MacPac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MacPac Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Was mostly relaxed, good wages and great work environment. Management wasn't perfect but still great. The hardest part of the job was learning the products we sold. My favorite part was interacting with customers.
Overall I enjoyed working at Macpac but there were a few small issues.
There is a lot of nepotism going on with management I found. Some managers would hire their friends and you'd end up losing shifts even though you were more experienced. One of the area managers is also quite anti-social.

There's also no advancement within the company so you'd be best off only working for a year or two then moving on.
Great Managers of all levels and great staff. perfect place for the outside enthusiast. very accommodating when comes to sick times or family problems.
I loved working at Macpac, everything was fun about it and the stores were always busy and you always had something to do in store. Only down side was the new manager that came to my store which was one of the reasons I left, but other than this I really enjoyed my time at Macpac.
Pros
great store, fun, great staff
Cons
management, long hours
My experience working here was the best i've had in the workforce. management was kind and understanding and my coworkers were fun to work with. work/home life balance was easy to manage and made life a breeze.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
need for extensive product knowledge
Macpac is a great company to work for. Management is very supportive. Retail does not pay very well but Macpac is on the higher end of it. Company culture is great!
Overall, Macpac is a New Zealand based company, specialising in hiking equipment and apparel.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people who are going traveling or hiking (which I love), no customer is ever the same which makes it quite challenging most the time.

All my fellow staff have a is a very positive work ethic, including the management.

The most hardest thing for me currently is the commute to work, the store is based in Fitzroy I live over the West side of Melbourne now (basically the other side of the city, total commute time just over and hour each way).
Pros
Amazing staff discount
Cons
Commute time