift head bak to camp,beers,dinner and sleep,ni nite.
Pros
financial gains, meals etc
Cons
yep long dayz
Operating Komatsu 300 excavators to clear and stockpile dredge spoils. Cat 330 excavator loading Moxies and Kenworth Tippers for wharf construction, sifting rocks from stockpiles. Digging trenches with Hitachi 5 ton machine. Loading Moxies and Tippers with Cat 930 loader, IT to unload / load trucks with pallets using fork attachment. Unloading mesh and rio bar batches using jib attachment with chains. Carting Excavator spoils with Kenworth Tipper to stockpiles. Mostly enjoyed operating the larger excavators stockpiling and loading trucks.
Pros
Got to operate large excavators, my favourite job
Cons
Pay wasn't overly great
I met and made many new friendships a long the way during the 12mth job contract and still keep in contact with these that was the hardest part of the job parting company. I was hoping to gain continuous long term full time employment with the company but this was not to be. I am still trying to get back on board after 12mths.i gained many onsite tickets whilst employed and would liked to have been given the opportunity to put these to long term good use and prove to be a worthy investment to the company a typical day at work was filled with interesting events work related climate social and particularly with the native raw landscape and animals I miss it all.
Pros
very well looked after in all aspects of the contract @ duration of employment