MacPac Employee Reviews

Great overall.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 January 2018
I loved working at Macpac, everything was fun about it and the stores were always busy and you always had something to do in store. Only down side was the new manager that came to my store which was one of the reasons I left, but other than this I really enjoyed my time at Macpac.
Pros
great store, fun, great staff
Cons
management, long hours
Exciting and challenging workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 October 2017
My experience working here was the best i've had in the workforce. management was kind and understanding and my coworkers were fun to work with. work/home life balance was easy to manage and made life a breeze.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
need for extensive product knowledge
Amazing company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne14 April 2017
Macpac is a great company to work for. Management is very supportive. Retail does not pay very well but Macpac is on the higher end of it. Company culture is great!
Great work culture, fellow staff, products. Travel time is too much now
MANAGER AND PART TIME SALES ADVISOR, MACPAC (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2016
Overall, Macpac is a New Zealand based company, specialising in hiking equipment and apparel.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people who are going traveling or hiking (which I love), no customer is ever the same which makes it quite challenging most the time.
All my fellow staff have a is a very positive work ethic, including the management.
The most hardest thing for me currently is the commute to work, the store is based in Fitzroy I live over the West side of Melbourne now (basically the other side of the city, total commute time just over and hour each way).
Pros
Amazing staff discount
Cons
Commute time